Lucid App/car charging issues

4JimNDenise

New Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Dec 30, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Cars
2024 Air Touring
Referral Code
SSAD206X
Hi Lucids,
If you don't feel like reading another charge rant, please skip. I sent the below email to Lucid Customer Service.

Our Lucid vin is xxxxsxxsx - we have free EA charging until 12/27/27

We had an overall horrible charging experience going to, and returning from, our FL destination from NC. We are seriously considering selling
our Lucid over these charging issues. This was our first distance trip since purchase, and likely our last. We are no longer recommending Lucid now to all those who ask.
Decided to not move forward with Gravity now.

Charge Issues occurred Last Thursday 10/23 at an EA charging station and Sunday 10/26 at a EVConnect station, due to Lucid car creating lucid app issues regarding failed authentication.

My wife Denise and I experienced a total of 12 incorrect charges between our 2 cards and we expect reimbursement.

Denise: Four charges for $25 each, 1 for $1 = $101, all done on 10/23, to card ending in 8127
Jim: Nine charges for $25 each = $175, seven done on 10/23, two done on 10/26, to card ending in 2107.

Total refund expected = $276

This leads me to ask: Why am I getting a "$25 Lucid Moto* EV Charging” fee for NON-EA chargers every time I attempt to charge? (E.G., See the Sunday 10/26 charge issue at a EVConnect/Duke charger) Lucid has 0% to do with these charge events as I am giving my payment info directly to that specific charge vendor through their app)

We were told by Lucid customer service on 10/23 call that we would get a incident/trouble ticket on our 10/23 “failure to authenticate” problem in the app that required a hard restart of the vehicle, and we have not heard anything back from Lucid. Like nothing has been done. Like there is no problem. This is Unacceptable.

The issue we encountered on our return trip at Hamer, SC was caused by Lucid app (car) thinking we were still at the Walterboro, SC Tesla location (see IMG_1716, listing out 4 Tesla terminals). Rebooting the Lucid phone app did nothing, as you know the app reflects what the car thinks. I had no way to charge in Hamer because I could not clear this Walterboro terminal selection screen in the Lucid app. Again, another hard reset of the car was required just to be able to maybe charge in Hamer, SC. Earlier while In Walterboro, SC we did try using Tesla supercharger and Tesla app to charge, but could not get it to work in the Tesla app. So we went back to EA in Walterboro, used the Lucid app to charge, and drove to Hamer, SC our next charge location….but we had no way of knowing we could not charge in Hamer until we got there.

Both authentication issues required a hard reboot of the car to fix. Completely unacceptable.

What is even MORE unacceptable is there is NO SUPPORT (offices closed) from Lucid customer support 888-995-8243 on Sundays 4:30p,
We called Lucid for help. “Our offices are closed” recording played.
How many of your customers have you left stranded this way?

0% issues with at home A/C charging.
Many issues with D/C Fast charging.
 
Hi Lucids,
If you don't feel like reading another charge rant, please skip. I sent the below email to Lucid Customer Service.

Our Lucid vin is xxxxsxxsx - we have free EA charging until 12/27/27

We had an overall horrible charging experience going to, and returning from, our FL destination from NC. We are seriously considering selling
our Lucid over these charging issues. This was our first distance trip since purchase, and likely our last. We are no longer recommending Lucid now to all those who ask.
Decided to not move forward with Gravity now.

Charge Issues occurred Last Thursday 10/23 at an EA charging station and Sunday 10/26 at a EVConnect station, due to Lucid car creating lucid app issues regarding failed authentication.

My wife Denise and I experienced a total of 12 incorrect charges between our 2 cards and we expect reimbursement.

Denise: Four charges for $25 each, 1 for $1 = $101, all done on 10/23, to card ending in 8127
Jim: Nine charges for $25 each = $175, seven done on 10/23, two done on 10/26, to card ending in 2107.

Total refund expected = $276

This leads me to ask: Why am I getting a "$25 Lucid Moto* EV Charging” fee for NON-EA chargers every time I attempt to charge? (E.G., See the Sunday 10/26 charge issue at a EVConnect/Duke charger) Lucid has 0% to do with these charge events as I am giving my payment info directly to that specific charge vendor through their app)

We were told by Lucid customer service on 10/23 call that we would get a incident/trouble ticket on our 10/23 “failure to authenticate” problem in the app that required a hard restart of the vehicle, and we have not heard anything back from Lucid. Like nothing has been done. Like there is no problem. This is Unacceptable.

The issue we encountered on our return trip at Hamer, SC was caused by Lucid app (car) thinking we were still at the Walterboro, SC Tesla location (see IMG_1716, listing out 4 Tesla terminals). Rebooting the Lucid phone app did nothing, as you know the app reflects what the car thinks. I had no way to charge in Hamer because I could not clear this Walterboro terminal selection screen in the Lucid app. Again, another hard reset of the car was required just to be able to maybe charge in Hamer, SC. Earlier while In Walterboro, SC we did try using Tesla supercharger and Tesla app to charge, but could not get it to work in the Tesla app. So we went back to EA in Walterboro, used the Lucid app to charge, and drove to Hamer, SC our next charge location….but we had no way of knowing we could not charge in Hamer until we got there.

Both authentication issues required a hard reboot of the car to fix. Completely unacceptable.

What is even MORE unacceptable is there is NO SUPPORT (offices closed) from Lucid customer support 888-995-8243 on Sundays 4:30p,
We called Lucid for help. “Our offices are closed” recording played.
How many of your customers have you left stranded this way?

0% issues with at home A/C charging.
Many issues with D/C Fast charging.
I travel a fair amount using EA chargers and experience similar charges. However, the charges never actually hit my account/bill. Rather, the charges are just an 'authorization check' of some sort that disappears after 1-2 days. Just my experience, for what it is worth.
 
Hi Lucids,
If you don't feel like reading another charge rant, please skip. I sent the below email to Lucid Customer Service.

Our Lucid vin is xxxxsxxsx - we have free EA charging until 12/27/27

We had an overall horrible charging experience going to, and returning from, our FL destination from NC. We are seriously considering selling
our Lucid over these charging issues. This was our first distance trip since purchase, and likely our last. We are no longer recommending Lucid now to all those who ask.
Decided to not move forward with Gravity now.

Charge Issues occurred Last Thursday 10/23 at an EA charging station and Sunday 10/26 at a EVConnect station, due to Lucid car creating lucid app issues regarding failed authentication.

My wife Denise and I experienced a total of 12 incorrect charges between our 2 cards and we expect reimbursement.

Denise: Four charges for $25 each, 1 for $1 = $101, all done on 10/23, to card ending in 8127
Jim: Nine charges for $25 each = $175, seven done on 10/23, two done on 10/26, to card ending in 2107.

Total refund expected = $276

This leads me to ask: Why am I getting a "$25 Lucid Moto* EV Charging” fee for NON-EA chargers every time I attempt to charge? (E.G., See the Sunday 10/26 charge issue at a EVConnect/Duke charger) Lucid has 0% to do with these charge events as I am giving my payment info directly to that specific charge vendor through their app)

We were told by Lucid customer service on 10/23 call that we would get a incident/trouble ticket on our 10/23 “failure to authenticate” problem in the app that required a hard restart of the vehicle, and we have not heard anything back from Lucid. Like nothing has been done. Like there is no problem. This is Unacceptable.

The issue we encountered on our return trip at Hamer, SC was caused by Lucid app (car) thinking we were still at the Walterboro, SC Tesla location (see IMG_1716, listing out 4 Tesla terminals). Rebooting the Lucid phone app did nothing, as you know the app reflects what the car thinks. I had no way to charge in Hamer because I could not clear this Walterboro terminal selection screen in the Lucid app. Again, another hard reset of the car was required just to be able to maybe charge in Hamer, SC. Earlier while In Walterboro, SC we did try using Tesla supercharger and Tesla app to charge, but could not get it to work in the Tesla app. So we went back to EA in Walterboro, used the Lucid app to charge, and drove to Hamer, SC our next charge location….but we had no way of knowing we could not charge in Hamer until we got there.

Both authentication issues required a hard reboot of the car to fix. Completely unacceptable.

What is even MORE unacceptable is there is NO SUPPORT (offices closed) from Lucid customer support 888-995-8243 on Sundays 4:30p,
We called Lucid for help. “Our offices are closed” recording played.
How many of your customers have you left stranded this way?

0% issues with at home A/C charging.
Many issues with D/C Fast charging.
Those aren’t charges. They are authorizations. They will not ever hit your card while you have free charging.
 
Hi Lucids,
If you don't feel like reading another charge rant, please skip. I sent the below email to Lucid Customer Service.

Our Lucid vin is xxxxsxxsx - we have free EA charging until 12/27/27

We had an overall horrible charging experience going to, and returning from, our FL destination from NC. We are seriously considering selling
our Lucid over these charging issues. This was our first distance trip since purchase, and likely our last. We are no longer recommending Lucid now to all those who ask.
Decided to not move forward with Gravity now.

Charge Issues occurred Last Thursday 10/23 at an EA charging station and Sunday 10/26 at a EVConnect station, due to Lucid car creating lucid app issues regarding failed authentication.

My wife Denise and I experienced a total of 12 incorrect charges between our 2 cards and we expect reimbursement.

Denise: Four charges for $25 each, 1 for $1 = $101, all done on 10/23, to card ending in 8127
Jim: Nine charges for $25 each = $175, seven done on 10/23, two done on 10/26, to card ending in 2107.

Total refund expected = $276

This leads me to ask: Why am I getting a "$25 Lucid Moto* EV Charging” fee for NON-EA chargers every time I attempt to charge? (E.G., See the Sunday 10/26 charge issue at a EVConnect/Duke charger) Lucid has 0% to do with these charge events as I am giving my payment info directly to that specific charge vendor through their app)

We were told by Lucid customer service on 10/23 call that we would get a incident/trouble ticket on our 10/23 “failure to authenticate” problem in the app that required a hard restart of the vehicle, and we have not heard anything back from Lucid. Like nothing has been done. Like there is no problem. This is Unacceptable.

The issue we encountered on our return trip at Hamer, SC was caused by Lucid app (car) thinking we were still at the Walterboro, SC Tesla location (see IMG_1716, listing out 4 Tesla terminals). Rebooting the Lucid phone app did nothing, as you know the app reflects what the car thinks. I had no way to charge in Hamer because I could not clear this Walterboro terminal selection screen in the Lucid app. Again, another hard reset of the car was required just to be able to maybe charge in Hamer, SC. Earlier while In Walterboro, SC we did try using Tesla supercharger and Tesla app to charge, but could not get it to work in the Tesla app. So we went back to EA in Walterboro, used the Lucid app to charge, and drove to Hamer, SC our next charge location….but we had no way of knowing we could not charge in Hamer until we got there.

Both authentication issues required a hard reboot of the car to fix. Completely unacceptable.

What is even MORE unacceptable is there is NO SUPPORT (offices closed) from Lucid customer support 888-995-8243 on Sundays 4:30p,
We called Lucid for help. “Our offices are closed” recording played.
How many of your customers have you left stranded this way?

0% issues with at home A/C charging.
Many issues with D/C Fast charging.
As below, charges are authorized, but not processed. I also get an email from Lucid Motors confirming that the bill for the charging was $0.00.
 
I have been charging at the same Electrify America station for almost 3 years and now I am seeing $25 charges for Lucid Moto on my credit card. I happened to get THREE $25 charges in 2 days...interesting as I had to plug in THREE times to get my car to charge on 2 different chargers all on the same evening. I called Lucid, they said they didn't know what they were, so I need to call EA and ask them what the $25 was for....I call EA and they say call Lucid that they don't know what they are for! OMG - I hate this kind of run around. I call Lucid back and they say they are authorizations and will be removed. Well it's been 5 days and I see one credit for 25.00 from Lucid and 2 remaining charges- what about the other two?? I just got of the phone with my credit card company and they confirmed that these are indeed charges, not authorizations! I charged again today and yep, there is another $25 showing on the credit card. Lucid asked me if I had the plug and play app - which I do - and they asked if I had my credit card on file with them - DUH - I obviously do, YOU ARE CHARGING IT!! Why? If it's just an authorization, why is it showing at all? And then why is there a credit, rather than it just "dropping off". I am so irritated and no one seems to have an answer. I have 2 more weeks of free charging, but it feels like I am being charged already. I feel your pain on this - it's not enough to make me not get another electric car, but I will be seeking better experiences than what I have had with EA/Lucid so far, when I am free to choose a different provider.
 
...The issue we encountered on our return trip at Hamer, SC was caused by Lucid app (car) thinking we were still at the Walterboro, SC Tesla location (see IMG_1716, listing out 4 Tesla terminals). Rebooting the Lucid phone app did nothing, as you know the app reflects what the car thinks. I had no way to charge in Hamer because I could not clear this Walterboro terminal selection screen in the Lucid app. Again, another hard reset of the car was required just to be able to maybe charge in Hamer, SC. Earlier while In Walterboro, SC we did try using Tesla supercharger and Tesla app to charge, but could not get it to work in the Tesla app.
Please make sure that the Lucid app and Tesla app both have location permissions set to "precise" and "always", or whatever the equivalent is for iOS users. Otherwise the app won't know where you are.

If you have a credit card entered on the Tesla app, you should be able to drive to a supercharger, select a stall number in the app, and then plug in. This has worked 100% of the time for me on both our Lucid and our Volvo.
 
I have been charging at the same Electrify America station for almost 3 years and now I am seeing $25 charges for Lucid Moto on my credit card. I happened to get THREE $25 charges in 2 days...interesting as I had to plug in THREE times to get my car to charge on 2 different chargers all on the same evening. I called Lucid, they said they didn't know what they were, so I need to call EA and ask them what the $25 was for....I call EA and they say call Lucid that they don't know what they are for! OMG - I hate this kind of run around. I call Lucid back and they say they are authorizations and will be removed. Well it's been 5 days and I see one credit for 25.00 from Lucid and 2 remaining charges- what about the other two?? I just got of the phone with my credit card company and they confirmed that these are indeed charges, not authorizations! I charged again today and yep, there is another $25 showing on the credit card. Lucid asked me if I had the plug and play app - which I do - and they asked if I had my credit card on file with them - DUH - I obviously do, YOU ARE CHARGING IT!! Why? If it's just an authorization, why is it showing at all? And then why is there a credit, rather than it just "dropping off". I am so irritated and no one seems to have an answer. I have 2 more weeks of free charging, but it feels like I am being charged already. I feel your pain on this - it's not enough to make me not get another electric car, but I will be seeking better experiences than what I have had with EA/Lucid so far, when I am free to choose a different provider.
I just spoke to Lucid again - and they are saying I need to provide receipts showing I didn't incur idle time- sadly my husband deletes his emails from Lucid after charging, never thought he would need them. So we are going to try to get something from EA, proving I did not have any idle time on the three charging sessions that I had last Tuesday night. They really are making this entire situation into something it shouldn't be - a total pain in the butt! They still cannot explain why these are actual charges on my credit card and not "Just authorizations" which is apparently what happens every time we charge. I personally have never seen these authorizations once in 3 years of charging- it has to be some new policy, a policy gone wrong IMHO.
 
I just spoke to Lucid again - and they are saying I need to provide receipts showing I didn't incur idle time- sadly my husband deletes his emails from Lucid after charging, never thought he would need them. So we are going to try to get something from EA, proving I did not have any idle time on the three charging sessions that I had last Tuesday night. They really are making this entire situation into something it shouldn't be - a total pain in the butt! They still cannot explain why these are actual charges on my credit card and not "Just authorizations" which is apparently what happens every time we charge. I personally have never seen these authorizations once in 3 years of charging- it has to be some new policy, a policy gone wrong IMHO.
Are you certain they’re charges? Have they posted or are they pending?
 
Are you certain they’re charges? Have they posted or are they pending?
According to Chase yesterday, they are both charges and one credit. But I just logged in and checked today and the 2 charges are gone. I was on the phone with lucid for 34 minutes yesterday, and they said 3-5 days for authorizations to drop off....it took 7 days. I have never seen these types of authorizations or charges until now. Just another thing for me to babysit. Ugh.
 
...I have never seen these types of authorizations or charges until now. Just another thing for me to babysit. Ugh.
They're not rare. I choose to ignore them for a while and let them disappear on their own.
 
(since we have 60 days to dispute any charge to our credit cards)
 
According to Chase yesterday, they are both charges and one credit. But I just logged in and checked today and the 2 charges are gone. I was on the phone with lucid for 34 minutes yesterday, and they said 3-5 days for authorizations to drop off....it took 7 days. I have never seen these types of authorizations or charges until now. Just another thing for me to babysit. Ugh.
You don’t need to babysit them. How long authorizations take to drop off depends on your bank. They never get charged to your account.

Everything is operating as intended.

If you’ve ever checked into a hotel, I guarantee you’ve had hundreds of dollars in authorizations throughout the years. Same deal, they drop off; they are only there to ensure you *have* the available credit, not an actual charge.
 
Back
Top