Lucid air yay or nay

ASG_59

Reaction score
Cars
Mach e, Highlander hybri
Hi all. I am not an owner...yet. I'm coming out of a Mach E, my first EV and have definitely drunk the EV kool aid. I'm now deciding between a bmw i4 and the air touring. I'm intrigued w the lucid but keep reading about software glitches annd some fit a finish issues. Are these still as a big a problem as they once were. On the whole, if you had to do it all over again would you still buy the car.
Thank you for your help.

Have you test driven one?
Lucid that is.

Hi all. I am not an owner...yet. I'm coming out of a Mach E, my first EV and have definitely drunk the EV kool aid. I'm now deciding between a bmw i4 and the air touring. I'm intrigued w the lucid but keep reading about software glitches annd some fit a finish issues. Are these still as a big a problem as they once were. On the whole, if you had to do it all over again would you still buy the car.
Thank you for your help.
I have owned teslas, model S and 3, a taycan, an Ipace is my wife's car and now I drive an Air GT.
the GT is comparable to a model S, it is a true GT it drives like a big sedan, not a sports car. it's range is impressive.
I test drove the MB EQE and and a BMW I5 and the Lucid is far superior to both of those cars.

As an owner of both a RWD i4 (2 years) and an AWD Air Pure (approaching 1 year), rest assured there are pros & cons to both. I strongly suggest you test drive both in a variety of driving scenarios, if possible.

There’s no question the current state of the i4’s software is more bulletproof, but the Lucid’s software has improved significantly over time. If interior space is of prime importance, the Lucid wins easily. IMO both have plenty of power for the overwhelming majority of drivers. Admittedly I’m not speed crazed like some here and a 4 second 0-60 with excellent passing power meets my requirements. I find the smaller & lighter i4 to have the edge in handling, but certainly the Air is no slouch, particularly when the additional 500-600lbs of weight & size are factored in.

I’d have to say the build quality, although very good on my Pure, is still better on my i4, which is impeccable.

Aesthetics? I won’t even go there, that’s simply too subjective an issue. Both are fantastic vehicles worthy of anyone’s attention. You can’t go wrong with either.

Curious what range you are getting on your BMW? I think the Germans regularly beat their stated range, which is a nice little bonus.

Have you test driven one?
Lucid that is.
I have driven the air touring twice. Nothing not to like about the drive but the navigation screen did freeze during my test drive. The Lucid Rep showed me a fix which took about 15 seconds.

Curious what range you are getting on your BMW? I think the Germans regularly beat their stated range, which is a nice little bonus.
Absolutely. In fact the i4’s range is so understated there isn’t a huge difference between the Pure AWD with its bigger battery and the i4. The i4 can get 350 miles or more in highway driving if you don’t drive like a maniac. When I compare similar driving scenarios, in the same weather conditions, their stated efficiencies are quite close.

Back