Lucid Gravity update 3.3.5 + fob update

NotchEV is one of the better Gravity channels out there. He's very clear-eyed and judicious with his criticisms. He never catastrophizes thing when he runs into a problem. He is the channel that has me keeping my reservation. Can't wait to get mine.
The main difference, he’s an actual owner in it for the long haul with a lot of pre-delivery research
 
Ugh. Fob was sleepy tonight, I guess. Went out to run an errand, came back to car with my arms full. No lights and handles didn’t present. So, was able to try to push driver handle but nothing happened.

So, put my stuff on the ground (it was raining, so I really really wanted proximity unlocked to work!), took out my fob and used the button to unlock car. Worked fine. Got in and all screens came up and looked fine.

However, I immediately got “key not detected”…so I shook fob and it DID go away. But…immediately said “key not detected” again. So I shook fob again and this time warning went away for good and car started up.

I had a 40 yard walk from store to car and my fob was definitely moving in my pocket, so not sure why it was so sleepy.

Not a major issue, but up until today, hadn’t gotten these warnings at all since 3.3.5 and fob update…
Sounds to me like what started to happen when battery starts to dip near low voltage. Try a fresh batt to see. Don’t know actual voltage that starts showing… but after 5 or so FOB reboots that worked well after each… I noticed what you describe… just a little less able… checked battery and it was no longer pegging good section of green meter… but at edge of red meter area. I replaced battery and it was back to better results. I haven’t changed the battery since returning from NM. Still have 5 spares… Gonna try self updating it today with Iphone app. Still haven’t seen 3.3.8 offered.
 
It's been 24 hrs. since 3.3.5 was installed and fob was updated using the app.

The only change I've seen, which isn't much, is when I use a key card to unlock, the screens come on as I open the door, they stay on for awhile, by time I'm seated they're off, and once I put my foot on the brake for steering wheel and seat adjustment, they immediately come on.

Previously the screens would come on and stay on. Kinda like they wake up and then wait for my next action (step on brake). If I just want to sit, but want seat back to exit position, I just open and close the door.

No change with fob. Screens still come on and stay on after unlock.
 
It’s funny, I think Notch EV only started his channel when he got the Gravity. He’s using Gravity’s launch to start his own YouTube career. Since there’s a lot of interest in gravity but not many cars or info out there, he’s filling a need.
 
I was only given one fob (and two keycards) for my Gravity. My Air came with two fobs. Did other Gravity owners receive just one fob?
 
I was only given one fob (and two keycards) for my Gravity. My Air came with two fobs. Did other Gravity owners receive just one fob?

Yes, the Dream Edition gets two fobs and the Grand Touring only gets one (and both get two cards).
 
Still does for me and I have 3.3.8. 😢
No one is complaining about call quality when I’m talking to them in the car over multiple versions of software. I’ve even asked if they can hear me clearly and the response I get is “crystal clear”.

I’d be definitely raising the issue with Lucid to check if it’s a hardware problem.

** I will add that I did jump in the car once, it was on WiFi and the call transferred from phone to car when I got in. When I was driving away my friend said “you’re now sounding like a robot” and it was about the time where the car loses its WiFi connection and goes to LTE. I put it down to a handover issue, disconnected the phone from the car, connected again and I was clear again.
 
No one is complaining about call quality when I’m talking to them in the car over multiple versions of software. I’ve even asked if they can hear me clearly and the response I get is “crystal clear”.

I’d be definitely raising the issue with Lucid to check if it’s a hardware problem.

** I will add that I did jump in the car once, it was on WiFi and the call transferred from phone to car when I got in. When I was driving away my friend said “you’re now sounding like a robot” and it was about the time where the car loses its WiFi connection and goes to LTE. I put it down to a handover issue, disconnected the phone from the car, connected again and I was clear again.
I took my car in for a few issues (this being one) and upon pick up was told they could not duplicate it. While there I called a service rep to test it and he said I sounded fine. A few days later I had to call my service rep about something else and he said I can’t hear you, it sounds terrible and I said thank g-d! This is what I have been complaining about. He was thankful to have experienced it and when I car goes back for parts that are on order they will address it. I’m glad that someone there heard it so they can hopefully work it out. I just use speaker for the time being. To the other person, if sounds like there is a pillow over the microphone. I’ve heard it when my husband calls me from the car and I have to tell him to yell but he can hear me fine. So, it is only a problem for the person not in my gravity. I have an iPhone and he has a Samsung.

I’m not worried as I had a ‘22 AGT and all issues were (for me) resolved at some point so I am sure these will also be resolved. I’m okay with any early adoption issues so long as the car still drives and thus far…knock wood… I’m good in that department.
 
Yes it does.
It’s hit or miss for me, but as others have noted, if I know have to take an important call in car, I always use AirPods. This is true for our X and R1S - neither of which have great sound on the other end for whatever reason.
 
Has anyone else noticed an increase in “Vehicle Offline” in the app since this update? I don’t think I had ever seen it once prior, and now it feels more like every other time I drive/park and check the app it’s back offline again.
 
No one is complaining about call quality when I’m talking to them in the car over multiple versions of software. I’ve even asked if they can hear me clearly and the response I get is “crystal clear”.

I’d be definitely raising the issue with Lucid to check if it’s a hardware problem.

** I will add that I did jump in the car once, it was on WiFi and the call transferred from phone to car when I got in. When I was driving away my friend said “you’re now sounding like a robot” and it was about the time where the car loses its WiFi connection and goes to LTE. I put it down to a handover issue, disconnected the phone from the car, connected again and I was clear again.
You know what, we should set up a call from my Gravity to your Gravity and see if I can hear you well and vice versa.

This way, you will be able to hear first hand just how terrible mine sounds and I will be able to confirm whether yours sounds different from my car.
 
I took my car in for a few issues (this being one) and upon pick up was told they could not duplicate it. While there I called a service rep to test it and he said I sounded fine. A few days later I had to call my service rep about something else and he said I can’t hear you, it sounds terrible and I said thank g-d! This is what I have been complaining about. He was thankful to have experienced it and when I car goes back for parts that are on order they will address it. I’m glad that someone there heard it so they can hopefully work it out. I just use speaker for the time being. To the other person, if sounds like there is a pillow over the microphone. I’ve heard it when my husband calls me from the car and I have to tell him to yell but he can hear me fine. So, it is only a problem for the person not in my gravity. I have an iPhone and he has a Samsung.

I’m not worried as I had a ‘22 AGT and all issues were (for me) resolved at some point so I am sure these will also be resolved. I’m okay with any early adoption issues so long as the car still drives and thus far…knock wood… I’m good in that department.
Well, I did the same thing to my service advisor at San Jose while driving to the service appointment. He knew it sounded bad and he confirmed it himself. But the tech who worked on the car at first dismissed the whole issue as "cannot reproduce." Only when I insisted did they replace the mics, but it didn't fix anything anyway. So just because the service advisor can confirm the issue doesn't mean it will get fixed or they even know what the problem is. At least for now.
 
Getting the appointment set up took more time than I would have liked, but eventually someone from mobile service called me and set up the appointment for two days out.

Mobile technician showed up right on time, and the update took less than 20 minutes.

Of course, with the 3.3.5 update, I'd only had one "key fob not found" error in two weeks, so the issue was already much better than before!
 
It’s hit or miss for me, but as others have noted, if I know have to take an important call in car, I always use AirPods. This is true for our X and R1S - neither of which have great sound on the other end for whatever reason.
I have noticed that the Gravity's call audio quality is much better if I turn up the volume in my iphone.
 
with all this negativity around the fob. I have the car now for 2 weeks, was delivered with 3.3.5 and not ONCE have I had the error key not detected or car didnt open when I approached the car. I had way more issues with my Apple Key on my X5M which constantly took 5-10 seconds to open the door.
 
with all this negativity around the fob. I have the car now for 2 weeks, was delivered with 3.3.5 and not ONCE have I had the error key not detected or car didnt open when I approached the car. I had way more issues with my Apple Key on my X5M which constantly took 5-10 seconds to open the door.
This matches my experience. I’ve had my car for about 10 weeks and only once was unable to open or start the car with the fob (the key card worked so wasn’t stranded). That was on 3.3.5 but before the fob update. Since the fob update I’ve not had the problem again. 🤞
 
Back
Top