Lucid Emergency Tire Service Kit

Cuestix

Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Jul 29, 2024
Messages
62
Reaction score
35
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
PHFKP51Q
It appears that the tire real air kit that was in the Lucid store is no longer offered. Anyone know if this is temporary or permanent? I was hoping to get a spare cylinder and was considering a second kit for one of our other vehicles.
I’m hoping it’s just out of stock and they removed it from the shop to pause inquiries. If anyone has good experience with other brands, I’d be happy for recommendations.
 
Someone recommended this yesterday and I just ordered it. It seems to be the same general idea as the lucid branded one:

 
It appears that the tire real air kit that was in the Lucid store is no longer offered. Anyone know if this is temporary or permanent? I was hoping to get a spare cylinder and was considering a second kit for one of our other vehicles.
I’m hoping it’s just out of stock and they removed it from the shop to pause inquiries. If anyone has good experience with other brands, I’d be happy for recommendations.
I'll bet it's just out of stock. Tire repair kits from other companies will also work, but most don't have a long-enough cord. Some people buy 12V extension cords.
 
The problem is…none of them work. I have a couple of them. We had a flat and tried to use the tire service kit. It would blow air, however, it would not power up when asked to blow air and the slime like substance that is supposed to seal your leak. We tried a 2nd one. No luck. We had a spare canister, also no luck. We took it to the Scottsdale service center. I should add, there are wonderful people working at this location. They had the kit for a month and were unable to get our kit, or any other kit to work. We brought this topic up at a Lucid Owners gathering. The Lucid Reps said they would look into it. This was last February/March? As of today, Lucid Service tells us none of the kits will work. I asked for the Lucid Service Center to reimburse me for the cost of the kits and the spare canister. I bought all of these items at this very service center. The Service Center could not look up what I paid for the items as they are no longer on their system. I have not yet received a refund. If you are going to use another manufacturer (Slime is the one of the well known examples), be aware you will need to get an extension to the power cord. Most of them will not reach the front tires because they have power cords built for a plug in in the middle (dash) area of the car.
 
Certain states (like MD) require the manufacturer to provide a tie inflation and repair kit if there’s no spare. I forgot that at delivery, but will ask when I pick up my Gravity from service. I wonder if they’re avoiding the obligation because the car is sold from VA…

Regardless, Tesla always provided for free in MD and it did work…

That’s the one thing I miss about my R1S.
 
The problem is…none of them work. I have a couple of them. We had a flat and tried to use the tire service kit. It would blow air, however, it would not power up when asked to blow air and the slime like substance that is supposed to seal your leak. We tried a 2nd one. No luck. We had a spare canister, also no luck. We took it to the Scottsdale service center. I should add, there are wonderful people working at this location. They had the kit for a month and were unable to get our kit, or any other kit to work. We brought this topic up at a Lucid Owners gathering. The Lucid Reps said they would look into it. This was last February/March? As of today, Lucid Service tells us none of the kits will work. I asked for the Lucid Service Center to reimburse me for the cost of the kits and the spare canister. I bought all of these items at this very service center. The Service Center could not look up what I paid for the items as they are no longer on their system. I have not yet received a refund. If you are going to use another manufacturer (Slime is the one of the well known examples), be aware you will need to get an extension to the power cord. Most of them will not reach the front tires because they have power cords built for a plug in in the middle (dash) area of the car.
I appreciate your sharing this experience because I've (thankfully) never needed to use a quick fix canister sealant, though I have done my own plug and repair on tires. I wouldn't expect a goop in a can kit so solve every tire puncture issue, but the idea that it might get me home feels worth the cost for a chance that it works. The few times I've needed a tire repair it was for a relatively small nail in the tread and I was close home when discovering the leak. I could carry along a standard repair kit with the portable power-inflator that I keep in the sub-trunk, but was looking for quick and easy field repair to last the few miles back home or to a reputable tire shop. I have less confidence in a patch for an EV tire than I would for lower pressure conditions and would almost certainly replace a punctured tire on the Lucid.
 
Back
Top