Lucid Gravity 3.4.0 software update

glad to hear I am not the only one. I never had any key fob issues ever, I got the car with 3.3.5.

Since 3.4.1 and also the patch before, but 3.4.1 noticable worse, the car takes forever to unlock and lock. Pressing buttons on the key don't do anything for like 5-10seconds standing next to the car. Today it said key not detected in the car, but it still went into Drive ... so not sure what that was about.

I have two fobs with the Dream Edition. Both keys behave exactly the same and they have both the latest firmware. I did NOT put new batteries in, which I will do as a nextstep. But I can't imagine this changing anything, I got the 2nd key recently from Lucid.

Everything else is absolutely solid on 3.4.1, pisses me off that I never had any issues and now I do.
Changing the battery didn't help me. I just keep my key fob in a Faraday pouch now and only take it out before approaching the car. Can't wait for them to fix this bug
 
Changing the battery didn't help me. I just keep my key fob in a Faraday pouch now and only take it out before approaching the car. Can't wait for them to fix this bug
For those having an issue with the key fob, why not just use the key card? Since Lucid is too cheap to give two key fobs I’ve been using the key card.
I tap to unlock and then put the card back into my wallet and drive off. When I get to my destination I lock with the app and walk away.
It’s not always ideal to take the card out and tap to unlock. It doesn’t seem any worse than needing to change the batteries every few days or putting the fob in a faraday bag every time you get home. It’s still a step back from my Tesla, but it’s been solid so far.
 
For those having an issue with the key fob, why not just use the key card? Since Lucid is too cheap to give two key fobs I’ve been using the key card.
I tap to unlock and then put the card back into my wallet and drive off. When I get to my destination I lock with the app and walk away.
It’s not always ideal to take the card out and tap to unlock. It doesn’t seem any worse than needing to change the batteries every few days or putting the fob in a faraday bag every time you get home. It’s still a step back from my Tesla, but it’s been solid so far.
Just curious why you lock with app instead of tapping with card again?
 
I assume it's that spot in the headliner bar above/behind the front row seats that has the 3 slits in it, kinda shaped like a nuclear symbol.
Correct. There is a mic in there which I saw at one point when a mobile service tech took it out for testing. That was before they realized poor call quality was a global issue. There apparently is another mic in the rear view mirror housing as well.
 
Just curious why you lock with app instead of tapping with card again?
Cause I get my kid out of his car seat on the rear passenger side. It’s easier to lock with the app than walk back around to the driver side with him.
 
Sometimes it seems that I'm the only one who drives/parks in areas with poor/no cellular coverage.
It’s not just you, Lucid chose the absolute worst cellular company (AT&T) it’s not just you. I drive in and out of cell reception constantly. I get 1 bar in my garage with the Gravity, 4 bars on my Tesla parked right next to it and 4 bars on my phone with T-Mobile.
 
Sometimes it seems that I'm the only one who drives/parks in areas with poor/no cellular coverage.
The garage in our condo building also has poor coverage. There would be WiFi but since the Gravity does not connect to unencrypted WiFi (limitation of Android Automotive, I read), I have to use an old phone in the console as WiFi-to-WiFi bridge, relaying the open WiFi of the garage as WPA3-protected WiFi hotspot to the Gravity
🤦‍♂️
 
It’s not just you, Lucid chose the absolute worst cellular company (AT&T) it’s not just you. I drive in and out of cell reception constantly. I get 1 bar in my garage with the Gravity, 4 bars on my Tesla parked right next to it and 4 bars on my phone with T-Mobile.
Tesla also uses AT&T.
 
Hmmm.. Verizon seems to be the only reliable cellular here in Santa Cruz; AT&T works fine on the Silicon Valley side of the mountains.
Wondering now how Gravity will do here??
 
It’s not just you, Lucid chose the absolute worst cellular company (AT&T) it’s not just you. I drive in and out of cell reception constantly. I get 1 bar in my garage with the Gravity, 4 bars on my Tesla parked right next to it and 4 bars on my phone with T-Mobile.
That's pretty much me too. "Network Unavailable" (and thus silence from the audio system) is a routine annoyance. And no SXM antenna like most cars have to get consistent audio anywhere in the country.
 
had an odd glitch yesterday where the main screen wasn't responding to my touch (wanted to change the suspension)
reboot fixed it when I got home
 
That's pretty much me too. "Network Unavailable" (and thus silence from the audio system) is a routine annoyance. And no SXM antenna like most cars have to get consistent audio anywhere in the country.
If one does a quick query on SiriusXM types on your favorite AI research tool, there are 3 different kinds of reception. Traditional satellite, Hybrid 360L and cellular only. Didn't know about hybrid - but appears cellular is the way of the future. I hope they make more of a buffer, so I could drive through a tunnel and not lose my music source.

I guess not all change is good, however everything will change, so I'll let it go....
 
I'm not sure how to determine that. When I go to the Software Update screen in the app, then choose KEY FOB, it gives me the Upgrade/Get Started screen, with no versions displayed. Am I missing something?
The only way to find the current version (my experience - android user) was to go to the google play store and pull up the app - it will indicate that the app is installed w/ the version #. I'll also throw out this - live view loading process continiues to time out w/ no success (ever in my 6 weeks ownership) of loading! Has this been fixed for others?
 
The only way to find the current version (my experience - android user) was to go to the google play store and pull up the app - it will indicate that the app is installed w/ the version #. I'll also throw out this - live view loading process continiues to time out w/ no success (ever in my 6 weeks ownership) of loading! Has this been fixed for others?
They are talking about the version of the software that is loaded on the key fob, not the Lucid app version. The only way currently to display the key fob version is to attempt a software update on the key fob.
 
ahh yes - I stand corrected. And i was also wrong in how to get the actual app info (although that is a process as well). Simply get app info on the settings-app on your phone
 
If one does a quick query on SiriusXM types on your favorite AI research tool, there are 3 different kinds of reception. Traditional satellite, Hybrid 360L and cellular only. Didn't know about hybrid - but appears cellular is the way of the future. I hope they make more of a buffer, so I could drive through a tunnel and not lose my music source.

I guess not all change is good, however everything will change, so I'll let it go....
Change is inevitable

1771263509158.webp
 
If one does a quick query on SiriusXM types on your favorite AI research tool, there are 3 different kinds of reception. Traditional satellite, Hybrid 360L and cellular only. Didn't know about hybrid - but appears cellular is the way of the future. I hope they make more of a buffer, so I could drive through a tunnel and not lose my music source.

I guess not all change is good, however everything will change, so I'll let it go....
Yes, we use the SXM streaming channels as well as the the satellite channels in our Macan (and our Mach-E prior to that). They're interchangeable in the car's interface without having to jump through any hoops. And of course when internet service disconnects, we just change to one of the satellite channels. Easy peasy.

I know Lucid isn't gonna add an SXM antenna at this point. But I do hope they're working on a way to give us FAR more dependable internet. Whether that means a better cell receiver, or multiple cell receivers for multiple networks, or whatever. Because right now this is a subpar experience for many without an SXM antenna (or AM antenna for those that use that).
 
Okay, can you all stand another FOB issue? I just read 7 pages of "FOB" searches in this sw roll out but none of them exactly mirror mine. Some data:

- On 3.4.1
- Two Fobs, both on 02.35.08 firmware, further update attempts exhibit: "you're up to date" message
- One fob resides in a faraday bag, the other doesn't
- Both exhibit same behavior:
- No recognition on walk by (prior to 3.4.1, this was 100% reliable for both keys)
- Multiple pressings of unlock do nothing but, sometimes the rear hatch can be triggered
- Get in car only to receive "Key not recognized, shake fob" message.
- Shaking Fob dos absolutely nothing, zero, zilch, nada.

The only way I can drive the car is with the card key in the tray.

I've soft booted. I've hard booted. I've changed both batteries, on one, more than once. I've called the customer service folks multiple times and they always have a nice cheery, "yes I've heard of that, try this. . ." reply. Once was reboot and it seemed to recognize the fob on walk by, but that was a one time event. The damn car was so reliable before this.

So I read through the fob issues on this SW update thread, and I sense lots of unresolved problems.

My experience is the software update has made both of my fobs harder to recognize on my particular GGT. Sounds like some of you have figured out work-arounds. If there is something other than using the card key (and waiting for a new update), please let me know.

I would also like to know if many of you have submitted their experiences to the Lucid software problem report email. Happy to add another (frustrated) voice if helpful. thanks
 
Back
Top