Lucid feature trials added back (SSP)...

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?
I was scrolling through the inventory page and saw this car:

It has "Surreal sound pro ready," which is a 30 day free trial and can be upgraded through the owner's portal at any time. It can also be added as an upfront charge. For record-keeping, here it is in plain text:
Features Included

• DreamDrive Premium
  • Surreal Sound Pro Ready (30 Day Trial Included)*
  • 14-Way Power Heated Front Seats with Ventilation
  • Comfort and Convenience Package
  • Plug and Charge
  • Lucid User Experience with Navigation
  • *Vehicle includes a 30 Day Surreal Sound Pro trial. After trial ends, upgrade can be purchased any time through the Lucid Owner Portal.
    Learn more about features
I thought we were past this already. I seriously hope this isn't too costly for Lucid as including hardware upfront tends to be... but anyways, I trust them to make the right decision.

I was scrolling through the inventory page and saw this car:

It has "Surreal sound pro ready," which is a 30 day free trial and can be upgraded through the owner's portal at any time. It can also be added as an upfront charge. For record-keeping, here it is in plain text:
Features Included

• DreamDrive Premium
  • Surreal Sound Pro Ready (30 Day Trial Included)*
  • 14-Way Power Heated Front Seats with Ventilation
  • Comfort and Convenience Package
  • Plug and Charge
  • Lucid User Experience with Navigation
  • *Vehicle includes a 30 Day Surreal Sound Pro trial. After trial ends, upgrade can be purchased any time through the Lucid Owner Portal.
    Learn more about features
I thought we were past this already. I seriously hope this isn't too costly for Lucid as including hardware upfront tends to be... but anyways, I trust them to make the right decision.
What do you exactly mean when you say "we were past this"? It is up to lucid to decide how to equip their cars as they see fit.

Reactions: DBV
What do you exactly mean when you say "we were past this"? It is up to lucid to decide how to equip their cars as they see fit.
It is up to them. But personally, even though I understand why they did the trial periods of SSP and DDP, I think it was not one of their best decisions. It just leads to happier customers to sell cars with or without features. If you bought them, you like them. If you didn't, you didn't miss the experience of having them. All I remember is endless complaints on this forum and elsewhere when the 90 days came up and people had to pay extra to keep the features or lose them.

Ah, I should clarify. By this, I meant that I thought since Lucid already tried this and subsequently removed it), I would have assumed they thought it was either too expensive, or they thought the customers didn't like it (basically, I thought there was a reason they removed it). Obviously it is their decision (as I mentioned at the end there), and I'm not implying anything otherwise, but I'm just curious as to why they did it, removed it, and then did it again. Perhaps the manufacturing being simplified saves enough money... but I really don't know.

Back