Lucid Air GT 0-60 dragy numbers

Man you’re still spreading this. Hahah we had this discussion. And it Almost got me banned! The model S is faster than the Touring all day every day, no comparison.

Given that @EXOTIC2 is comparing GT to model S, then yes, the GT is definitely faster than Model S LR. But isn’t it kind of redundant to own a model S and a lucid air?
Truth is pretty much nothing touches the plaid is straight up melt facing acceleration other than sapphire and Rimac. That plaid pulls harder than anything I have experienced. Now it gets pretty sloppy after 90 mph and I never bought the track pack for mine when I had it but you can’t fault it for acceleration, many other things but not acceleration.

Truth is pretty much nothing touches the plaid is straight up melt facing acceleration other than sapphire and Rimac. That plaid pulls harder than anything I have experienced. Now it gets pretty sloppy after 90 mph and I never bought the track pack for mine when I had it but you can’t fault it for acceleration, many other things but not acceleration.
The Plaid was horribly scary, it goes ridiculously fast and the suspension can't keep up! Still was a great experience, although I still stand by the fact that the touring feels like it pulls more than a LR, even if it actually doesnt. Maybe the extra weight?

although I still stand by the fact that the touring feels like it pulls more than a LR, even if it actually doesnt. Maybe the extra weight?
Do you remember how much charge both cars had? I noticed that Lucid keeps their test drive cars topped up in the garage, whereas Tesla sometimes doesn't.

I don't really get why more weight would make it feel faster, if anything it should be the opposite. From my experience, lighter cars seem to have a more instant response giving the feeling of "faster" which is part of the reason why the Touring "felt" faster than the GT to me at least at sub 80mph speeds. And why the model 3 has the best launch feel out of the bunch (for a 3.0 0-60 car). Rivian 0-60 is also 3.0, but there's so much mass to pull, it also feels slow to get going

Do you remember how much charge both cars had? I noticed that Lucid keeps their test drive cars topped up in the garage, whereas Tesla sometimes doesn't.

I don't really get why more weight would make it feel faster, if anything it should be the opposite. From my experience, lighter cars seem to have a more instant response giving the feeling of "faster" which is part of the reason why the Touring "felt" faster than the GT to me at least at sub 80mph speeds. And why the model 3 has the best launch feel out of the bunch (for a 3.0 0-60 car). Rivian 0-60 is also 3.0, but there's so much mass to pull, it also feels slow to get going
By heavy, I mean that the front end stayed planted, maybe because of suspension or weight. The model s makes drama when it launches(and somewhat, although way lesser, at high speeds) but the air is silky smooth!

And I know the air had 80 percent, but I don't know about the tesla, although it showed 290 miles left on the display.

Last edited:
The model s makes drama when it launches(and somewhat, although way lesser, at high speeds) but the air is silky smooth!
Yea to me, silky smooth "feels" slow, maybe your butt dyno is tuned differently than mine hahaha

But anyway, slightly off-topic, i know you've gone with your parents to test drive some other cars, and I always find it annoying that at legacy dealers, they always have their cars either with almost no gas, or on the EVs no charge. When I was shopping, I test drove an EV6 GT and an EQE AMG, and both had < 50% SOC so they obviously felt flow accelerating above 40/50mph. Something to keep in mind when EV shopping since the power drops off relatively fast at below 70 or 80%.

Yea to me, silky smooth "feels" slow, maybe your butt dyno is tuned differently than mine hahaha

But anyway, slightly off-topic, i know you've gone with your parents to test drive some other cars, and I always find it annoying that at legacy dealers, they always have their cars either with almost no gas, or on the EVs no charge. When I was shopping, I test drove an EV6 GT and an EQE AMG, and both had < 50% SOC so they obviously felt flow accelerating above 40/50mph. Something to keep in mind when EV shopping since the power drops off relatively fast at below 70 or 80%.
That explains the differences we have observed!

And tell me about it... at least you even HAD those cars to test drive. When we walked into the Kia dealership to check out the EV6, my parents were told that even SITTING in the car needed a "VIP reservation," as I watched a couple with some suits(lol) and an Acura get into it with no reservation. My parents decided to leave quietly to be "polite" since there was no other Kia we liked, but I decided to pass a particularly snarky comment to the salesman because why not; "How does the EV6 compare to the Porsche Taycan? We are going there next..." since we were going on a dealer tour. You should have seen the look on his face when he realized he lost a valuable, high trim sale.

And Mercedes EVs are trash. Trash build quality, trash interior, trash exterior. And slow! Porsche and Lucid had the best employees out of any dealership I visited, with BMW coming a close second(porsche guy had a can of blinker fluid on his desk which was hilarious, and all three companies actually listened to me/accommodated my requests like seeing the 911 gt3 in the corner!)

Last edited:
When we walked into the Kia dealership to check out the EV6, my parents were told that even SITTING in the car needed a "VIP reservation," as I watched a couple with some suits(lol) and an Acura get into it with no reservation.
LOL Kia dealerships are sad, i think that's the biggest thing that will hold them back...the one i went to looked like a ghost town, the front desk lady was so checked out, i was like HELLO, and she was like "woah! Someone's here! uhhh how can i help?" hahah. Honestly even the sales people seemed checked out, they weren't pushy at all, didn't really seem like they cared if i bought the car or not, i drove it and they were like cool, see ya! No follow up texts or emails from them lol

LOL Kia dealerships are sad, i think that's the biggest thing that will hold them back...the one i went to looked like a ghost town, the front desk lady was so checked out, i was like HELLO, and she was like "woah! Someone's here! uhhh how can i help?" hahah. Honestly even the sales people seemed checked out, they weren't pushy at all, didn't really seem like they cared if i bought the car or not, i drove it and they were like cool, see ya! No follow up texts or emails from them lol
I got out of the Kia Sorento we took to that dealership, and even from outside the dealership I saw 4 salesman simeotaneously rushing for us through the glass. Absolutely hilarious. And two years ago, we told our dealer to notify us when the EV6 was available, even when it was they never did. It was so unserious that I asked them "Can you bring that MSRP down by 5k" and they didnt say "arent you too young for this?" like I expect ANY reputable dealer to. All they said was "Well, maybe 3k would work.."

And genesis is supposed to share a dealer with them?

I will say, the WORST dealership experience I have ever had is a Volvo, where we just got ignored by salesman and had to ask around. And when we did track somebody down, he stated obviously wrong information about the cars!

Went out for a few runs last night 😎
Still have my 19" winter Pirellis on and got lots of wheel spin so wasn’t expecting anything spectacular as far as numbers but I actually think this is pretty decent considering.
Any updates on the 60 plus results?

I will say, the WORST dealership experience I have ever had is a Volvo, where we just got ignored by salesman and had to ask around. And when we did track somebody down, he stated obviously wrong information about the cars!
Maybe that’s because you’re 14.

Maybe that’s because you’re 14.
I was referring to my parents. THEY were treated like that, not me. Obviously I wouldnt walk into the dealership myself! 🤣 🤣

And besides, if Lucid/Porsche didnt care(i can always just walk in the lucid store and talk with employees), then it shows how great their service is.

Last edited:
I was referring to my parents. THEY were treated like that, not me. Obviously I wouldnt walk into the dealership myself! 🤣 🤣

And besides, if Lucid/Porsche didnt care(i can always just walk in the lucid store and talk with employees), then it shows how great their service is.
Lucid/Rivian/Tesla are in a different class. They are not dealers. They are not paid primarily on commission. They are just happy to chit chat and geek out and spread the message however they can. As an owner of 3 porsches, i wouldn't even go so far as to say they are on the same level. There are some sleazy porsche dealerships out there too. The ADM game and limited supply chain during covid really gave them a superiority complex.

Anybody with v box or draggy times for GT
Seems quicker than 3 sec and 10.85 in 1/4 mile

Back