Lucid Air model lineup updates for 2024

looks like the convenience package is different between trims, different power seating for different interiors, massage option for select interiors, and DDP price difference between P/T and GT.

i wonder if this announcement solidifies these option adjustments, or if more option simplification and consolidation are coming across the board in the near future (massage for all interior options, power frunk for all, etc). based on the announcement, i thought the trim differences were gonna be at the battery and motor, with QOL options available to all. still great news, just something to note i suppose

looks like the convenience package is different between trims, different power seating for different interiors, massage option for select interiors, and DDP price difference between P/T and GT.

i wonder if this announcement solidifies these option adjustments, or if more option simplification and consolidation are coming across the board in the near future (massage for all interior options, power frunk for all, etc). based on the announcement, i thought the trim differences were gonna be at the battery and motor, with QOL options available to all. still great news, just something to note i suppose
Yes. The trims still seem to have differences in what you get for free. Each level up throws in a few more items. But glass roof and leather are optional extras on all trims now. As well as DDP and SSPro I assume.

The key difference is now it’s possible to take a Pure, say, and basically give it every option. You don’t have to jump trims to have a certain feature.

Yes. The trims still seem to have differences in what you get for free. Each level up throws in a few more items. But glass roof and leather are optional extras on all trims now. As well as DDP and SSPro I assume.

The key difference is now it’s possible to take a Pure, say, and basically give it every option. You don’t have to jump trims to have a certain feature.
But thats the thing, that isnt true. You CANT get a glass roof on a pure to my knowledge.

1701875074487.png

Very interesting overall. So no more Pure AWD and will be forced to get a Touring that's $10k more instead of $5k to get AWD ang 600+hp, with same everything else?

But thats the thing, that isnt true. You CANT get a glass roof on a pure to my knowledge.
Ahh. Correct. You can get a metal roof GT, but not a glass roof Pure. That's definitely one exception.

did the comfort and convenience package use to come standard on all 2023 air tourings? I thought the soft close and ventilated seats were always on the touring

did the comfort and convenience package use to come standard on all 2023 air tourings? I thought the soft close and ventilated seats were always on the touring
The comfort and convenience package was included in the Touring price. It was an option that we can't exclude.

Correct. Thus, the lower entry price.

Basically, this makes the Touring start closer to what the old AWD Pure used to be in price and features.

i'm guessing the next major complaint will be the massage add-on only being available on purluxe interiors. kinda wished they made the comfort and convenience package standard, but i can see why they wanted to add the power frunk as the QOL differentiator between the two trims.

but still confused by the DDP price difference. looked at the listed features, and there's nothing missing

I just hope they let me retrofit ventilated seats to the pure, massage or not. Those purelux seats are HOT in the summer.
Also, since there is no more pure awd available to buy, why not just open up that software and give us the full 620 hp?

A guy can hope anyway...

I just hope they let me retrofit ventilated seats to the pure, massage or not. Those purelux seats are HOT in the summer.
Also, since there is no more pure awd available to buy, why not just open up that software and give us the full 620 hp?

A guy can hope anyway...
Not a bad decision actually, but I can imagine some metal roof touring owners being pissed.

Not a bad decision actually, but I can imagine some metal roof touring owners being pissed.

Yeah, they're not going to give people with AWD Pures free Touring HP. And retrofitting seats is also unlikely.

They could, however, offer a software unlock for extra HP to all lower trims for a cost. Tesla has done this with great success.

I'm all for Lucid getting extra money out of customers who want to upgrade after the fact. So if they want to charge $2-4k to unlock to 620 HP, go for it. They could then offer Touring customers 819HP for the same money.

Personally, I would consider that money a waste, as it's rare you can put that extra power to the road, anyway. But lots of folks would disagree. And the one-time cost is very tempting for many. Good source of extra revenue.

A Touring with 819 HP is still not a GT, any way you slice it. So GT owners wouldn't have any real reason to be upset.

A guy can hope anyway...
I haven’t noticed that during the warmer days when I picked up my car. I‘ve experienced no significant difference in terms of heat between the leather seats in my i4 and the purelux in my Lucid on hot days. I actually would have thought the differences would have been greater given my i4 seats are light and the Lucid seats black.

I haven’t noticed that during the warmer days when I picked up my car. I‘ve experienced no significant difference in terms of heat between the leather seats in my i4 and the purelux in my Lucid on hot days. I actually would have thought the differences would have been greater given my i4 seats are light and the Lucid seats black.
yeah, I don't really know that the difference is purelux versus leather and i didn't mean to imply so. My bad if I did. I don't have an air with leather to compare to. I am just saying I'd happily pay some money now to be able to get a ventilated seat put in there.

A Touring with 819 HP is still not a GT, any way you slice it. So GT owners wouldn't have any real reason to be upset.
I mean, you can now add massaging seats and everything that is on the GT, so the only difference would be the silver mirror caps!

Yeah, they're not going to give people with AWD Pures free Touring HP. And retrofitting seats is also unlikely.

They could, however, offer a software unlock for extra HP to all lower trims for a cost. Tesla has done this with great success.

I'm all for Lucid getting extra money out of customers who want to upgrade after the fact. So if they want to charge $2-4k to unlock to 620 HP, go for it. They could then offer Touring customers 819HP for the same money.

Personally, I would consider that money a waste, as it's rare you can put that extra power to the road, anyway. But lots of folks would disagree. And the one-time cost is very tempting for many. Good source of extra revenue.

I believe GT has different battery which allows it to get to 800+hp so a Touring with GT hp might not work

What is the current pricing for DDp SSp or the equivalent?

Back