Lucid Gravity Touring - Now Available

Is this going to charge like the air at Tesla chargers or like the Gravity grand touring? I noticed on the site the touring is missing the "Wunderbox™ Onboard Boost Charger"
220kW on Tesla (500V) and 300kW on others (1000V)
 
Is this going to charge like the air at Tesla chargers or like the Gravity grand touring? I noticed on the site the touring is missing the "Wunderbox™ Onboard Boost Charger"
Touring is also 670V+ vs 900V+ on GT, maybe lower voltage compensates somewhat the lack of the wunderbox?!
 
Temptation is to take everything down proportionately, given Lucid's "16" vs. "11" minutes to add 200mi (@1000v) and 89 vs 123 KWh both average a ~29-30% cut. It follows that non-Lucid/EPA tested ~360mi @70mph will only be nominally better, in Touring, than 256 highway. This is before cold and the normal ~3-5% degradation over the first couple years.

Maybe Touring's lower mass will test out at 3.3mi/KWh, vs. GGT's 3.1 (taking 70mph range to ~280), but my head's going the opposite way; the hammer of 170-205KWh in Ultium packs, to do the job while aiming to avoid lower 150KW Tesla SC rates (I saw full EA chargers, just today). For actual touring, year round in New England, grabbing ~225KW, for a ~260-280 mile Gravity doesn't compare to raw range. No, these aren't the same vehicle but EV range remains the biggest luxury, to me. That, or like many, wait for new GGTs to shed $$.
 
Touring appears to be almost exact as GT with exception of drivetrain with smaller battery (reducing range by 113 miles), reduced horsepower 560 vs 828 which results in lower towing capacity 3500 vs 6000 lbs. Reduced 670V elec. architecture vs 900V, resulting in slightly slower DC fast charging. Visually it is exactly as GT and includes exact same color choices and options. Basically smaller battery, slightly slower charging, less HP, keep everything else, cut price $15,000.
 
Congratulations to Lucid for making this happen! They now need their marketing team to bring this awesome vehicle to the attention of all those considering an Electric SUV. Maybe work with Apple and Netflix to see these vehicles featured in some TV shows! I'm in SoCal and regularly aksed "who makes Lucid."
 
I just priced out my configuration using the Touring Base, on my 36 month lease I would had saved $7,200 (+/-) Given the additional benefits of the GT no regrets here!
 
I just priced out my configuration using the Touring Base, on my 36 month lease I would had saved $7,200 (+/-) Given the additional benefits of the GT no regrets here!
With actual price difference of $15000, you must be pricing in the $7500 tax credit due to an order before Sep.30 vs Touring which is not eligible.
 
With actual price difference of $15000, you must be pricing in the $7500 tax credit due to an order before Sep.30 vs Touring which is not eligible.
Correct, agreed not apples to apples if purchasing now...
 
There are range differences with the GT based on seating as well.
Five seater has 450 range.
Seven seater has 437 range.
This had been discussed before. The mileage deduct for 7 seat is probably not realistic. With GGT , adding the 3rd row pushed weight into different weight category on EPA calculation (I think they go in 500lb increments even though seats are much less). I guess with touring, the starting point on weight was low enough so that when adding 3rd row, it did not push Touring into next 500lb increment, so no mileage penalty. Leason learned, ignore the range differences between 2 row and 3 row. Wheel/tire will have a much bigger affect on range.
 
This had been discussed before. The mileage deduct for 7 seat is probably not realistic. With GGT , adding the 3rd row pushed weight into different weight category on EPA calculation (I think they go in 500lb increments even though seats are much less). I guess with touring, the starting point on weight was low enough so that when adding 3rd row, it did not push Touring into next 500lb increment, so no mileage penalty. Leason learned, ignore the range differences between 2 row and 3 row. Wheel/tire will have a much bigger affect on range.
Correct.

I deleted my post, but I think you replied to it before it was actually deleted.

I misread the member's (@Jbapckfan ) post about the Touring range being the same for the 5 and 7 seaters.
I read the post as "the GT range is the same for the 5 and 7 seaters".
So, I was responding to say how the GT range was not the same for the 5 and 7 seaters.
 
300 range sucks
Have to disagree, I was expecting it to come in right where it did and it's in line with the competition. An Audi e-Tron for example has less HP and has an EPA of 250 in the same category of car so if anyone sucks, it's Audi.
 
The new section of the online configurator called "User Experience & Navigation" provides info on the UX.
Perhaps this was stated somewhere before and I missed it, but the turn-by-turn navigation being for only 7 years is new to me.

After 7 years ... ?
I don't imagine anyone will be heartbroken if this is the often maligned native nav app.

I'm seeing it as a moot point because I plan to be using Google Maps by March 20 (last day of that winter availability).


Screenshot 2025-11-20 at 6.00.42 PM.webp



Screenshot 2025-11-20 at 5.59.36 PM.webp
 
337 = 280 real-world.
that's what I'm thinking.

Have to disagree, I was expecting it to come in right where it did and it's in line with the competition. An Audi e-Tron for example has less HP and has an EPA of 250 in the same category of car so if anyone sucks, it's Audi.

but, I'm not sure this is going to compare well to say an M-B EQS or BMW iX where their EPA's tend to undersell the numbers and they can get well over 300 in the right conditions. I know the iX can't carry 7, but I think people will still cross-shop until the iX7 is available in a couple years.
 
You need 6000+ lbs for GVWR for tax related purposes, and the GT is above that.
This is actually a Huge difference between touring and GGT for taxes.
 
Back
Top