Lucid: Auto Wipers shouldn't activate when you open the door

rfc805

Reaction score
Referral Code
I6UNAIIF
So an unpleasant thing which has happened twice now in the wet cold weather we've been having. I have turned on the climate remotely before I go out to the car. As it's been cold and rainy, there is water/frost on the windshield.

As soon as I pull the door handle, the auto wipers trigger, and fling water at me standing there opening the door.

It'd be nice if the waited until I got in the car and closed the door.

A side note: The rear defroster is quite slow compared to every other car I've had. So not having the option to turn the defroster on automatically along with the heated wheel/seats with the climate is unfortunate. I am usually arriving at my destination before it's getting hot enough to do anything meaningful.

I'm not sure if there's a problem with your wipers. Mine do not turn move when I open the door. They only activate when I close the driver's door.

And I'm also not sure about the issue with your defrost. I live in Buffalo and park outside and didn't have much of a concern last winter. I'm not trying to be rude, but in my app I turn on the defrost and not the climate itself. Is that an option in your app? From what I understand, that only turns on the front windshield defrost and the mirrors, not the rear defrost. But the heat inside the car usually does enough to get me out of the driveway.

Yeah - it doesn't *seem* to turn on the rear defrost, I assumed from the behavior it was turning on the front defrost. I see other threads about weak rear defrosters, so assumed it wasn't just me.

The wiper thing only happens if I pre-heat the car, or maybe it's just because there's a delay on wake up if I don't do that first? If I don't pre-heat it with the app, they don't seem to activate. It has two days in a row now though.

The wipers should not operate when the door is open.

Having said that, I keep my wipers in the "off" position anyway. Just because I often forget to turn them off when washing the car, and they will activate while trying to dry the windshield, which drives me nuts. Also, it's super easy to to flick them back on when it rains.

Honestly, 90% of the "automatic" stuff in modern cars is more trouble than its worth.

Mea culpa on the defrost part: I tested it this morning, and it definitely does turn on the rear. The rear is just slow so it seemed like it wasn't, where the front was already fully hot.

Wiper thing definitely happens though.

Maybe your car is trying to tell you something...🤣

The picture you paint of your wipers flinging icy water at you had me laughing. I'm sure it's less funny at the receiving end.

Yeah, funny enough, Lucid is also not the first manufacturer in recent times to do this.

"To avoid splashing passengers when entering or exiting the vehicle, now the front wipers temporarily pause while the vehicle is in Park and either front door is open. Wipers resume when the doors are closed."

Back