- Joined
- Jul 12, 2025
- Messages
- 1
- Reaction score
- 9
- Gravity DE Number
- 18
Took delivery of our Gravity Dream Edition #18 earlier this month and it's been such a dream to drive! I was looking for a new car to replace my 14 year old Odyssey so one of my kids could drive it. I've never had an electric vehicle before, so this is all new to me. I knew I didn't want to get a Tesla. I was considering the Rivian R1S--saw they were running an extra $6500 bonus on top of the $7500 EV credit to lease, so I was ready to put down a deposit on a Storm Blue Tri. But I test drove it and wasn't impressed. Ride was rough, stiff and jerky, all the rows especially the third row seemed a bit cramped, and my kid felt motion sick riding in it.
So I did more research and found out about the Lucid Gravity. More interior space and cargo space than even longer/taller EV SUVs, luxurious interior, smooth but sporty ride, long range. And the biggest criticism was “it looks too much like a minivan,” but coming from a minivan, that was a plus in my mind (I wish it had sliding doors!). Read a bunch on this forum and Lucid Facebook groups and watched a ton of video reviews. (I especially loved the Hagerty Mom Missile drag race and the Kelley Blue Book review!). I was obsessed!
Went to look at and sit in the Gravity and we test drove the Air (since they weren’t letting anyone test drive the Gravity they had in the showroom yet). I ended up putting a deposit down for a GGT, but I looked at available inventory and they had an unclaimed/orphan Dream edition in the exact color scheme I wanted (Aurora Green with Tahoe). I would have wanted a GGT with all the safety and other options anyways, so I asked him if I could get the GDE instead. He checked if it was still available, and the next day was able to assign me to that VIN. My initial order was July 4 and I took delivery Sept 6, so just a little over two months! I ended up with DE #18. I love the number! But not sure how they are assigning numbers, as people who had theirs delivered earlier have reported higher numbers--the number order seems kind of random.
The only thing was that I didn’t really want was the 22/23 wheels, I would have preferred the mid size all season wheels so I could take it to the snow in the winter if I wanted to. I asked my SA several times if they could switch, but he said they would not be able to swap the wheels out, but maybe I could buy another set of winter tires later (although then you'd have an extra set of tires to store somewhere). And said that was “the last Dream edition available anywhere and then they would be sold out” (who knows if that’s true or he was just trying to make a sale!). Anyways, I think part of the reason I wanted the Aurora Green with Tahoe interior (even if it’s the most common color combo) is nostalgia, it reminds me of our old Lexus RX300 which was mineral green with tan leather seats and the shape of the RX300 and Gravity is very similar!
Initially I wanted to lease to get the $7500 EV credit, but they said I wouldn’t be able to buy out the lease early without paying all the interest up front and that would cancel out the $7500 benefit, so buying made more financial sense especially since we keep our cars so long (at least 10-15 years each). When I picked it up at the service center, the salesperson who helped with delivery said he was new and it was only the second Gravity he had delivered, and he thought it was the first Dream edition they had delivered there, but I'm not sure if that's correct.
I've had various glitches/error messages, but I’m hoping they can be corrected with the updates. The first update I did at home (3.3.1) seemed to make the car more buggy with lots more random error messages, slow to wake up/blank screens, etc. I've installed 3.3.2 and it seems like I have fewer error messages now, but I still cannot get Live View to work, wireless charging is finicky to connect and doesn't actually charge the phone (the % charged stays the same or drops no matter how long you drive), and the phone call quality apparently is still echoing after the 3.3.1 update (I can hear fine but others say I sound muffled). I do get blue reflections/glare from the HUD screen as well. EV is a bit of a learning curve for me--I took it on a road trip and learned that you can't charge at all Tesla superchargers (I picked a hotel with a Tesla charger station, but it was apparently an older V2/V3 version, so it didn't work. I had to go find another one farther away and sleep in the car at 2 am for an hour while it charged).
My SA called to follow up after delivery, and said he had not gotten to drive a Dream edition yet, so I stopped by to let him drive it around the block. He showed me the Launch mode and it’s so fast it pushes your head back into the seat! I really love this car, it’s so amazing and fun to drive! It's leagues above any other car I've owned--I feel like I'm in a stealth rocketship! Trying to decide if I want to do PPF and ceramic (I really liked Borski's sparkly wrap, but it's >$10K. Hubby doesn't think it's worth it, but I think it would be good especially since we don't have a garage). A couple guys at the carwash or drive thru have commented about the car asking if it's a new brand or new model, but for the most part it seems to be flying under most people's radar, which is fine by me--I've never really been a car person (until now!) and don't really need to attract a lot of attention driving a flashy expensive car. I love this car though, it's perfect for me!
Some of the features I love:
-Acceleration is so quick and powerful. Love being the "Clark Kent minivan/secret Supermom sports racer SUV", knowing I could smoke the other soccer mom next to me at the stoplight if I wanted to, LOL.
-Small turning radius
-One pedal driving
-Huge interior despite relatively compact exterior
-Lots of interior room even in the third row
-Lots of cargo space especially with the fold flat 2nd and 3rd rows
-Sanctuary mode
-Massage seats
-Second row tray tables
-Frunk seat with cushion and cupholders
-Luxurious feeling interior, leather is soft, like the cloth materials and styling
-Bears everywhere
Still waiting for:
-my 2nd key fob
-Dream edition gifts (besides the frunk cushion)
Still looking forward to:
-CarPlay (need this because I use Waze for avoiding police and Amazon music and there's nowhere to keep the phone easily visible while driving
-Entertainment mode to watch movies etc in the back or while parked
-All season/winter tires for 22/23 wheels
-Camp mode and camp bed (they said Lucid was going to come out with one)
-More Sanctuary videos (website shows "Muir Woods" and "Joshua Tree" but those don't show up in the menu yet)
Still have a few questions:
-how to auto park and unpark (I tried it once but it just kept creeping along telling me to drive forward and wouldn't choose a spot despite passing multiple open spaces)
-how to pin an exact location where you are to favorites in the map (sometimes the address doesn't match the location where I want to park at and it keeps telling me to drive around the block)
-how to see time elapsed, not just time to destination
-trip odometer is displayed, but how to see total odometer on the dash without going into settings/Vehicle?
-I don't see my referral code on the app or on the car or on the website when I log in, the referral page doesn't actually list a referral code
-how to make Live View work (iPhone, doesn't work with or without wifi, and I have a USB drive installed)
-how to get wireless charging to work (I have to plug it into a USB cable in the console)
-where to put larger water bottles (cupholders are too small)
-is PPF worth the $$$?
-is 2.55 miles/kwh too low? I'm using high regen braking, not sure how else to improve it
So I did more research and found out about the Lucid Gravity. More interior space and cargo space than even longer/taller EV SUVs, luxurious interior, smooth but sporty ride, long range. And the biggest criticism was “it looks too much like a minivan,” but coming from a minivan, that was a plus in my mind (I wish it had sliding doors!). Read a bunch on this forum and Lucid Facebook groups and watched a ton of video reviews. (I especially loved the Hagerty Mom Missile drag race and the Kelley Blue Book review!). I was obsessed!
Went to look at and sit in the Gravity and we test drove the Air (since they weren’t letting anyone test drive the Gravity they had in the showroom yet). I ended up putting a deposit down for a GGT, but I looked at available inventory and they had an unclaimed/orphan Dream edition in the exact color scheme I wanted (Aurora Green with Tahoe). I would have wanted a GGT with all the safety and other options anyways, so I asked him if I could get the GDE instead. He checked if it was still available, and the next day was able to assign me to that VIN. My initial order was July 4 and I took delivery Sept 6, so just a little over two months! I ended up with DE #18. I love the number! But not sure how they are assigning numbers, as people who had theirs delivered earlier have reported higher numbers--the number order seems kind of random.
The only thing was that I didn’t really want was the 22/23 wheels, I would have preferred the mid size all season wheels so I could take it to the snow in the winter if I wanted to. I asked my SA several times if they could switch, but he said they would not be able to swap the wheels out, but maybe I could buy another set of winter tires later (although then you'd have an extra set of tires to store somewhere). And said that was “the last Dream edition available anywhere and then they would be sold out” (who knows if that’s true or he was just trying to make a sale!). Anyways, I think part of the reason I wanted the Aurora Green with Tahoe interior (even if it’s the most common color combo) is nostalgia, it reminds me of our old Lexus RX300 which was mineral green with tan leather seats and the shape of the RX300 and Gravity is very similar!
Initially I wanted to lease to get the $7500 EV credit, but they said I wouldn’t be able to buy out the lease early without paying all the interest up front and that would cancel out the $7500 benefit, so buying made more financial sense especially since we keep our cars so long (at least 10-15 years each). When I picked it up at the service center, the salesperson who helped with delivery said he was new and it was only the second Gravity he had delivered, and he thought it was the first Dream edition they had delivered there, but I'm not sure if that's correct.
I've had various glitches/error messages, but I’m hoping they can be corrected with the updates. The first update I did at home (3.3.1) seemed to make the car more buggy with lots more random error messages, slow to wake up/blank screens, etc. I've installed 3.3.2 and it seems like I have fewer error messages now, but I still cannot get Live View to work, wireless charging is finicky to connect and doesn't actually charge the phone (the % charged stays the same or drops no matter how long you drive), and the phone call quality apparently is still echoing after the 3.3.1 update (I can hear fine but others say I sound muffled). I do get blue reflections/glare from the HUD screen as well. EV is a bit of a learning curve for me--I took it on a road trip and learned that you can't charge at all Tesla superchargers (I picked a hotel with a Tesla charger station, but it was apparently an older V2/V3 version, so it didn't work. I had to go find another one farther away and sleep in the car at 2 am for an hour while it charged).
My SA called to follow up after delivery, and said he had not gotten to drive a Dream edition yet, so I stopped by to let him drive it around the block. He showed me the Launch mode and it’s so fast it pushes your head back into the seat! I really love this car, it’s so amazing and fun to drive! It's leagues above any other car I've owned--I feel like I'm in a stealth rocketship! Trying to decide if I want to do PPF and ceramic (I really liked Borski's sparkly wrap, but it's >$10K. Hubby doesn't think it's worth it, but I think it would be good especially since we don't have a garage). A couple guys at the carwash or drive thru have commented about the car asking if it's a new brand or new model, but for the most part it seems to be flying under most people's radar, which is fine by me--I've never really been a car person (until now!) and don't really need to attract a lot of attention driving a flashy expensive car. I love this car though, it's perfect for me!
Some of the features I love:
-Acceleration is so quick and powerful. Love being the "Clark Kent minivan/secret Supermom sports racer SUV", knowing I could smoke the other soccer mom next to me at the stoplight if I wanted to, LOL.
-Small turning radius
-One pedal driving
-Huge interior despite relatively compact exterior
-Lots of interior room even in the third row
-Lots of cargo space especially with the fold flat 2nd and 3rd rows
-Sanctuary mode
-Massage seats
-Second row tray tables
-Frunk seat with cushion and cupholders
-Luxurious feeling interior, leather is soft, like the cloth materials and styling
-Bears everywhere
Still waiting for:
-my 2nd key fob
-Dream edition gifts (besides the frunk cushion)
Still looking forward to:
-CarPlay (need this because I use Waze for avoiding police and Amazon music and there's nowhere to keep the phone easily visible while driving
-Entertainment mode to watch movies etc in the back or while parked
-All season/winter tires for 22/23 wheels
-Camp mode and camp bed (they said Lucid was going to come out with one)
-More Sanctuary videos (website shows "Muir Woods" and "Joshua Tree" but those don't show up in the menu yet)
Still have a few questions:
-how to auto park and unpark (I tried it once but it just kept creeping along telling me to drive forward and wouldn't choose a spot despite passing multiple open spaces)
-how to pin an exact location where you are to favorites in the map (sometimes the address doesn't match the location where I want to park at and it keeps telling me to drive around the block)
-how to see time elapsed, not just time to destination
-trip odometer is displayed, but how to see total odometer on the dash without going into settings/Vehicle?
-I don't see my referral code on the app or on the car or on the website when I log in, the referral page doesn't actually list a referral code
-how to make Live View work (iPhone, doesn't work with or without wifi, and I have a USB drive installed)
-how to get wireless charging to work (I have to plug it into a USB cable in the console)
-where to put larger water bottles (cupholders are too small)
-is PPF worth the $$$?
-is 2.55 miles/kwh too low? I'm using high regen braking, not sure how else to improve it
Attachments
-
IMG_0461.webp523.5 KB · Views: 389 -
IMG_0479.webp771 KB · Views: 274 -
IMG_0464.webp750.4 KB · Views: 279 -
IMG_0480.webp1.1 MB · Views: 266 -
IMG_0540.webp2.6 MB · Views: 277 -
IMG_1802.webp873.7 KB · Views: 246 -
IMG_1102.webp3 MB · Views: 306 -
IMG_1110.webp2.9 MB · Views: 260 -
IMG_1109.webp2.2 MB · Views: 259 -
2003-lexus-rx-300-fwd-4dr-suv-mineral-green-opalescent-side-medium.webp20.2 KB · Views: 300