Lucid app update v1.49.0

I've got a problem with the new app. I'm on an iPhone 13 mini, and it looks like they have assumed that all iPhone 13's are full sized. The edges of the U/I are all cut off. I can see much of it, but the button for the key is completely off screen. I've tried force-quitting and restarting the app, and rebooting the phone too, but no change.
View attachment 20179
Oooooof, that definitely seems like a bug. Please report that to [email protected] ASAP.

(Also, props to you for surviving with a Mini. I tried, for a long long time; I eventually gave in to the Pro and now can't go back, but refuse to buy a Max 🤣)

I've got a problem with the new app. I'm on an iPhone 13 mini, and it looks like they have assumed that all iPhone 13's are full sized. The edges of the U/I are all cut off. I can see much of it, but the button for the key is completely off screen. I've tried force-quitting and restarting the app, and rebooting the phone too, but no change.
View attachment 20179
That does indeed look like a bug. You should report that directly to Lucid. They may not see it here.

Oooooof, that definitely seems like a bug. Please report that to [email protected] ASAP.

(Also, props to you for surviving with a Mini. I tried, for a long long time; I eventually gave in to the Pro and now can't go back, but refuse to buy a Max 🤣)
I loved the mini. So much I bought the green one when it came out mid-cycle and kept it for testing.

Alas, the pull of the “latest and greatest” proved too strong when the 14 came out.

View attachment 20179
I'm not going to lie, this is a very odd issue for an actual native application to have... and quite unexpected without something really funky happening behind the scenes. I get the 3D space not scaling gracefully from a bug, but the navigation bar and the tab bar are ... unexpected. Definitely report it.

that's frustrating after I made a whole comment about how iOS standard form factors give such a clear timeline advantage for designers lol

I'm not going to lie, this is a very odd issue for an actual native application to have... and quite unexpected without something really funky happening behind the scenes. I get the 3D space not scaling gracefully from a bug, but the navigation bar and the tab bar are ... unexpected. Definitely report it.
Wouldn't this be a common characteristic of a translated app, not the other way around? Very strange bug, but since it's a complete overhaul of the app, I'll give them some slack.
I loved the mini. So much I bought the green one when it came out mid-cycle and kept it for testing.

Alas, the pull of the “latest and greatest” proved too strong when the 14 came out.
I know I'm in the clear minority, but I hated the mini. It was so small my hand could actually wrap around the entire thing, and I had to squint to see text on the screen. The battery life was also way too low.

I would have agreed with @borski about the Max even a year ago, but once you see how much text can fit on the screen/how much bigger the text is it is and how much more battery life it has, there's no turning back! I have a "normal" 14 pro right now, but if I had to do it again I'd definitely splurge on the max. The pro does fit my hand perfectly, however (as I'm a one handed phone user). The 16 pro screen size being updated to 6.3 and 6.9 respectively would be my dream scenario, as it balances all my factors (including price, as the max is very expensive)!

I'm not going to lie, this is a very odd issue for an actual native application to have... and quite unexpected without something really funky happening behind the scenes. I get the 3D space not scaling gracefully from a bug, but the navigation bar and the tab bar are ... unexpected. Definitely report it.t
I'm terrified that they might have tried to reuse the flutter layout but with swiftui design language

I like the update. Need the correct wheels to show properly, at least the 20’s aren’t showing, instead shows 21” aero blades
And they should properly represent cars with Stealth package in the graphic. Don’t like platinum at least with my Phathom Blue. They know my color and roof type (glass), so they also know my wheel and appearance config. Simple to do, but they did not think this feature all the way through.

Interesting that they did not apply the cars color to the section you click in upper left where your icon/photo is. Mine still shows the gold/bronze color. Do they even offer that color anymore?? Details are important……

Attachments

• IMG_3355.jpeg
    IMG_3355.jpeg
    563.9 KB · Views: 30
Last time I checked the available POI filters from Apple's POI services, I don't _think_ you can get this granular (per what the Lucid filters reveal). I'll have to double back/check that.

It would be super odd for them to mix match POI data in the vehicle with the mobile app and they do have the "share" functionality which does present legal issues if that data is used to render on _any_ competitor in any environment (like POI data from Apple Maps on your phone sent to HEREMaps in vehicle..)...

You can search by EVChargers, but you cannot get brand specific: https://developer.apple.com/documentation/applemapsserverapi/common_objects, which they are definitely doing.

View attachment 20159
The costco EA charger a few minutes north of that mall is a much better charger experience. I just used the costco ine for the first time today going to Tallahassee from Miami.

And they should properly represent cars with Stealth package in the graphic. Don’t like platinum at least with my Phathom Blue. They know my color and roof type (glass), so they also know my wheel and appearance config. Simple to do, but they did not think this feature all the way through.

Interesting that they did not apply the cars color to the section you click in upper left where your icon/photo is. Mine still shows the gold/bronze color. Do they even offer that color anymore?? Details are important……
Again: check https://testmycode.cc and make sure Stealth actually comes back from the API and that your color is correct.

If it isn’t, contact customer care and ask them to change it for you on the backend.

My car is correct in that view.

Again: check https://testmycode.cc and make sure Stealth actually comes back from the API and that your color is correct.

If it isn’t, contact customer care and ask them to change it for you on the backend.
Thanks, very useful. My car specs are correct on the site. So Customer Care can correct the app colors for me? No big deal.

Thanks, very useful. My car specs are correct on the site. So Customer Care can correct the app colors for me? No big deal.
Not if the API is returning the correct values. I was just wondering if the API had the wrong info for your car.

But you should report it to customer care either way, so they can log and track the bug.

View attachment 20179
Question: do you have any accessibility features turned on?

This update has really restored Apple Watch functionality; my watch app has been solid and relatively snappy since the update (and deleting and restoring the app in my watch…), even when I don’t have my phone with me. Really appreciate the restored and newly solidified functionality!

This update has really restored Apple Watch functionality; my watch app has been solid and relatively snappy since the update (and deleting and restoring the app in my watch…), even when I don’t have my phone with me. Really appreciate the restored and newly solidified functionality!
hell yeah lfg

Back