Lucid downgraded by Morgan Stanley Analyst

Analysts are like ***holes. Everyone has at least one… and they all stink.
 
Rivian was downgraded too. Tesla was downgraded from a buy to a hold because he thinks ā€œAI will save Tesla,ā€ which is a bit of a joke (I’m paraphrasing).

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
 
Rivian was downgraded too. Tesla was downgraded from a buy to a hold because he thinks ā€œAI will save Tesla,ā€ which is a bit of a joke (I’m paraphrasing).

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Lols šŸ˜‚ it’s downgrade season. Harvest time for the moneylenders Mr. Scrooge would say.
 
I ignore analysts and usually do the opposite of what they suggest. But their spew does have a short-term impact on the stocks they cover. Here is Andrew Percoco, Morgan Stanley's new Automotive Analyst, who just downgraded Lucid and Rivian... No joke. Good grief.
 
I ignore analysts and usually do the opposite of what they suggest. But their spew does have a short-term impact on the stocks they cover. Here is Andrew Percoco, Morgan Stanley's new Automotive Analyst, who just downgraded Lucid and Rivian... No joke. Good grief.
Looks like a thumb. I can’t trust his advice. Not to degenerate into ad hominem attacks.
 
This is unfortunate news. I had hoped for a correction in the upward direction. Ugh.


😩 These big banks are loosing their minds, or trying to get the shares for a steal. IMO.
I painfully agree with Morgan Stanley on this. I want the stock to do well; but seriously there's nothing helping Lucid right now. Nothing will help Lucid until it delivers better than expected number for Q4/year overall and cutomers'/reviewers' sentiment about the vehicles switch to a net positive (albeit most annoying software issues fixed). This is, however, a personal opinion.
 
I painfully agree with Morgan Stanley on this. I want the stock to do well; but seriously there's nothing helping Lucid right now. Nothing will help Lucid until it delivers better than expected number for Q4/year overall and cutomers'/reviewers' sentiment about the vehicles switch to a net positive (albeit most annoying software issues fixed). This is, however, a personal opinion.
The reviews of the Lucid Air and Gravity are most certainly "net positive". Please take a look at the rankings from C&D, MotorTrend, Doug Muro, and others. "Better than expected..." means better than expected by bone-headed ANALYSTS. That's the point. Lucid has continued to show steady QoQ and YoY growth. I have 58,000 miles on my 2022 Lucid Air GT, and it has not had any mechanical problems, which is incredible for the first full model year of a new automaker's first model. Air v2.8.16 is stable, and I only occasionally have issues software-wise at this point.

In 2026, Lucid will have mid-size models in production and Gravity robotaxis on the streets of San Francisco, serving paying Uber customers. I would not be surprised if the "piano man" at Morgan Stanley is unaware. I remain long-term bullish on Lucid.
 
LCID seems to go up or down 7-10% daily, but its only a dollar change in value. Doesn't stop the headlines from going all chicken little tho.
 
Looks like a thumb. I can’t trust his advice. Not to degenerate into ad hominem attacks.
Please don’t do this. He’s a guy, plays piano pretty well, and none of that has anything to do with what he said.
 
Let him play piano. I find most analysts, including him, to be useless.
That’s fine. I’m not defending his opinions lol; I just want to stay away from and avoid that kind of ad hominem attack here.

I’d like to think we’re better than that.
 
Let's not make this a personal attack on people. An analyst calling a Sell for a company losing billions in a shrinking market impacted by the loss of government incentives is just doing his/her job IMO.

[Disclaimer: I'm still taking delivery of mine, so these news do not impact my decision]
 
The reviews of the Lucid Air and Gravity are most certainly "net positive". Please take a look at the rankings from C&D, MotorTrend, Doug Muro, and others. "Better than expected..." means better than expected by bone-headed ANALYSTS. That's the point. Lucid has continued to show steady QoQ and YoY growth. I have 58,000 miles on my 2022 Lucid Air GT, and it has not had any mechanical problems, which is incredible for the first full model year of a new automaker's first model. Air v2.8.16 is stable, and I only occasionally have issues software-wise at this point.

In 2026, Lucid will have mid-size models in production and Gravity robotaxis on the streets of San Francisco, serving paying Uber customers. I would not be surprised if the "piano man" at Morgan Stanley is unaware. I remain long-term bullish on Lucid.
If you think so.
 
Rivian was downgraded too. Tesla was downgraded from a buy to a hold because he thinks ā€œAI will save Tesla,ā€ which is a bit of a joke (I’m paraphrasing).

šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
TSLA near all time high stock price last week.
 
This is unfortunate news. I had hoped for a correction in the upward direction. Ugh.


😩 These big banks are loosing their minds, or trying to get the shares for a steal. IMO.
Never trust anything they say, if they were right all the time, they would be billionaires and not analysts. They just react , they can’t predict. They had a $30 target, where is it now? I just ignore them.
 
Let's not make this a personal attack on people. An analyst calling a Sell for a company losing billions in a shrinking market impacted by the loss of government incentives is just doing his/her job IMO.

[Disclaimer: I'm still taking delivery of mine, so these news do not impact my decision]
Sorry , when you have + 400 price target on TSLA with declining sales and no concrete evidence they will increase earnings substantially , you deserve to be admonished! Just a bunch of Wall Street crooks. I ignore anything they say.
 
I ignore analysts and usually do the opposite of what they suggest. But their spew does have a short-term impact on the stocks they cover. Here is Andrew Percoco, Morgan Stanley's new Automotive Analyst, who just downgraded Lucid and Rivian... No joke. Good grief.
The stock analyst remind me of the guys who tout sports betting/locks back in the day

 
Back
Top