Lucid Gravity next improvements wish list

2nd row, with the suction cup mount. Dash (thru windshield) and roof glass don't work (metallic coating). Tried the little triangle window in the 3rd row and got a really weak signal and 1/10th normal speed, but I assume that would cut out once the car starts moving and turning. Plus there's no easy way to mount it there anyway.

Even tried the frunk just in case that was a surprise material, but nope.

So looks like 2nd row behind driver is the choice. Not as ideal as an skyward angle, but seems to still get a pretty good signal. I'll clip the power cord (with some slack to open the door) to the rear air vent and plug in the 2nd row 120v.

It works in my driveway and doing a short drive in the neighborhood, but the real test will be a road trip.
Thanks allot! I’ve done an external mount on a rental car, but magnets gave way at 90. Oops! Suction cups would work on glass, so that’s an option I’m willing to try, but would still rather keep it inside the car. Appreciate your feedback!
 
Thanks allot! I’ve done an external mount on a rental car, but magnets gave way at 90. Oops! Suction cups would work on glass, so that’s an option I’m willing to try, but would still rather keep it inside the car. Appreciate your feedback!
Yes, I'm talking the inside of the car. I would never trust it to mount on the outside. (I'd also worry about someone stealing it at stops.)

Here's the suction cup mount I got. I like the silicon sleeve for extra protection too in case I drop it.

 
Yes, I'm talking the inside of the car. I would never trust it to mount on the outside. (I'd also worry about someone stealing it at stops.)

Here's the suction cup mount I got. I like the silicon sleeve for extra protection too in case I drop it.


"Oh look! Free Starlink dish!"
For some reason, I try to trust people to do the right thing when it comes to stealing. I have been singed, not burned in the past, but generally, I have been fine.

I now have suction cup mounts, so am still willing to try outside the car (glass creates a better seal than paint) but wish I could mount it on the inside pointing out. Only for a 7 hour trip each way through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan once a year.
 
I'm hoping that at some point Lucid will slightly enlarge the text on some of the screen readouts: outside temperature, song titles, etc. There is plenty of screen real estate to do it.

A lot of us Lucid buyers are "of an age", and we often don't need distance glasses but need reading glasses because small text is very difficult to read. Maybe they could even make text size selectable such as is done for subtitles on some video streaming services?

On another note, I found a useful feature that I hadn't noticed before. When tapping the stalk button to pulse the windshield wipers the menu for wiper controls on the left side of the glass cockpit comes up. This is very handy if you're in one of those situations when you're on the fence about manually pulsing the wipers or using the intermittent speed feature that can sometimes kick in at odd times.
 
I'm hoping that at some point Lucid will slightly enlarge the text on some of the screen readouts: outside temperature, song titles, etc. There is plenty of screen real estate to do it.

A lot of us Lucid buyers are "of an age", and we often don't need distance glasses but need reading glasses because small text is very difficult to read. Maybe they could even make text size selectable such as is done for subtitles on some video streaming services?
I was just saying that to my partner in the car the other day about the clock. It's so tiny that it's not a "glance at" thing, it's more a "look hard for it" thing.

Least of my concerns at this point, but a thought for fine tuning down the road after they get the more functional things fixed.
 
Does 3.4.1 do scheduled charging properly?

I just had 3.3.22 again start charging in the afternoon instead of waiting for 12:01am as programmed, and as confirmed when I plug in or check the app later.
 
On another note, I found a useful feature that I hadn't noticed before. When tapping the stalk button to pulse the windshield wipers the menu for wiper controls on the left side of the glass cockpit comes up. This is very handy if you're in one of those situations when you're on the fence about manually pulsing the wipers or using the intermittent speed feature that can sometimes kick in at odd times.
Yes, and @Cyp has a short video on what else you do from that wiper button:
 
When the right clearview cockpit is in Home mode, use the extreme right hand triangle (which is otherwise empty in the Home mode) to display a larger analog clock and outside temp. The one on the top is too small for me to see easily.
Great, great idea!! Being able to choose an analog clock instead of 'Zen' would be perfect - seems like an all-software change but Lucid would have to weigh in on that.
 
Great, great idea!! Being able to choose an analog clock instead of 'Zen' would be perfect - seems like an all-software change but Lucid would have to weigh in on that.
I was thinking the same. The old Model X use to have the option to display one there. I'd rather show that vs the sad dynamic range wheel

1770312153584.webp
 
Wish they would display battery temperature. My Macan does that and I love it.

Also, I wish they gave us a TECHNICAL DATA screen somewhere in the menus for us nerds. The same stuff that that Carscanner shows. Doesn't have to be pretty, just a big grid of datapoints.
 
Wish they would display battery temperature. My Macan does that and I love it.

Also, I wish they gave us a TECHNICAL DATA screen somewhere in the menus for us nerds. The same stuff that that Carscanner shows. Doesn't have to be pretty, just a big grid of datapoints.
FWIW, you can get all the data you want via Home Assistant.
 
Can @xponents drink yet?
Nope; 4-5 years left! Although to be honest, I don't think I want to drink at all in my lifetime due to the general health complications that come with it. Perhaps only occasionally if I need to "fit in" to seal any business deals?
 
Nope; 4-5 years left! Although to be honest, I don't think I want to drink at all in my lifetime due to the general health complications that come with it. Perhaps only occasionally if I need to "fit in" to seal any business deals?
god youre so gen alpha

a good cocktail is delicious, health be damned

just dont do it and drive, or overdo it

:)
 
Still can't select "Parking" nor "Dash Camera" for the Left Pilot Panel custom button. They're un-selectable (low-lit).

And, there should be lots more options for all 3 buttons and the options shouldn't vary by button.

And would be nice to have a "long press" and/or double-click option for an additional button on all 3.
 
Back
Top