Lucid Air Touring Wind/Vibrating noise when driving

I have the same issue with noise humming and slight vibration from 70 to 82 MPH .
My touring is 3 months old and I have asked the service center to look into it the first week the car was delivered.
I received Unable to reproduce! answer from Miami service .
You can actually feel the vibration on the accelerator pedal - Verified by several friends and my wife driving the car .
I have to try again with a different service center but it’s super annoying!
It reminds me of my Tesla days when you questioned panel gaps and the standard answer was : within specs!🤨🤨

So this is the solution that fixed that annoying buzzing/humming noise for me, is near the hood and above the charge port there's a rubber seal that is visible when the hood is open, the edge of that area towards the front of the car doesn't have any adhesive and moves around when wind passes through. So I just got some foam tape from amazon and taped the edge of that area securely to the car, and after doing that the annoying sound disappeared, had this setup for 2+ months now and going strong.

Tape I used from amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082F37WJH

Attachments

• lucid1.jpg
    lucid1.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 120
  • lucid3.jpg
    lucid3.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 116
  • lucid4.jpg
    lucid4.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
the flap is located around that area in the red circle

Attachments

• lucid.jpg
    lucid.jpg
    243.6 KB · Views: 83
Thanks! I've always been suspicious of that piece. It seems so much flappier than I'd expect. The one on the passenger side in my car is less movable. I'll give this a shot in the morning, I have some similar tape already.

Is the vibration noise you're referring to wind noise from around the top of the window when sitting in the passenger drivers seat ?

I just did this..not sure if this will help my wind noise issue but tomorrow we find out on the freeway...
1000036110.jpg
1000036109.jpg

I had a terrible vibration when I hit ~90 mph. It turned out that both passenger-side wheels/tires were way out of balance. Lucid replaced both sets. Now the car is ultra quiet, with no noise up to 95 mph.

Is the vibration noise you're referring to wind noise from around the top of the window when sitting in the passenger drivers seat ?
I don’t believe my vibration and humming is coming from the window.. it’s kind of hard to describe. The humming sounds like the AC compressor is working very hard . I had a similar sound on my 2014 tesla model S but it was a vary loud AC compressor. Tesla put an acoustic blanket on it to reduce the noise level. But this is not coming from the AC because I turned it off but the noise is still there .
I also feel a vibration on the accelerator pedal at the same time .. very weird!

Just wondering if I was the only one having this issue with the Lucid Touring. When driving over 65mph+ there’s this slight humming vibrating noise. Wondering if anyone else has had this issue.
Chuck Yeager experienced the same thing as he approached Mach 1.
What he found is everything smoothed out if you just keep going.

It was more from the drivers seat where the noise would sound like it was coming from the roof of the car or the driver side window. There was no physical vibrations just had a buzzing/vibrating sound

Please update after your drive .
Thank you very much !
Update - so I did NOT experience any positive change in my wind noise issue after this. The mystery continues...

Looking at the pictures again maybe the tape should go on the part circled on the picture by JKM … it’s looks like a different area in the same approximate location
I have to try keeping that seal from moving

I'm gonna get some tape and try this. My issue is wind noise from driver's side window. I doubt this will resolve it but it doesn't hurt trying.

I'm gonna get some tape and try this. My issue is wind noise from driver's side window. I doubt this will resolve it but it doesn't hurt trying.
That's what I thought it would fix too but didn't..see few posts above

The tape has mostly fixed my issue. I need to do a slightly better job with it, but I’m 90% there. Silence is so nice. I didn’t realize how much that noise was nagging at me until it was gone.

I just applied tape on both areas left and right of the hood hinges. I will report back tomorrow after my highway drive to work

Back