Lucid Gravity Touring - Now Available

There seems to be room for a Touring with an upgraded large pack with 100-105KWhr in between the base Touring and GT kind of like what Rivian does. Although I found a GT that may have lots of discounts to below a loaded Touring that is also a good move.
Fully loaded or base GT?
 
@illopp00 The $7500 only apples to the GT. Based on my conversation with the SA you can only get loyalty or the test drive bonus not both
 
There seems to be room for a Touring with an upgraded large pack with 100-105KWhr in between the base Touring and GT kind of like what Rivian does. Although I found a GT that may have lots of discounts to below a loaded Touring that is also a good move.
Yeah but wouldn't that essentially be a GT at that point?
 
I am really surprised by the 16 module battery in the Gravity Touring versus the 18 module battery in the Air Touring. I agree that a midsize pack for gravity with 18 modules and 100kWhr for ~$5k more would be a very nice option. It would still be $10k less than the GT but getting a range near 380 miles.
The only real way for Lucid to significantly lower their production cost is to use a smaller battery. All other equipment deletions are rounding errors in the cost to produce the car.

Leaving the options available allows the higher profits from the incremental price increases (with relatively low cost increaes) attached to each option. The battery size reduction was large because they need a large decrease in the cost of production if they were to meet their announced pricing.
 
It’s interesting you have a Range Rover for comparison. I (incorrectly) expected folks fist decided EV or ICE to narrow the list. For example, I don’t want an ICE no matter what, so that significantly limits my choices.

It’s not an environmental thing, it’s an instant torque, charge overnight full tank thing.
I suppose that if we had owned an EV prior to this, we would have ruled gas cars out. However, we were extremely open for that car, as we did not know how great EVs were! If we were to shop for a new car at this moment in time, after having experienced the EV9, we would most likely only consider EVs, as you stated.
 
Fully loaded or base GT?
It was everything except Surround Pro, and Dynamic Handling. Although the Touring also wasn't technically fully loaded, it was Mojave Purluxe Premium and non-tech. But effectively for what spec I was looking for. Will probably miss the Dynamic Handling on the GT, but it's our daily family car/trip car and technically my wife's so she effectively chose tech package over Sound and Handling.
 
Back
Top