Lucid Gravity 3.4.0 software update

Okay, can you all stand another FOB issue? I just read 7 pages of "FOB" searches in this sw roll out but none of them exactly mirror mine. Some data:

- On 3.4.1
- Two Fobs, both on 02.35.08 firmware, further update attempts exhibit: "you're up to date" message
- One fob resides in a faraday bag, the other doesn't
- Both exhibit same behavior:
- No recognition on walk by (prior to 3.4.1, this was 100% reliable for both keys)
- Multiple pressings of unlock do nothing but, sometimes the rear hatch can be triggered
- Get in car only to receive "Key not recognized, shake fob" message.
- Shaking Fob dos absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

The only way I can drive the car is with the card key in the tray.

I've soft booted. I've hard booted. I've changed both batteries, on one, more than once. I've called the customer service folks multiple times and they always have a nice cheery, "yes I've heard of that, try this. . ." reply. Once was reboot and it seemed to recognize the fob on walk by, but that was a one time event. The damn car was so reliable before this.

So I read through the fob issues on this SW update thread, and I sense lots of unresolved problems.

My experience is the software update has made both of my fobs harder to recognize on my particular GGT. Sounds like some of you have figured out work-arounds. If there is something other than using the card key (and waiting for a new update), please let me know.

I would also like to know if many of you have submitted their experiences to the Lucid software problem report email. Happy to add another (frustrated) voice if helpful. thanks
I did email [email protected] about our key fob issues.

For the key fob that resides in a Faraday bag, do you take the fob out right before you approach the car? That's the only way it works for me. And often I have to dip the fob in the Faraday bag again after arriving at my destination to get the car to lock.
 
Okay, can you all stand another FOB issue? I just read 7 pages of "FOB" searches in this sw roll out but none of them exactly mirror mine. Some data:

- On 3.4.1
- Two Fobs, both on 02.35.08 firmware, further update attempts exhibit: "you're up to date" message
- One fob resides in a faraday bag, the other doesn't
- Both exhibit same behavior:
- No recognition on walk by (prior to 3.4.1, this was 100% reliable for both keys)
- Multiple pressings of unlock do nothing but, sometimes the rear hatch can be triggered
- Get in car only to receive "Key not recognized, shake fob" message.
- Shaking Fob dos absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

The only way I can drive the car is with the card key in the tray.

I've soft booted. I've hard booted. I've changed both batteries, on one, more than once. I've called the customer service folks multiple times and they always have a nice cheery, "yes I've heard of that, try this. . ." reply. Once was reboot and it seemed to recognize the fob on walk by, but that was a one time event. The damn car was so reliable before this.

So I read through the fob issues on this SW update thread, and I sense lots of unresolved problems.

My experience is the software update has made both of my fobs harder to recognize on my particular GGT. Sounds like some of you have figured out work-arounds. If there is something other than using the card key (and waiting for a new update), please let me know.

I would also like to know if many of you have submitted their experiences to the Lucid software problem report email. Happy to add another (frustrated) voice if helpful. thanks
Honestly this sounds like the fobs aren't "paired" to the car correctly anymore. I'd ask service to reconnect both to the car.
 
Hello everyone.

After a very frustrating experience even with the 3.4.1 version, Lucid returned my card a few days ago, and I tested it heavily. I don't know exactly how they fixed it, but the car is not showing any errors or false warnings. It only took my mental sanity and patience, but they fixed the car. Still, some glitches are here and there, but nothing crucial like collision warnings or sudden disengaging.

This is the state of the car as they should have delivered.
 
A common refrain it appears. I am having Same issues. 95% of time FOB is non functional!
 
My fob has been working pretty dependably since I replaced the battery about 3 weeks ago. When I pulled it out and measured it, it was only reading 2.7v. Put a new one in that measured 3.3v.

Today I went to my garage and the car wouldn't respond. Even tried the fob buttons. Nothing. Pulled the fob battery and measured it. 2.7v again (and yes, I updated the fob software a few weeks ago). Discarded that battery and put in another new one reading 3.3v, it's working fine again.

I'm just buying cheap batteries on Amazon in 10-packs, knowing they won't last as long, but clearly something is still going on to drain it that fast. I've already got an extra battery in the glovebox. Think I'm gonna throw in 2-3 more now.
 
I still get that frequently after 3.4.1, without any pattern to where it goes out (i.e. doesn't seem to be consistent dead zones). Looked like it was working better but the last few days it's right back to frequent drop-outs. Streaming stops, and I have to switch to FM like it's 1985. 😑

On top of that, even when I do have an internet signal, Spotify completely locks up as soon as an ad starts. Not every time, but probably every other. Can't even change playlists. Gotta switch to SXM or FM. Spotify usually stays frozen at the start of the ad for the duration of that drive, and sometime the next drive as well.

Getting consistent audio content in this car is like throwing darts at a dartboard.
Thank you for sharing. I've sent you a DM.
 
Yes, we use the SXM streaming channels as well as the the satellite channels in our Macan (and our Mach-E prior to that). They're interchangeable in the car's interface without having to jump through any hoops. And of course when internet service disconnects, we just change to one of the satellite channels. Easy peasy.

I know Lucid isn't gonna add an SXM antenna at this point. But I do hope they're working on a way to give us FAR more dependable internet. Whether that means a better cell receiver, or multiple cell receivers for multiple networks, or whatever. Because right now this is a subpar experience for many without an SXM antenna (or AM antenna for those that use that).
I have no idea how SiriusXM streaming is implemented. But it does seem like the sort of thing where the car could pre-read many minutes of audio, and cover up most cellular outages. Wouldn't help if you were driving for an hour somewhere without coverage, of course.
 
...

I would also like to know if many of you have submitted their experiences to the Lucid software problem report email. Happy to add another (frustrated) voice if helpful. thanks
Lucid has made it clear that they're prioritizing fixing things that lots of people are being troubled by. So regardless whether an issue seems well known here or not, I'd recommend reporting to the swfeedback email. Without multiple people reporting the problem, they might well decide to focus on fixing something else.
 
Was out of town quite a bit after receiving 3.4.1 and doing the corresponding fob update. Finally got to do some drives. First the most relevant differences for me:
  • The lag is gone on the steering wheel joker button. Hooray! Now I can toggle regen on and off reliably instead of hitting the button and then having to make a snap adjustment on accelerator and brake depending on whether it registered or not. This makes driving / attempting to hypermile much more fun on hilly Merritt parkway.
  • I have a lowly Touring with the smaller battery. Used to be that if I let it get low and go into battery saver mode, the fans would go nuts and it would take 5 min of fiddling with the climate controls to get them to calm down. Now I can go in and out of battery saver without the climate control going crazy. Big improvement.
Things I personally care less about:
  • fob works reliably with 0-3 seconds of lag. (I have auto lock / unlock disabled). Big improvement, and apologies to others who have seen things get worse with the update.
  • key cards work reliably for locking and unlocking at the B pillar. Big improvement. I am willing to leave home without my fob now.
  • Key cards usually don't register at the center console (same as before, maybe I have that (hardware?) problem everyone else had...)
  • "Sensors blocked" spam is gone. Big improvement.
  • If I boot the car and drive off immediately, there are new warnings that driver monitoring features are disabled. comes back in a couple of minutes. A regression, but I don't care much about this.
  • "Double press when seats are folded will move the front seats to make more room for the second row": couldn't get this work consistently. Sigh. At least the long press to fold is nice.
  • Ambient light settings seem to stick (improvement)
This is progress, my vehicle is now at the point where my wife can drive it and not scold me afterward. I hope Lucid keeps iterating. If I could have Android auto and use the build in navigation ONLY when I'm planning charging stops, I think I'd be a pretty happy camper.
 
Update: After doing nothing, fobs are both now working reliably: detect walk by, present handles, detect key to allow driving.

(Insert emojis: Cool, Unicorn, eye roll, horror, dead, crying, tears of joy.)
 
Not sure this is related to the 3.4.1 version but I just did 800 miles from Western NC to GA, up to SC and back. This car is amazing for road trips.

The only glitchiness I had was on the navigation, 2 things:
1-About 10 times during my trip, the DDPro changed from 70 mph down to 25 mph, very suddenly decelerating. I believe it was reading the speed limits of an overpass...
2-I rarely use the voice during nav, but on trips I do (since my mind drifts when the car is driving itself lol). Well, several times the voice prompted an exit when I was just approaching it...a few times 3 lanes over. So yeah, they need to adjust it to say "move over to right lane" or have it tell you earlier.

Those are small, though. Amazing vehicle and this update has nailed any issues I had.
 
It’s like that ex that keeps coming back….gotta love it. The car doesn’t want me to forget how difficult things used to be..
I’ve gotten this every day this week. Car was flawless for only one week after 3.4.1. Now, 50/50 chance it Auto Unlock’s or Lock upon exiting. I’ve noticed that if the car doesn’t Auto Unlock, and I have to click the key fob (a dozen times mind you) to unlock, the car won’t go into drive. I have to sit there for five minutes shaking the key. Only if the car Auto Unlock’s can I get right in and drive. Key fob is up to date, replaced the battery again this week, still issues persist. Have rebooted every day. Anyway, happy Friday.
+1, I have had this error show up a few times since the new update. And the doors do not consistently unlock, I need to manually tap the front handles to wake it up. I did replace the fob battery and have latest firmware too. It's too early to declare the fob and entry "solved", at least for my car too.
 
+1, I have had this error show up a few times since the new update. And the doors do not consistently unlock, I need to manually tap the front handles to wake it up. I did replace the fob battery and have latest firmware too. It's too early to declare the fob and entry "solved", at least for my car too.
I haven’t had many problems with my fobs, but I just got my car back from service and they replaced both fobs under warranty. They said that the date code of the fob I left with them was from a batch that was being recalled. They asked I bring in my second fob (which I had just purchased a month ago) to swap out.

They updated the software on the new fobs and changed the batteries.
 
Not sure this is related to the 3.4.1 version but I just did 800 miles from Western NC to GA, up to SC and back. This car is amazing for road trips.

The only glitchiness I had was on the navigation, 2 things:
1-About 10 times during my trip, the DDPro changed from 70 mph down to 25 mph, very suddenly decelerating. I believe it was reading the speed limits of an overpass...
2-I rarely use the voice during nav, but on trips I do (since my mind drifts when the car is driving itself lol). Well, several times the voice prompted an exit when I was just approaching it...a few times 3 lanes over. So yeah, they need to adjust it to say "move over to right lane" or have it tell you earlier.

Those are small, though. Amazing vehicle and this update has nailed any issues I had.
For item #1, go into the DreamDrive/Cruising Speed settings and turn off Auto Adjust to Speed Limit. Exact name of setting may not be accurate, but you'll see the toggle button in the Cruising Speed section.
 
  • Key cards usually don't register at the center console (same as before, maybe I have that (hardware?) problem everyone else had...)
I had the Lucid Service van out last week. My problem with the center console not reading the key card had been cleared up by the 3.4.1 update, so we scratched it off my list. The tech said that on some earlier builds they had a problem at the factory where the wire to the NFC pad was knocked loose while they were installing the cup holders. He can insert a scope through the cup holder to see if your wire is loose. If it is, the whole console has to come apart to fix it. FYI
 
For item #1, go into the DreamDrive/Cruising Speed settings and turn off Auto Adjust to Speed Limit. Exact name of setting may not be accurate, but you'll see the toggle button in the Cruising Speed section.
I don't want to turn that off. When it works, I LOVE that it auto-adjusts. It's fine 99% of time...
 
I don't want to turn that off. When it works, I LOVE that it auto-adjusts. It's fine 99% of time...
OK.
You're aware of the sudden deceleration.

My hope is that Lucid will refine the sighting of the cameras to more accurately detect changes in the speed limit for the road the car is riding on.
It's almost like the camera angle is too wide, but there are instances when that wide angle is needed.
Until an improvement is made, I'm fine with just receiving an alert message that the speed limit has changed and having the option to accept or ignore.
 
OK.
You're aware of the sudden deceleration.

My hope is that Lucid will refine the sighting of the cameras to more accurately detect changes in the speed limit for the road the car is riding on.
It's almost like the camera angle is too wide, but there are instances when that wide angle is needed.
Until an improvement is made, I'm fine with just receiving an alert message that the speed limit has changed and having the option to accept or ignore.
I ended up turning auto adjusting for speed limit sign off too. Too many instances of sudden deceleration. Reading signs on off-ramps (even though car staying on the highway), sometimes totally random speeds get put in. Just finished a 1000 mile roadtrip and at one point it read speed limit to be 95 mph and started accelerating haha. That was fun but most of the time it starts slowing down all too frequently.
 
Back
Top