Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
I was asked by a fellow member to compare my I Pace to my Lucid.

The Jag is a 2019 HSE with EVERY available option that I bought off the lot in 2018 for about $92k. They have gone down in price about $10k since. Other than Tesla, which I didn't want, the only other available SUV EV at the time was the eTron. I test drove that as well but it was way too slow and lumber-y for me. The I Pace is 400hp, dual motor (they all are), 5 seater. 0-60 is about 4.5s. We love both cars, Jag is my wife's.

As far as repairs, the Jag stranded me (needed flatbed) when its 12V battery died in 2020 had a new front motor at 38k due to severe vibrations in the old one.

Where the I Pace beats the Lucid:
  1. BIGGEST ITEM FOR MY WIFE: she dislikes the whole regen and one-pedal driving thing. Jaguar has that, but also has an option that makes it feel exactly like an ICE car but when you hit the brakes you're actually creating regeneration. As far as I know Lucid does not do this. Zero brake pad wear at 30k when I got new tires.
  2. Heads up display which is highly configurable
  3. physical seat/mirror memory buttons on both seats
  4. SiriusXM
  5. no front motor whine
  6. easier to park, etc. Can easily move within inches of anything, the Lucid scares me
  7. heat pump for heater makes lots of heat right away (although not a big deal here in San Diego)
  8. much more info about the EV (stats, etc.) available to view
  9. much more customization of the instrument panel
  10. air suspension - good for raising and lowering; less complaint over bumps than the Lucid
  11. CarPlay (now wireless but mine is not)
  12. rear view mirror screen/camera (standard now but not in 2019)
  13. key fob with real buttons
  14. real buttons on the door handles (all 4!) to lock/unlock
  15. 5 year warranty
  16. all maintenance included in the warranty period
  17. we actually have a service center in San Diego... that said, Jags and Land Rover products are notoriously unreliable and they are always overburdened.
Where the Lucid beats the I Pace:
  1. RANGE - Jag is 220 max although advertised at 292
  2. efficiency - Jag lifetime 2.5 M/kWh. I get 3.0 in the Lucid.
  3. acceleration, especially in the mid range
  4. charging speed is much faster
  5. much quieter other than the motor whine
  6. handles like a sports car
  7. smoother ride
  8. Highway assist (Jag has radar cruise but it sucks.)
  9. infotainment is MUCH faster (this was a problem for early I Pace models but the entire system has been replaced with a better one after 2021)
  10. 3D overhead display
  11. better looking (subjective)
  12. Mobile Key (Jag has an app but requires a fob or silly activity key bracelet)
  13. OTA (Jaguar has this but some require a dealer visit)
  14. rear seat room BY FAR, width and legroom both
  15. frunk is WAY bigger
  16. seats are much more comfortable
  17. interior is more modern looking (Jag is like every other Jag with lots off stuff going on)
  18. sunshades
  19. soft close doors
  20. we have Frank in San Diego but the amount of cars has grown a lot and we need a service center yesterday!
Where they are similar:
  1. sound system
  2. fit and finish
  3. full glass roof (although Jag has separate panels for windshield and top)

Last edited:
Nice write-up, Bobby. Thanks.
Any tips on how you've handled the parking situation?

Thanks bobby.

I assume that Lucid choose not to have air-suspension with reasons. Air-suspension added more to I-pace's off-road capabilty and make it easier to clear obstacles.

Also, can you comment on Lucid's smart head lighting features? While I-pace is equippped for matrix lighting capabilty, it was disabled in US due to outdated us laws. The laws have been changed over a year or two now but Jaguar never bothered to activate the matrix lighting for US I-pace. I assume that Lucid has auto high beam features. How smart is it? This is a very important safety feature for me.

Thanks again.

Thanks bobby.

I assume that Lucid choose not to have air-suspension with reasons. Air-suspension added more to I-pace's off-road capabilty and make it easier to clear obstacles.

Also, can you comment on Lucid's smart head lighting features? While I-pace is equippped for matrix lighting capabilty, it was disabled in US due to outdated us laws. The laws have been changed over a year or two now but Jaguar never bothered to activate the matrix lighting for US I-pace. I assume that Lucid has auto high beam features. How smart is it? This is a very important safety feature for me.

Thanks again.
They both have auto high beam. Both car's headlights are very bright.

Thanks bobby.

Thanks again.
Cars with air suspension don't handle in the twisties like cars with springs. True performance cars don't use air suspensions. High end SUVs do use air suspension because for them, the ability to raise and lower the vehicle is more important than handling on the road. The IPace is an SUV so air suspension makes sense for it but the Lucid Air is a performance car so springs makes sense for it.

They both have auto high beam. Both car's headlights are very bright.

I think I should have asked if Lucid has adaptive high beam lighting, which keeps the high beam all the time but auto adjust according to road consitions. Here is a youtube link show how does it work in UK I-pace.

Jaguar disable the fueture for US I-pace because US regulator does not allow it at the time. With adaptive lighting is finally legal now in US, I just wonder if Lucid Air come with the feature and, if it does, what is your experience.

On a different note, I really wish that we can push Jaguar to enable the feature for US I-pace.

I think I should have asked if Lucid has adaptive high beam lighting, which keeps the high beam all the time but auto adjust according to road consitions. Here is a youtube link show how does it work in UK I-pace.

Jaguar disable the fueture for US I-pace because US regulator does not allow it at the time. With adaptive lighting is finally legal now in US, I just wonder if Lucid Air come with the feature and, if it does, what is your experience.

On a different note, I really wish that we can push Jaguar to enable the feature for US I-pace.
Not yet. Most cars don’t have it yet. I wouldn’t be surprised if they build it in soon though. The lights are almost certainly capable of it.

Back