Lucid app update v1.49.0

I like the update. Need the correct wheels to show properly, at least the 20’s aren’t showing, instead shows 21” aero blades
Sweet! ... its got the correct wheels ;) ...

IMG_4807.PNG

Not if the API is returning the correct values. I was just wondering if the API had the wrong info for your car.

But you should report it to customer care either way, so they can log and track the bug.
Ok, thanks. Doubt it’s a “bug”. They probably have limited 3D models of the vehicles and chose to represent just color over any addl build options. Tesla does this too and even they don’t have 3D in the app GUI. My Model X Performance is not shown with correct wheels and with chrome trim which they have not used in years.

Nonetheless, I will report it and see what happens.

Still having issues with the Apple Watch app. Sometime it shows the State of Charge, but often it shows an exclamation point with arrows around it. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Ok, thanks. Doubt it’s a “bug”. They probably have limited 3D models of the vehicles and chose to represent just color over any addl build options. Tesla does this too and even they don’t have 3D in the app GUI. My Model X Performance is not shown with correct wheels and with chrome trim which they have not used in years.

Nonetheless, I will report it and see what happens.
All of the models and wheels are in the app. It’s a bug.

All of the models and wheels are in the app. It’s a bug.

As an incremental improvement (and something I implemented previously), would be great if they could let users selectively apply some material colors on different areas for personalization. I believe Tesla added that capability in car a while back. Depending on how they sliced up the model materials, that could be an easy addition given the right backend and visual support in whatever reads said API.

As an incremental improvement (and something I implemented previously), would be great if they could let users selectively apply some material colors on different areas for personalization. I believe Tesla added that capability in car a while back. Depending on how they sliced up the model materials, that could be an easy addition given the right backend and visual support in whatever reads said API.
Maybe this is a silly question, but why would you want to use a functional app as a video game and apply colors? Nobody else is going to see it and it does not improve anything about the car. Sounds like a waste of coding hours when there are any other things that would improve the vehicle itself functionally. Even the little three-dimensional car in there now is a silly gimmick to me.

Maybe this is a silly question, but why would you want to use a functional app as a video game and apply colors? Nobody else is going to see it and it does not improve anything about the car. Sounds like a waste of coding hours when there are any other things that would improve the vehicle itself functionally. Even the little three-dimensional car in there now is a silly gimmick to me.
I don’t get the 3D image of the car in the app. Looks cool and spins around, but completely useless. What’s the point? Give me live view from the cameras on the app.

How is Phone as Key working for people ?
Loading the app broke my mobile key but deleting it and recreating the mobile key it is working very well with the car now. No delay, door handles present as soon as I get near the car.

Yeah, this is a valid take (one I initially had myself). This ties into the entire concept of "personalization" and "gamification" which builds on customer loyalty. Tesla sort of proved this out and other car manufactures have definitely run user testings on this. You'd be surprised, but the 2 most in-demand things for OEM applications from user studies and EAP feedback groups are the following:

- I want the color of my car to match my real car on my phone
- I want the wheels of my car to match my real car on my phone

This isn't an exaggeration and threw me through a loop, especially when these responses superseded having PaaK be more responsive. After a few mods myself, I sort of get it now.

Even the little three-dimensional car in there now is a silly gimmick to me.

You can thank Tesla for this in its entirety -- also this is why you didn't see this in the FordPass 5 application. I have opinions about 3D models and utility (you should make it interactive rather just purely reflect telemetry states).

I will say that the customer base wants it regardless of utility. Having a starting point towards what Tesla has is really just that.

How is Phone as Key working for people ?
It's notice-ably faster for me. I have a slight feeling part of this is due to the performance of Flutter apps on a cold start vs a native app. It's mind boggling how much of a change that made.

Yeah, this is a valid take (one I initially had myself). This ties into the entire concept of "personalization" and "gamification" which builds on customer loyalty. Tesla sort of proved this out and other car manufactures have definitely run user testings on this. You'd be surprised, but the 2 most in-demand things for OEM applications from user studies and EAP feedback groups are the following:

- I want the color of my car to match my real car on my phone
- I want the wheels of my car to match my real car on my phone

This isn't an exaggeration and threw me through a loop, especially when these responses superseded having PaaK be more responsive. After a few mods myself, I sort of get it now.

You can thank Tesla for this in its entirety -- also this is why you didn't see this in the FordPass 5 application. I have opinions about 3D models and utility (you should make it interactive rather just purely reflect telemetry states).

I will say that the customer base wants it regardless of utility. Having a starting point towards what Tesla has is really just that.
Do you know the average age of people requesting these things? As an old guy I couldn't care less about having a representation of the car in the app. I'd much rather have functionality.

Do you know the average age of people requesting these things? As an old guy I couldn't care less about having a representation of the car in the app. I'd much rather have functionality.

I don't have the surveys on hand so unfortunately not (I can't recall). I do know that this was something thrown in my face multiple times via the design and product teams 😅

I got lost at "gamification" TBH ... "OK, boomer."
It’s totally a gimmick but there is a technical gain and future potential unlocked.

3D models are far more customizable and flexible then a giant repository of 2D images. They also unlock future opportunities for visual flair and interactions. This comes across as bare bones because it’s a phase 1 thing — get it out there.

Having future interactions and states is phase 2. IMO they shouldn’t have left the SceneKit rotation ability in and made it look like the 2D image. That would have been far less “gimmicky”.

Having car interaction points in the 3D plain breaks so many ADA things but is a direction to take too

No .49 app update for android yet.

Midsize widget is not working. I got to black unresponsive rectangle 😏

Midsize widget is not working. I got to black unresponsive rectangle 😏

Did you delete any old widgets, and then add the widget after the app update ?

Last edited:
Back