Lucid Gravity 3.4.4 Software Update

Mine's still at the SC lol. Please try out this update for the rest of us who have the AC charging issue

Bummer. I mentioned MPB because after they replaced the NACS connector and cable, they found that the MPB had fried, thereby causing my inability to charge at all.

Been flawless since return. Damn, I love this car!
I do too, and I hoped this would have fixed it but it didn't... It held right around 79A for about 15 minutes before the roller coaster began...See attached...
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20260304_125620_Grizzl-E Connect.webp
    Screenshot_20260304_125620_Grizzl-E Connect.webp
    73.3 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
I do too, and I hoped this would have fixed it but it didn't... It held right around 79A for about 15 minutes before the roller coaster began...See attached...
FWIW - I'm on a 60A breaker and it's consistently charging at 11kW flat
 
I do too, and I hoped this would have fixed it but it didn't... It held right around 79A for about 15 minutes before the roller coaster began...See attached...
As disappointing as that may be to you, its' still way better than most home charging on 40A NEMA 14-50's
 
Maybe it’s just me, but I just plug in overnight and don’t even pay attention to the kW. I still wake up with a charged battery. I’m just using a gen 2 Tesla Wall connector on a 40 amp breaker. So charging at 32 amps, I get 32 miles per hour on the Gravity.
 
Funny you say this about Wunderbox...After the 3.4.1 update, my AC charging took an even further hit on charging speeds which have never lived up to advertising...I just picked up my Gravity yesterday after they replaced the main power box and claimed everything was fixed...All that's fixed is it's back to underperforming at the speeds prior to the 3.4.1 update...I questioned them when picking it up if it was capable of charging at the 80A continuous speed, like advertised and also like the 2026 Air rental I was using, and they wouldn't give me a confident answer...Personally, I think they were just trying to get my car out of the service center after another 2 week stay...I get it home last night and plug it in, and sure enough it's not performing as it should...So tiring!!!!...As you can imagine, I'm a little hesitant for any further updates trying to address this issue...
Unfortunately, with a software defined vehicle there's really no option other than to take the software updates and hope for the best. Charging issues may ultimately prove to have a hardware flaw as a component of the problem. But trying the software fixes is what is most likely to enable Lucid to get to the bottom of the hardware side of the problem, if there is one.
 
As disappointing as that may be to you, its' still way better than most home charging on 40A NEMA 14-50's
I really don't think about those who choose to charge their car with the same plug as an electric oven. It's not my situation! 😂 Seriously, how many of them may have this same issue and not know about it?

Before they replaced the main power box this last service visit, I was at charging rates below NEMA 14-50 with a well functioning 80A charger. Heck, it ran perfectly over the last two weeks charging their loaner Air. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm still having issues it's just back to the level it was before the last update. That's unacceptable!

Disappointment is on Lucid's end, as they don't seem to be able to get this figured out for those of us who are trying to use high speed L2 chargers on their vehicles. Leads me to believe maybe there's a larger problem with the battery packs which they're hiding and/or trying to figure out. Facts are, I don't accept disappointing products, especially highly expensive ones, and when they do not live up to their billing I make sure to get remedied one way or another. At this time, I'll keep pushing them forward to make the proper maintenance because I really enjoy driving this vehicle.
 
On 3.4.4 my live view is suddenly flawless. Loads fast, every time. Whether I’m on WiFi or not (my phone). Car is still off WiFi but will test with it on next.

Anyone else seeing this?
 
On 3.4.4 my live view is suddenly flawless. Loads fast, every time. Whether I’m on WiFi or not (my phone). Car is still off WiFi but will test with it on next.

Anyone else seeing this?
Mine is still the same as since it was first introduced, i.e. won't load with both on my home wifi but connects when I turn off the phone's wifi. Haven't messed with the car's wifi connection.
Also, I wasn't expecting a change based on the release notes, but as a data point, my fob is still very inconsistent with auto lock/unlock and button functionality. Really hoping this gets fixed on the next big release later this month. It was so nice up until the 3.4.x releases.
 
Maybe it’s just me, but I just plug in overnight and don’t even pay attention to the kW. I still wake up with a charged battery. I’m just using a gen 2 Tesla Wall connector on a 40 amp breaker. So charging at 32 amps, I get 32 miles per hour on the Gravity.
Yep. I know there's rare scenarios where someone really needs 80A charging, but for most it's overkill. And frankly, taking unnecessary risk. 80A is a LOT of power for a home scenario. Going through a flexible cable that will wear over time. Carrying peak power continuously for hours, where any weakness in the connection will gradually heat up.

I go the other way -- dial mine down to the lowest power that adequately covers my changing needs overnight. Right now that's 20A.

Plus a demand charge is part of my monthly bill, so I have an incentive to keep the peak power as low as I can get away with. Now, if I had TOU billing that only gave me something like a 6-hour window on the lowest rates, I'd set it accordingly to charge enough then.
 
On 3.4.4 my live view is suddenly flawless. Loads fast, every time. Whether I’m on WiFi or not (my phone). Car is still off WiFi but will test with it on next.

Anyone else seeing this?
This happened for me on 3.4.1 lol
 
Yep. I know there's rare scenarios where someone really needs 80A charging, but for most it's overkill. And frankly, taking unnecessary risk. 80A is a LOT of power for a home scenario. Going through a flexible cable that will wear over time. Carrying peak power continuously for hours, where any weakness in the connection will gradually heat up.

I go the other way -- dial mine down to the lowest power that adequately covers my changing needs overnight. Right now that's 20A.

Plus a demand charge is part of my monthly bill, so I have an incentive to keep the peak power as low as I can get away with. Now, if I had TOU billing that only gave me something like a 6-hour window on the lowest rates, I'd set it accordingly to charge enough then.
I’m also amazed that people would pay $1200 for the Lucid home charger. Having been a long time Tesla owner I thought $500 for the wall connector was expensive.
If I truly needed 80 amps of charging for an emergency top off, or I forgot to plug in overnight, I’m just going to a DC fast charger or Supercharger.
 
I’m also amazed that people would pay $1200 for the Lucid home charger. Having been a long time Tesla owner I thought $500 for the wall connector was expensive.
If I truly needed 80 amps of charging for an emergency top off, or I forgot to plug in overnight, I’m just going to a DC fast charger or Supercharger.
It’s not just a charger. It’s got other stuff in it for V2H
 
What other stuff makes it 3-4x the cost of other L2 chargers?
At the time it was released it was one of only 2-3 80A chargers. Now there are more options. But most 80A EVSEs are on the more expensive side.

Worth noting a lot of people also got a charging credit they used for it.
 
Worth noting a lot of people also got a charging credit they used for it.
I was assuming most people who purchased one did so with credits. That’s why I see so many for sale in the marketplace 🤣
 
I was assuming most people who purchased one did so with credits. That’s why I see so many for sale in the marketplace 🤣
I bought one, heh, but I was early and there weren’t any other good 80A EVSEs in early 2022.
 
I really don't think about those who choose to charge their car with the same plug as an electric oven. It's not my situation! 😂 Seriously, how many of them may have this same issue and not know about it?

Before they replaced the main power box this last service visit, I was at charging rates below NEMA 14-50 with a well functioning 80A charger. Heck, it ran perfectly over the last two weeks charging their loaner Air. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm still having issues it's just back to the level it was before the last update. That's unacceptable!

Disappointment is on Lucid's end, as they don't seem to be able to get this figured out for those of us who are trying to use high speed L2 chargers on their vehicles. Leads me to believe maybe there's a larger problem with the battery packs which they're hiding and/or trying to figure out. Facts are, I don't accept disappointing products, especially highly expensive ones, and when they do not live up to their billing I make sure to get remedied one way or another. At this time, I'll keep pushing them forward to make the proper maintenance because I really enjoy driving this vehicle.
Have you tried DC fast charging it to see if the problem is actually the connectors and charge port?
 
Back
Top