Lucid Convertible!! Take my money đź’°đź’°

lucidtouringman

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring

According to the article, it seems like there is a convertible in play for Lucid. If this happens I will buy a bigger house just so I can have extra garage space so that I can keep my second Lucid in there!

Great idea...can't wait to see it ..!

The convertible's rendering made its rounds on LinkedIn (attached screenshot) a month back or so. Lucid employees confirmed that this was effectively "fan art".

But i wholly agree with you...if Lucid decides to make this, I will absolutely get it! Too bad, this is one of the slowest selling market segments so it is highly unlikely to be anywhere near the top of the list of Lucid priorities :(

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 11.53.04 AM Large.webp
    Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 11.53.04 AM Large.webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 152
I get AM Vantage side profile vibes with a P Spyder trunk.

I would love to see Lucid take on the next gen Cayman with their 3rd mid-size release. The Air already competes with the Taycan, lets go for the Cayman next especially since its stepping into the EV arena.

AI or not I love the look....

The convertible's rendering made its rounds on LinkedIn (attached screenshot) a month back or so. Lucid employees confirmed that this was effectively "fan art".

But i wholly agree with you...if Lucid decides to make this, I will absolutely get it! Too bad, this is one of the slowest selling market segments so it is highly unlikely to be anywhere near the top of the list of Lucid priorities :(
The article doesn't call it out as a rendering...but more than the looks of it right now, which will be in flux, I was excited at the prospect of them considering doing a convertible...so it was more about their vision for what they wish to do moving forward...convertible, luxury and Lucid all seem to fit well together!

The article doesn't call it out as a rendering...but more than the looks of it right now, which will be in flux, I was excited at the prospect of them considering doing a convertible...so it was more about their vision for what they wish to do moving forward...convertible, luxury and Lucid all seem to fit well together!
The entire article says it’s CGI, but it’s still fun to dream…..

“Alas, a recent whisper that Lucid is even preparing a third model based on the smaller mid-size series has gotten the parallel universes of vehicular CGI all worked up to ask the imaginative realm of digital car content creators for an unofficial, hypothetical third model as a design project.

For example, Vince Burlapp (aka vburlapp on social media or burlappcar.com) is a prolific virtual artist who loves to dream of all the latest models across the wide-ranging automotive realm, and he recently decided to cover the mid-size Lucid case. The pixel master has imagined a four-door sedan and mid-size crossover SUV that don't stray too much from the current Lucid design formula. The sedan, at least, has a cool treatment for the rear light clusters that remind us of big sedans from the 1990s.

Anyway, the CGI expert also decided to try his luck with the third body style, and although sports cars haven't fared too well as of late, he selected the idea of a Lucid convertible – perhaps because it's still summer and during these final days of heat and sunshine we're starting to grow weary of the upcoming rainy autumn and dreadful winter.”

Back