Lucid Air Wins 2022 Wards 10 Best Interiors & UX trophy.

Hey I absolutely agree, to each their own. I truly love the fact that you love some things and can ignore others.
Was someone giving this guy a NEW Flying Spur, maybe I need to find this guy if that is the case 😂.
Maybe I have never owned a true luxury which isn’t luxury but I am sticking to my statement about cheap buttons. Since we are all friends, I feel the outside mirrors are cheap material.

Another interesting thing that I was able to do trying to unlock and lock the car too fast is the driver side mirror folded but the passenger side did not but I did not try to repeat that 😝.

If you have not noticed and it’s true on both front doors that there is a gap where you can push your fingers all the way up but somehow appears by design.

The tech's came and At least admitted to one side of the trunk being out of tolerance. They would not comment on the button but said they would do some kind of reset to see if that helps with the AC Fan.

Did find that the little windows on the back door are not properly aligned. On one side it’s pushed out whereas on the other side it is pushed in and they agreed that they should align the same on both sides but they did not have the info on how they should align.

They had gone all the way to Arkansas to work on 3 different Cars.
They have to take the car in to fix it. The real issue is that the trunk lock is not fully engaging and most likely because the Trunk is not aligned. I am willing to bet that they most likely have not done a great job when they were building the molds/die for the trunk and now are trying to make them work and hope people get tired of trying to get it fixed and take their word as to what the tolerances should be.

One step at a time. They pushed the trunk closed where it does not show red and open on the screen. It is a real issue they have to fix and told me not to use the trunk but said it was OK to drive the car.
I don't get it. The pre-production cars had the same buttons and mirrors and mostly the same bits. If you felt it was cheap, why buy the car? Plus I'm pretty sure every single car nowadays has mirrors made of plastic so...

One step at a time. They pushed the trunk closed where it does not show red and open on the screen. It is a real issue they have to fix and told me not to use the trunk but said it was OK to drive the car.
That’s bad. Yeah that has to be fixed.

BTW Just went out to test the headlights and was able to confirm about 4 times that the passenger side mirror no longer folds or unfolds 😞

Attachments

• 528899F1-4114-47A7-A822-89ED8141C221.png
    528899F1-4114-47A7-A822-89ED8141C221.png
    1 MB · Views: 99
  • DE5FC9A7-BFB8-4728-B26A-388A00258D69.jpeg
    DE5FC9A7-BFB8-4728-B26A-388A00258D69.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 96
BTW Just went out to test the headlights and was able to confirm about 4 times that the passenger side mirror no longer folds or unfolds 😞
You may have tried this, but have you reset the car?

I don't get it. The pre-production cars had the same buttons and mirrors and mostly the same bits. If you felt it was cheap, why buy the car? Plus I'm pretty sure every single car nowadays has mirrors made of plastic so...
The reason you don’t get it is because you love the drive. I am in Dallas Texas and by the time I ordered the Car even the Houston store was not open and for the life of me I don’t understand really what luxury are you guys talking about. Perhaps it’s luxury compared to a Tesla and no other high end car. I am ready to live with those buttons as long as they don’t hang from the dash. Call me picky Sir!

The driving is not really in dispute right now. It is fun to drive but from that perspective I bet the people who own the Plaid S love it too.

The reason you don’t get it is because you love the drive. I am in Dallas Texas and by the time I ordered the Car even the Houston store was not open and for the life of me I don’t understand really what luxury are you guys talking about. Perhaps it’s luxury compared to a Tesla and no other high end car. I am ready to live with those buttons as long as they don’t hang from the dash. Call me picky Sir!

The driving is not really in dispute right now. It is fun to drive but from that perspective I bet the people who own the Plaid S love it too.
So you are telling me that you ordered the car and took delivery sight unseen? And now you are not happy with certain things that are not up to the standard you expect from a $150k vehicle?

I have not but I thought if I lock the car using the Phone then it resets itself does it not?
I was told that if the screens go off for 60 seconds that triggers a reset. I just got in the habit of doing the reset by stepping out and a long press of the handle and waiting for 60 seconds. Yours may have reset it 🤷‍♂️ Can’t hurt to try it.

So you are telling me that you ordered the car and took delivery sight unseen? And now you are not happy with certain things that are not up to the standard you expect from a $150k vehicle?
Yes I am and yes I kids expect a certain standard but I think we have beat this one to death. So I understand some people somehow expect that everyone should be thrilled with every aspect of the car because it drives well.

I understand and it makes sense that instead of discussing it here I should just take it up with Lucid Service 😀🙏.

Thanks for listening.

Yes I am and yes I kids expect a certain standard but I think we have beat this one to death. So I understand some people somehow expect that everyone should be thrilled with every aspect of the car because it drives well.

I understand and it makes sense that instead of discussing it here I should just take it up with Lucid Service 😀🙏.

Thanks for listening.
On the contrary, I'm just trying to understand why you seem so surprised by some things. It makes sense now for some of the issues you have with the car, mainly the design and material choices since you never sat in one.

The other issues should be taken care of by Lucid, so just keep finding them and reporting them. Every issue you report helps the next person down the line. Pay it forward! Today you, tomorrow me!

While I feel it's unreasonable to expect every piece to be luxurious, it is reasonable to expect the car as a whole to be of high quality where it counts with the use of high quality materials. Will there be off-the-shelf parts? Sure, but let's be smart about where that goes. For what Lucid is asking, there is and should be a level of expectation. For Dream Edition owners, IMO, even more. As someone who has a Pure on pre-order, I'm more tolerant to this.

There are likely more than just a few of us that ordered on pure faith, sight unseen. Me among them. I have no regrets from my decision, though I do wish the air conditioner (which ultimately given enough time does cool the car down) had more power, more vents or more something to push the air on these hot summer days in Texas. I can live with the buttons, but the design of those narrow little vents should be re-evaluated, in my humble opinion.

I understand some people somehow expect that everyone should be thrilled with every aspect of the car because it drives well.
Nah, the drive is just the best part. The charging and range is pretty awesome too. The interior is overall great, but not elite luxury, but suits my tastes. Not a Rolls Royce but also $100k less than a Rolls. There’s a lot more to the car that’s excellent than just the drive. You have had some bad luck with various glitches/defects though, but hopefully that gets ironed out for you soon.

There are likely more than just a few of us that ordered on pure faith, sight unseen. Me among them. I have no regrets from my decision, though I do wish the air conditioner (which ultimately given enough time does cool the car down) had more power, more vents or more something to push the air on these hot summer days in Texas. I can live with the buttons, but the design of those narrow little vents should be re-evaluated, in my humble opinion.
I think that’s a valid point. They work fine for me but I’m in Rhode Island and short so directing the vents to get comfortable isn’t an issue.

First, I don't think anyone is saying they are thrilled with every aspect of the car simply because it drives well. I read more posts about people consoling themselves by driving the car when issues arise. @hydbob's posts aren't all sunshine and roses either.

Second, "certain standard" which I assume to mean for a luxury car that costs $139k. I think Lucid summed it up by labeling their brand as post modern luxury emphasizing sustainability versus what is offered by MB. The way I think of this is comparing home remodeling projects. You have a $100k project that totally replaces your kitchen, baths, flooring, light fixtures. Guests come over and "Wow, that looks like $100k". That's the MB approach with the glitz and glam. You have another project that replaces your roof, mechanicals (HVAC, water pipes, electric), adds solar with a few tasteful but modest interior updates. Your guests come over and they don't see that much has changed even though there's been a tremendous improvement in your house. What dollar value is assigned to the suspension that so many rave about? What dollar value is assigned to the miniaturized motor/inverter/transmission, Wunderbox, headlights, whatever they call the cage that holds the 2170 cells. There is so much value in what we don't see in the Lucid that they came up with in house. We are paying for all the R&D that went into that. We are paying for the premium Lucid has to pay their vendors as a "small scale" startup.

And unfortunately, anything called recycled or sustainable costs extra because we have to pay for the additional cost of recycling materials or practicing sustainable husbandry. While I have sat in the car a few times and taken a test drive, I don't have the car like you do so I haven't nit picked at it. They got the 2 touch points I care most about right - the seat and steering wheel. The wheel is a little thick but not a problem even for my wife who has tiny hands. I was concerned with the world's only carbon neutral processed leather - would they feel like shoe leather or like my home theater seats? They felt soft and comfortable. I used the buttons for AC fan speed and temperature as a passenger and didn't notice anything about them.

We're also buying the first year of the first generation of the Air. 3 years from now, there might be a 2nd gen with different buttons and a tweaked trunk design. We know there are going to be issues with this car. Heck, Toyota just issued a recall on the BZ4X because the lug nuts can loosen and the wheels can fall off. They don't know why this happens and no fix is available. Owners were told to stop driving their cars and dealers will arrange to tow their vehicles and provide a loaner for however long it takes to fix the issue.

Back