RESOLVED Lucid App GPS Location Issue

valfor99

Cars
LGT
I have Lucid app on my Android. When looking at the navigation option, it just shows the car icon and not any maps. When trying to put in my address it says, it cannot find a direct route to my home. The options that come up as I type is Europe. Does anyone have issues with the navigation option in the Lucid app? None of the filters also work. Cant look up any electric charging as it doesnt show anything other turning the back ground full blue.

I have Lucid app on my Android. When looking at the navigation option, it just shows the car icon and not any maps. When trying to put in my address it says, it cannot find a direct route to my home. The options that come up as I type is Europe. Does anyone have issues with the navigation option in the Lucid app? None of the filters also work. Cant look up any electric charging as it doesnt show anything other turning the back ground full blue.
Have you tried deleting the app in its entirety and adding it back again? Has it ever worked?

Yes, I did uninstall and reinstall too. No change. it used to work before.
I just checked the app in my Android phone and the map works fine. Maybe restart the phone, turn airplane mode on and off, sign out and back in the Lucid App, check the permissions for location for the app and make sure it’s “Allowed all the time”.

I did all of that. Here is what shows even know. One thing to note is when I asked Alexa in the car about weather. It gives weather in California instead of NE, where I am located. The screenshot is attached.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230618_165650_Lucid.jpg
    Screenshot_20230618_165650_Lucid.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 128
I did all of that. Here is what shows even know. One thing to note is when I asked Alexa in the car about weather. It gives weather in California instead of NE, where I am located. The screenshot is attached.
Need CS to come reset your gps

Have you tried deleting the app in its entirety and adding it back again? Has it ever worked?
Bobby
I was trying the Air logo reset today and was playing music when I said "Alexa stop"....it said "Alexa cannot control your TV from this device". Might be time to end 20 years of Android use and go back to iPhone. I do not get maps on my phone Lucid app either.

This happens to me if my car is left in my underground garage for days. Somehow the location of the car resets and when I look at the map days later, it look like what ur pic shows. If you unzoom the map, you will see that ur Lucid is somewhere in the middle of ocean. Mine relocates to the Gulf of Guinea, near Nigeria.

I don’t know why my Lucid ends up somewhere in the ocean, maybe poor cell signals in my underground garage makes the map resets there…to coordinates -0 altitude -0 longitude?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230620-182623_Lucid.jpg
    Screenshot_20230620-182623_Lucid.jpg
    426 KB · Views: 104
I have the mobile service come out and they recalibrated the device. Now it works.

Yes that happens to me every time... U just need to close all apps and reopen the lucid one and it works again.. I know it's very annoying... But i did notify lucid of it last week. 🙏🤞

Yes that happens to me every time... U just need to close all apps and reopen the lucid one and it works again.. I know it's very annoying... But i did notify lucid of it last week. 🙏🤞
For me it needed a visit by the service personnel to reset the gps in the car. My app was working after that. I believe my issue was related to where the in car GPS was identifying its location.

I’m on the newest OTA 2.1.3, and maps is still acting horribly, majority of the addresses I enter take me to the wrong location. Just like the screenshots below, google maps shows the correct location for this address is west of the highway, and lucid is routing me somewhere east of it.

This has to be across the community right?

Attachments

• IMG_3715.png
    IMG_3715.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 92
  • IMG_3714.jpeg
    IMG_3714.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3713.jpeg
    IMG_3713.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_3712.png
    IMG_3712.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3715.png
    IMG_3715.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 94
For me it needed a visit by the service personnel to reset the gps in the car. My app was working after that. I believe my issue was related to where the in car GPS was identifying its location.
After I updated to 2.1.3 last week my car GPS was stuck in front of the CA Lucid HQ building (I was in Dayton OH). No resets helped unfreeze the GPS, so mobile tech is coming out tomorrow to fix it (hopefully). The auto time zone setting in car settings also shows CA, and my mobile app navigation is also inoperable right now.

I’m on the newest OTA 2.1.3, and maps is still acting horribly, majority of the addresses I enter take me to the wrong location. Just like the screenshots below, google maps shows the correct location for this address is west of the highway, and lucid is routing me somewhere east of it.

This has to be across the community right?
I've never had issues with my nav/map/GPS but it started today. The location of the car is like 20miles away and its not in the correct location. My software version 2/1/10. I tried Air Logo reset and that didn't help. Going to try other types of reset to see it will correct itself.

So they came out and looked at it and told me that you have to enter the full address, you have to make sure it’s the complete address…if you put in the street number and it says “building” under it; it’s the wrong address. That’s exactly what lucid SA told me. Now I bit my tongue, but why would the Nav populate an address if it wasn’t useful to begin with is the better question??

Further to this point, I discovered a flaw in the Nav OS I hope someone from lucid can dig into after reading this. Considering the above; how the Nav does not route correctly if you do not have a full address, if you try to search an address in google maps and send it to the car, it only sends a short address not the full. So any address I’ve tried to send to the car from google maps does not work, I believe bc of this.

to clarify, google maps has worked in the past, but with the new update this is the result. I texted the generic number but they told me to use Apple CarPlay which I do not prefer to the lucid UI.

I did all of that. Here is what shows even know. One thing to note is when I asked Alexa in the car about weather. It gives weather in California instead of NE, where I am located. The screenshot is attached.t happens to me every time... U just need to close all apps and reopen the lucid one and it works again.. I know it's very annoying... But i did notify lucid of it

This is not resolved... This still happens to me almost every time... I just need to close all apps and reopen the lucid one and it works again.. it's very annoying...why does this say resolved? i did notify lucid of the issue... But never heard back.... Is this still happening for u?

to clarify, google maps has worked in the past, but with the new update this is the result. I texted the generic number but they told me to use Apple CarPlay which I do not prefer to the lucid UI.
You are entering the address on the Pilot Panel? I have a problem where the GPS takes me to the wrong location but it occurs when I share the destination from Google Maps.

As an aside have you tried entering your destination into the Lucid app and then sharing it with the car?

Back