Lucid Gravity update 3.3.5 + fob update

with all this negativity around the fob. I have the car now for 2 weeks, was delivered with 3.3.5 and not ONCE have I had the error key not detected or car didnt open when I approached the car. I had way more issues with my Apple Key on my X5M which constantly took 5-10 seconds to open the door.
As a recent owner, hopefully your experience is a sign of more to come for future owners.

I can see how you would interpret forum posts about the fob and other issues, as negativity.

Another way to look at those posts and this forum in general, is as a hospital or doctor's office.
See my post here.
 
As a recent owner, hopefully your experience is a sign of more to come for future owners.

I can see how you would interpret forum posts about the fob and other issues, as negativity.

Another way to look at those posts and this forum in general, is as a hospital or doctor's office.
See my post here.
@NerviG what I say in the post linked above about "enjoying the beach", I'm guility of it myself.

Before I received my GGT in early August, I was checking this forum several times a day to learn about the ownership experiences of Gravity owners.
Preparing myself to the possible issues. The joys and highs of ownership were good to hear, but the "what ifs" were highly likely with a first gen ev from a fairly new company.

Since receiving my GGT, I still check the forum each day, but not as much.
Mostly because I'm out enjoying my GGT, which has been amazing for me.

I could post about last weekend when my wife and I loaded out three little granddaughters (with their strollers, backpacks with pullups and more) into the Gravity and had a wonderful day of outdoor adventures. I could post about the six year-old saying how much she loved the car and asked how much it cost (was it $2,000 or $3M :p). I could go on.
And that's my point. I should go on, but it's tricky because sometimes people don't take those positive experiences unless it's accompanied by a solution for them. Understandable.
 
with all this negativity around the fob. I have the car now for 2 weeks, was delivered with 3.3.5 and not ONCE have I had the error key not detected or car didnt open when I approached the car. I had way more issues with my Apple Key on my X5M which constantly took 5-10 seconds to open the door.
That is a concerning issue - it’s wildly inconsistent among various Gravity and that’s what really bugs me. There are all sorts of potential reasons for it (I am not really interested in those as other manufacturers have similar challenges but manage to provide working fobs day one), but it makes it incredibly difficult for Lucid to “fix” when it’s not consistent across cars.

“Why does it happen in this car and not that car - every spec is identical?” That makes it insanely tough to really address a bug and likely increases the risk that a fix for one car creates an issue in a different car…they’ll get it all done and fixed, but I don’t think it will be in one update. Each update seems to improve, but also create issues.
 
This matches my experience. I’ve had my car for about 10 weeks and only once was unable to open or start the car with the fob (the key card worked so wasn’t stranded). That was on 3.3.5 but before the fob update. Since the fob update I’ve not had the problem again.
Same; we haven't had an issue with the fob in weeks.
 
Same; we haven't had an issue with the fob in weeks.
Yeah my fob has only not opened the car twice, but then it did after squeezing it a couple times, and I did get the shake to wake alert but that went away. Maybe it’s due for a new battery but I do use a faraday bag so I’d be surprised.
 
That is a concerning issue - it’s wildly inconsistent among various Gravity and that’s what really bugs me. There are all sorts of potential reasons for it (I am not really interested in those as other manufacturers have similar challenges but manage to provide working fobs day one), but it makes it incredibly difficult for Lucid to “fix” when it’s not consistent across cars.

“Why does it happen in this car and not that car - every spec is identical?” That makes it insanely tough to really address a bug and likely increases the risk that a fix for one car creates an issue in a different car…they’ll get it all done and fixed, but I don’t think it will be in one update. Each update seems to improve, but also create issues.
I wonder if the inconsistencies are due variations in settings and use.

For example, I don't use proximity lock/unlock. I also use a Faraday bag.

Perhaps an owner survey would allow Lucid to determine patterns that correlate to issues.
 
Since 3.3.5 and fob update it works much much better. I can easily reproduce the issue tho. Example: I have folks in the car and leave my key fob in the car with a few folks waiting while I make a stop for just a few minutes. When I return and try and leave the car goes back to cant find FOB, shake..shake..shake. I can consistantly reproduce the issue. If you leave with FOB and let the car sleep it works almost 99% since updates.
 
Since 3.3.5 and fob update it works much much better. I can easily reproduce the issue tho. Example: I have folks in the car and leave my key fob in the car with a few folks waiting while I make a stop for just a few minutes. When I return and try and leave the car goes back to cant find FOB, shake..shake..shake. I can consistantly reproduce the issue. If you leave with FOB and let the car sleep it works almost 99% since updates.
I am sorry but I think that is "as designed". the key goes to "sleep" if it is just stationary for a while?

you can argue its a bad design, sure.
 
Same; we haven't had an issue with the fob in weeks.
While I only recently took delivery, the fob is recognized all the time and door handles present upon approach consistently. Kudos to y'all for working thru the issues thus far. Knock on wood, have had very few issues whatsoever. Just questions and compliments!
 
While I only recently took delivery, the fob is recognized all the time and door handles present upon approach consistently. Kudos to y'all for working thru the issues thus far. Knock on wood, have had very few issues whatsoever. Just questions and compliments!
The mere fact that Lucid messed up with Air and didn’t fix this with Gravity made me not buy a Gravity for my wife. Listening CEO, get this stuff fixed……

Earnings call CEO said they are making the best car, what’s the point if you can’t open the doors. Does CEO even know customers are having these issues? Who cares about autonomous cars if you can’t get in?
 
I am sorry but I think that is "as designed". the key goes to "sleep" if it is just stationary for a while?

you can argue its a bad design, sure.
My other 4 vehicles don’t do that from Honda, BMW, Dodge, Acura. So I would say bad design. I should be able to leave folks in the car with the key fob for a few minutes get back in and drive away and not get a key fob issue.

I’m essentially leaving the car running, everything stays on HVAC, radio. Why can’t I do that?

Is that designed that way? Why? Would love to know.

Bad design in my opinion.
 
My other 4 vehicles don’t do that from Honda, BMW, Dodge, Acura. So I would say bad design. I should be able to leave folks in the car with the key fob for a few minutes get back in and drive away and not get a key fob issue.

I’m essentially leaving the car running, everything stays on HVAC, radio. Why can’t I do that?

Is that designed that way? Why? Would love to know.

Bad design in my opinion.
It falls asleep as a security feature. It's meant for when you leave your keys in your home. Many thieves have found they can use certain equipment to pick up the fob signal from outside the home and use it to replay it and steal the car.
 
It falls asleep as a security feature. It's meant for when you leave your keys in your home. Many thieves have found they can use certain equipment to pick up the fob signal from outside the home and use it to replay it and steal the car.
Yet it knows there are bodies in the seats (airbags activated) yet still goes to sleep for security? Uh programming issue it seems. Not to mention encrypting the traffic to and from the fob.
 
Last edited:
Yet it knows there are bodies in the seats (airbags activated) yet still goes to sleep for security? Uh programming issue it seems. Not to mention encrypting the traffic to and from the fob.
How does your key fob know people are in the car?

You'd be surprised how many cars are not protected from replay attacks. Turning the fob off is an easy mitigation for this exploit. The others cost time and money and many car manufacturers choose the cheaper route.
 
How does your key fob know people are in the car?

You'd be surprised how many cars are not protected from replay attacks. Turning the fob off is an easy mitigation for this exploit. The others cost time and money and many car manufacturers choose the cheaper route.
Easy, it asks the car and the car knows so it answers. 127k isn't enough to cover the encryption? My Honda does it very well at one third the cost. Back to programming issue for me.
 
Easy, it asks the car and the car knows so it answers. 127k isn't enough to cover the encryption? My Honda does it very well at one third the cost. Back to programming issue for me.
Ok. I guess they should just hire you then bc you have it all figured out. It's just that easy.

I have been working in cybersecurity for the better part of 3 decades. Worked as a cryptologist. There is nothing easy or cheap that goes into doing it right. I don't work at Lucid so I don't know how they have chosen to implement their security on their fobs and vehicle. I'm just saying that turning the radio off is a simple solution that several other automakers use and is proven effective.

This is the last post bc I just don't have time or patience for this. Either deal with your car or get rid of it. Easy as that.
 
Ok. I guess they should just hire you then bc you have it all figured out. It's just that easy.

I have been working in cybersecurity for the better part of 3 decades. Worked as a cryptologist. There is nothing easy or cheap that goes into doing it right. I don't work at Lucid so I don't know how they have chosen to implement their security on their fobs and vehicle. I'm just saying that turning the radio off is a simple solution that several other automakers use and is proven effective.

This is the last post bc I just don't have time or patience for this. Either deal with your car or get rid of it. Easy as that.
Why did you even respond then? To put me down, look smart? or to pick a fight.:rolleyes:

+Another example of beating up a poster for simply stating what is happening with vehicle and asking questions. I own a cybersecurity/MSP company and have for 30 years, but what does that have to do with it? You can disagree that is great, but trying to put me down is stupid.

I feel it is just that easy as every other car company known to man has done it for decades. Since none of my other 4 vehicles do it I feel its a bad design, is that simple to me. But that is just my opinion and that is my final answer...lol

Have a great day!!
 
My other 4 vehicles don’t do that from Honda, BMW, Dodge, Acura. So I would say bad design. I should be able to leave folks in the car with the key fob for a few minutes get back in and drive away and not get a key fob issue.

I’m essentially leaving the car running, everything stays on HVAC, radio. Why can’t I do that?

Is that designed that way? Why? Would love to know.

Bad design in my opinion.
No argument here, I have never seen this on any other car either. But I think others have mentioned it has to do with the "bluetooth" design they chose or so. It is for sure not a good look, especially in 2025 with a $100k+ car. I am just hopeful the Apple Key will just add another layer of a "working" option. Then you have the key card, the fob, your phone .. hopefully one of it will always work lol
 
Ugh. Fob was sleepy tonight, I guess. Went out to run an errand, came back to car with my arms full. No lights and handles didn’t present. So, was able to try to push driver handle but nothing happened.

So, put my stuff on the ground (it was raining, so I really really wanted proximity unlocked to work!), took out my fob and used the button to unlock car. Worked fine. Got in and all screens came up and looked fine.

However, I immediately got “key not detected”…so I shook fob and it DID go away. But…immediately said “key not detected” again. So I shook fob again and this time warning went away for good and car started up.

I had a 40 yard walk from store to car and my fob was definitely moving in my pocket, so not sure why it was so sleepy.

Not a major issue, but up until today, hadn’t gotten these warnings at all since 3.3.5 and fob update…
Check battery voltage or simply try a new FOB battery when the detection gets less alert. Mine seemed drowsy on day when original battery was weakened. I replaced it with fresh pile and voila… back to better behavior.
 
Why did you even respond then? To put me down, look smart? or to pick a fight.:rolleyes:

+Another example of beating up a poster for simply stating what is happening with vehicle and asking questions. I own a cybersecurity/MSP company and have for 30 years, but what does that have to do with it? You can disagree that is great, but trying to put me down is stupid.

I feel it is just that easy as every other car company known to man has done it for decades. Since none of my other 4 vehicles do it I feel its a bad design, is that simple to me. But that is just my opinion and that is my final answer...lol

Have a great day!!
See what you have done "Lucid vehicle access team"?
 
Back
Top