Lucid Air Grand Touring Gets Even Better for 2024

that all sounds great.
can the improved charging speeds be offered to 202x air owners via a software fix?

More efficiency, faster charging, and now equipped with the Air Sapphire heat pump. Check out the details.

15-30 percent faster DC charging... INSANE! I'm waiting for owners to see the charging curve... @momo3605 and others should be very interested. Happy you added a heat pump, too. A week ago, I was building a GT, and I saw it had 485 miles with 19 inch wheels... glad you kept the same range with stricter EPA regs!

It is great to see the improvements developed for Sapphire and Gravity being applied to the 2024 Air!
Air GT, at least. I wonder if the other 2024 models get these upgrades too? (unlikely, but perhaps...)

Would this be retro fitted in Tourings ?

I think the heat pump is a great upgrade for the GT. It'll further help differentiate the trim and give people even more reason to upgrade. And it shows clearly Lucid means to get more out of their investment in the Sapphire project by bringing down their learnings to lower trims as they go. I'm excited to see such a change happening only a few years into production. Gives me hope we'll see the Gravity screen layout and computer upgrade sooner rather than later on the Air.

The other trims will still get industry-leading range. Lucid can keep the pricing for both at the new lower bound.

Between the heat pump and massaging seats, I have all the reason I need to think about a GT next time for sure, though.

I would not be surprised to see the heat pump in the Touring and Pure for 2025. Lucid is demonstrating that improvements developed for new vehicles will eventually be added into the existing models.

They'll eventually switch completely over to heat pumps as soon as possible to increase economies of scale. Easier to manage one system.

So .... I guess there will no longer be a Performance variant of the GT? And the only way to get 1,000+ HP is with the Sapphire?

They'll eventually switch completely over to heat pumps as soon as possible to increase economies of scale. Easier to manage one system.

So .... I guess there will no longer be a Performance variant of the GT? And the only way to get 1,000+ HP is with the Sapphire?
GT-P has been discontinued for a while, yeah. Makes sense not to sneak up on Sapphire territory with lower trims.

Correct. GT-P only existed because they realized there was more demand than they expected for Dream Edition. They wanted something to sell those folks who had the money and wanted more than GT offered. Sapphire fills that slot now. Albeit at a much higher price.

This is why I don't think they will limit the Dream Edition for the Gravity to so few vehicles. If they limit it at all. The 520 number was cute, but it probably cost them quite a few sales at a time when demand was higher. They'll want to put more butts in Dream Edition Gravity seats.

15-30 percent faster DC charging... INSANE! I'm waiting for owners to see the charging curve... @momo3605 and others should be very interested. Happy you added a heat pump, too. A week ago, I was building a GT, and I saw it had 485 miles with 19 inch wheels... glad you kept the same range with stricter EPA regs!
Yup this confirms that GTP/Sapphire cell chemistry did indeed charge faster. Now that the enhancements being brought down to GT, we know it’s 15-30% faster

I wonder if they put the larger 118kw battery in the GT as well

Great job Lucid. Think those are some really exiting new enhancements to the GT! Excited to see if that improved existing real range in summer and winter. Any increase is a win.

that all sounds great.
can the improved charging speeds be offered to 202x air owners via a software fix?
They have switched to using the sapphire/GTP cell chemistry which supports higher charging speeds. Unfortunately I don’t think they’ll be able to increase charging speed for existing cars since we have the cheaper batteries

Back