Lucid Air GT mini review from owner.

I'm a white male caucasian driving a red BMW. Automatically qualify as a bad driver. It's the car. It's so fun.
I used to drive Volvo wagons exclusively, but sold them all.
Now I drive my son's car while I wait for the Lucid.
... went from volvo to assho.

Hahaha! But for sheer driving a$$holery it’s pretty tough to beat a newly minted Tesla Model S driver…a friend told me.

Once you know this you can adjust your speed to get between the clumps. I call it surfing the gaps.

This is one of my standard driving techniques, too, and it makes for much less stressful driving. The Lucid, with its ability to break out of a pack quickly and move ahead to settle into open space, makes it particularly easy.

Years ago I was stopped by a New York State Trooper on the Taconic Parkway while doing just such a maneuver. I explained to him what I was doing. He said that was the first time anyone had ever given that reason for speeding, and he actually let me go with a verbal warning -- which is not something NY troopers typically did.

I should read the posts first to last instead of last to first so I can get all my comments together.

But back to the safety features of modern cars: I picked up the E63s wagon in Bethesda, MD, a place I'd never been. They set up the car for my phone and turned on every feature, all the uplink/downlink stuff you have to rent from Mercedes. I ended up leaving right at rush hour, with no idea how to get to Rt. 95. The car was guiding me though, that was a first for me. Just minutes from the dealer I was looking over my left shoulder in high stress mode (new very powerful, unfamiliar car with carbon brakes, in heavy traffic in unfamiliar city) to clear a right turn so did not see a jaywalking pedestrian crossing diagonally, lackadaisically, and the car in front of mine that was through the turn and out of my attention had stopped. The dealership had engaged every driver assist, and while I was still looking for oncoming traffic my car suddenly stopped just a meter from the car in front of me. Sold. This is the way.

I should read the posts first to last instead of last to first so I can get all my comments together.

But back to the safety features of modern cars: I picked up the E63s wagon in Bethesda, MD, a place I'd never been. They set up the car for my phone and turned on every feature, all the uplink/downlink stuff you have to rent from Mercedes. I ended up leaving right at rush hour, with no idea how to get to Rt. 95. The car was guiding me though, that was a first for me. Just minutes from the dealer I was looking over my left shoulder in high stress mode (new very powerful, unfamiliar car with carbon brakes, in heavy traffic in unfamiliar city) to clear a right turn so did not see a jaywalking pedestrian crossing diagonally, lackadaisically, and the car in front of mine that was through the turn and out of my attention had stopped. The dealership had engaged every driver assist, and while I was still looking for oncoming traffic my car suddenly stopped just a meter from the car in front of me. Sold. This is the way.
This is the way.

Back