Lucid Air in Service Queue for 7 Weeks. What Does This Mean for Long-Term Ownership?

... Lucid sends their lawyer who goes on record saying their service department does “poor quality repairs and shoddy workmanship” so that means lemon laws don’t apply (they claim).
The legal argument is that it didn't come from the factory broken (a "lemon"), but instead was broken by the service teams; thus, the situation does not fit the definition of the applicable lemon law?

That sounds absurd.
 
The legal argument is that it didn't come from the factory broken (a "lemon"), but instead was broken by the service teams; thus, the situation does not fit the definition of the applicable lemon law?

That sounds absurd.
Correct. It’s also two different companies, Lucid Manufacturing and Lucid Service. They argued lemon laws apply only to Lucid Manufacturing and not Lucid Service, who is the ones that had my car for months.

What it did was introduce enough confusion that the mediator wasn’t comfortable forcing a lemon repurchase on it, and now we go to court. The mediator really didn’t like Lucid and got more frustrated than I did though. He was shocked they were making that argument, but he didn’t seem prepared to make a binding judgment because he didn’t know if what they were saying was true to the law. So they punted and now we sue.
 
They argued lemon laws apply only to Lucid Manufacturing and not Lucid Service, who is the ones that had my car for months.
Even if Lucid wins this battle, it seems like a strategy that puts them on a path to lose the war. (Metaphorically speaking.)
 
Correct. It’s also two different companies, Lucid Manufacturing and Lucid Service. They argued lemon laws apply only to Lucid Manufacturing and not Lucid Service, who is the ones that had my car for months.

What it did was introduce enough confusion that the mediator wasn’t comfortable forcing a lemon repurchase on it, and now we go to court. The mediator really didn’t like Lucid and got more frustrated than I did though. He was shocked they were making that argument, but he didn’t seem prepared to make a binding judgment because he didn’t know if what they were saying was true to the law. So they punted and now we sue.
I think you misunderstood the role of the arbitrator here. Their goal is not to draw legal conclusions but arrive at what they deem to be a fair and equitable resolution based on the information presented to them. They did so and you disagreed with their proposed resolution. Your remedies now lie in court if you choose to pursue them. There will be a cost and some or potentially all of that may not be recoverable. You could be throwing good money after bad but that’s your choice. And by the time your case is heard, and a judgement is rendered, your lease may have likely expired.

Of course you may be able to reach a settlement with Lucid. The odds of that occurring diminish the more you disparage them. I litigated cases for 30+ years and know how corporate law departments react to that. Your attorney would be telling you the same thing if you are indeed suing them. Ignoring that advice will cost you in the long run.
 
I think you misunderstood the role of the arbitrator here. Their goal is not to draw legal conclusions but arrive at what they deem to be a fair and equitable resolution based on the information presented to them. They did so and you disagreed with their proposed resolution. Your remedies now lie in court if you choose to pursue them. There will be a cost and some or potentially all of that may not be recoverable. You could be throwing good money after bad but that’s your choice. And by the time your case is heard, and a judgement is rendered, your lease may have likely expired.

Of course you may be able to reach a settlement with Lucid. The odds of that occurring diminish the more you disparage them. I litigated cases for 30+ years and know how corporate law departments react to that. Your attorney would be telling you the same thing if you are indeed suing them. Ignoring that advice will cost you in the long run.
When influencers disparage them they get help. Maybe I should get a X account! It’s still not right to bully people into silencing their experience.

But you’re right, they can drag it out and screw me, and they might just out of vengeance. 🤷 I’m not even demanding the car be fixed, it’s currently sitting broken in my street. Why? Service is already overwhelmed, why make things worse on them right now when I’m trying to get rid of the car anyways? Why make loyal owners wait in line behind me?

Idk maybe I should just in case.

Are you suggesting I don’t even talk about them here? I stay off social media and stuff.
 
Last edited:
When influencers disparage them they get help. Maybe I should get a X account! It’s still not right to bully people into silencing their experience.

But you’re right, they can drag it out and screw me, and they might just out of vengeance. 🤷 I’m not even demanding the car be fixed, it’s currently sitting broken in my street. Why? Service is already overwhelmed, why make things worse on them right now when I’m trying to get rid of the car anyways? Why make loyal owners wait in line behind me?

Idk maybe I should just in case.

Are you suggesting I don’t even talk about them here? I stay off social media and stuff.
It all depends on what your goal is. Do you want to win here or in court? Because one likely precludes another. And we’re not handing out money here. If telling your story is more important than settling your dispute continue to do so. But you should probably let your attorney know.
 
It all depends on what your goal is. Do you want to win here or in court? Because one likely precludes another. And we’re not handing out money here. If telling your story is more important than settling your dispute continue to do so. But you should probably let your attorney know.
I’m just saying what I wish I’d known I guess; and venting. And some memes. I suppose it’s not an anonymous as I wish. Maybe that’s why their former employee who joined and spilled some beans quickly stopped posting lol
 
When influencers disparage them they get help.
You're right about that... I understand Lucid's trying to manage PR and do damage control, but it is a bit disheartening when you see EE getting a buyback so quickly just for complaining about the Lucid Assistant or profiles not loading correctly.
 
I am only showing the truth of Lucids service structure. Buyers should know.

Why are you even in this thread? Did you have a service experience to share?
Nah, you constantly bitch about everything Lucid, but I understand why you hate the company. But you need to give credit when due.
 
Correct. It’s also two different companies, Lucid Manufacturing and Lucid Service. They argued lemon laws apply only to Lucid Manufacturing and not Lucid Service, who is the ones that had my car for months.

What it did was introduce enough confusion that the mediator wasn’t comfortable forcing a lemon repurchase on it, and now we go to court. The mediator really didn’t like Lucid and got more frustrated than I did though. He was shocked they were making that argument, but he didn’t seem prepared to make a binding judgment because he didn’t know if what they were saying was true to the law. So they punted and now we sue.
Yep that sucks….but I would stay out of forums….especially when you have a case pending.
 
Yep that sucks….but I would stay out of forums….especially when you have a case pending.
I do? I do not! I lost arbitration and am mad. I wanted to do a second arbitration after the car failed again but I guess that’s not an option. All I can do is try to take them to court which sounds like might not even be worth it.

Gonna get grey hairs man.

🤷
 
Last edited:
Back
Top