Lucid Air Sunshade, Glass Canopy — Now Available

Here are a few pictures of the sunshade. If you carefully position it, you can use it with the visors up, you just have to adjust how you wedge it in the base of the windshield, but it doesn’t always hold. Oddly, for me, it is fairly easy to have the driver’s side stay up without the visor being down, but View attachment 13875View attachment 13876I believe they are designed to be used with the visors down.

Look very custom cut size.

Oh sorry I meant the Lucid roof sun shades
No problem. Lucid's canopy shades have a stiff rim and don't need the visors to hold them up.

I always hated sun shades because they always fall and aren't snug. Any solutions for the front where you don't have to worry about it?

I just installed mine yesterday and I’m quite happy with the way they fit. Actually it’s a fairly snug fit.

I just installed mine yesterday and I’m quite happy with the way they fit. Actually it’s a fairly snug fit.

I have one too for Rivian R1S by 3rd party as they they don’t make OEM. It is not snug fit, it’s saggy and have gaps. I love this Lucid OEM good fit.

I bought the ToughPRO Lucid windshield sunshade off of ebay. Price was great - around $40. Issue is that availability is hit or miss. I got the last one at the end of June. Just checked and there are a few more available, so inventory seems to come and go. I'm very happy with the sunshade.
I got the same about a month ago.

Here are a few pictures of the sunshade. If you carefully position it, you can use it with the visors up, you just have to adjust how you wedge it in the base of the windshield, but it doesn’t always hold. Oddly, for me, it is fairly easy to have the driver’s side stay up without the visor being down, but View attachment 13875View attachment 13876I believe they are designed to be used with the visors down.
Thanks for the pics. From the website, they look more firm/structured and thus would sort of snap open into a snug fit.

I imagine they are a decent option.

I couldn't wait for Lucid to make some so I ordered these below, Driving around in a terrarium in 108 heat was not an option.
My wife would no longer ride with me in the daytime. They block so much heat that I can drive again.

These were a very good custom fit. PS, I used to buy shades from them for my airplane and they are very good people.

Can you snap a pic of what that looks like visors down, shades up>?
With the car in the hot sun, there was a pretty dramatic difference in the infrared heat coming off the canopy glass with shades on vs off. Glad to have them.

Front shades.jpg

BTW, $69.95 for the whole canopy heat shield.

This is from my previous post above.

This is from my previous post above.

I used that link to order some for Polestar 2. Sadly, Polestar2 doesn’t have OEM shade either. The suction cups are good and effective, but the Lucid OEM shade just looks like original built-in parts.

The lucid shades look great but where we live, at 108+ for weeks now, I felt that reflective , vs shades that would still bring in heat, would be the best heat option. We tried those universal see-through sun shades(bought at Walmart while charging) they helped but weren't enough. The sun and heat of all that glass gives my wife headaches and burns her brunette hair/head. We needed all the blocking we could get.

Just got my sunshades delivered and installed them. Very easy to install and looks chic.
The packaging for shipping could be wayyy better. My package needed only 30miles transit via FedEx Ground and the outer box almost torn apart. Can't imagine how it would be if Lucid were to ship it all the way across the country.

Mine came 30 minutes ago, already installed. fit perfectly. And, my box was in absolute perfect condition. As others have said, I can see the rear in most times and the fronts only in blinding summer sun. The shades match the Lucid look perfectly.

Last edited:
With the car in the hot sun, there was a pretty dramatic difference in the infrared heat coming off the canopy glass with shades on vs off. Glad to have them.

View attachment 13891

I agree. The shades make a huge difference in keeping the car relatively cool, parked or while you’re riding inside. I feel foolish having spent so much money ($1200) on tinting all the windows as well as the front windscreen and roof. Supposedly the tint I chose had “98% heat rejection qualities”. What exactly did that mean? 98% of what? Really, I should have asked.

Late last fall, I thought I was very happy with how well tinting everything worked. I waxed eloquent about it, touted its benefits, and wholeheartedly recommended spending the money to anyone who would listen. Then summer hit, along with our yearly July drive from San Diego CA to Denver CO and back again. The sun streaming through all that glass has been so intense that I was forced to buy opaque window shades that I then stuck on the roof directly above our heads.

We would have cooked all summer without those window shades (originally marketed to families with infants and babies riding in the backseat). Now, Lucid have come out with their own branded mesh screens, and what a godsend they’ve been! And not a season too soon either.

The Lucid mesh screens will remain in place all summer. I’ll keep those kiddie window shades handy in the glovebox - just in case.

Attachments

• IMG_7400.jpeg
    IMG_7400.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_7399.jpeg
    IMG_7399.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 132
  • IMG_7401.jpeg
    IMG_7401.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 142
Back