LUCID AIR Crash WASATCH COUNTY, Utah

Two fatalities because some irresponsible asshole with more money than brains was driving well beyond his or her capabilities. This kind of wreck makes me so angry and sad at the same time.

RIP to those who perished.

Wow, just seeing this.
I had no idea.
The weather has been horrible the last 2 days here in Utah, first we had that crazy volcanic/mud storm, and thunderstorms and hail storm the size of ping pong balls. It has been a crazy week.

RIP to those involve. The Lucid has a lot of power regardless of which trim, it needs to be handled with intense cautiousness. Especially if it's the first supercar performance anyone has had.

Condolences to those and their families that are affected. Indeed, getting into a high-speed situation like this, there is only so much mechanical traction, passive and finally active safety systems can do in any vehicle that can prevent the inevitable.

This is why electric cars power is really stupid. Lets compare two drivers: one with a 911 gt3 rs and another with lets say a plaid.
The plaid driver, although having much less downforce will inevitably try to drive faster, even through turns. Why? Because he likely thinks his car is faster than a gt3 because of HP. And also because he's somewhat uneducated on higher power cars.
A 911 gt3 driver knows what hes getting into. Although he has more downforce, he will probably drive less like a deranged idiot on the road, and if he does the downforce will be good.
Im not trying to knock electric cars or any type of driver, but the power of electric cars is really ridiculous. We NEED restrictions, atleast for inexperienced drivers.

This is why electric cars power is really stupid. Lets compare two drivers: one with a 911 gt3 rs and another with lets say a plaid.
The plaid driver, although having much less downforce will inevitably try to drive faster, even through turns. Why? Because he likely thinks his car is faster than a gt3 because of HP. And also because he's somewhat uneducated on higher power cars.
A 911 gt3 driver knows what hes getting into. Although he has more downforce, he will probably drive less like a deranged idiot on the road, and if he does the downforce will be good.
Im not trying to knock electric cars or any type of driver, but the power of electric cars is really ridiculous. We NEED restrictions, atleast for inexperienced drivers.
Interesting perspective? Do you have a lot of experience driving? In 40 years of driving, I am not able to reach the same conclusion about downforce. I think that this accident could have happened due to speeding by any car and losing control in the curve.

I imagine your conclusions are no doubt based on video games because you’re too young to have ever driven an actual car. Consider this accident, in a Carrera GT: https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2014/jan/03/paul-walker-died-car-coroner-report

Reckless driving on public roads puts innocent people at risk, regardless of the car.

Respectfully, this post is misguided and ill advised. Electric cars may or may not be something for you, but they are certainly not "really stupid". I own a Taycan Turbo and I also own a Lucid GTP. I also own a Porsche 911 Turbo (I have been fortunate). While I agree that EV's are extremely powerful (at least the cars I drive), all high powered cars take high skill in safe operation while operating at their full potential. And while I am uncertain of what you mean when you say that a 911 GT3 driver "knows what he is getting into" I do know that EV's, by and large, have a lower center of gravity and higher mass and, as a result, higher traction and downforce. (just a little application of the laws of physics). In a word, from a perspective of safer operation of high powered high performance vehicles, EV's are safer than most performance ICE's. Immature and inexperienced drivers are unsafe in any vehicle. You can kill someone in a Ford Fiesta if you are reckless. We have restrictions on safe operation. It's called the Vehicle and Traffic laws. They are routinely broken through a variety of reasons: everything from innocent inattentiveness to criminality. We DO NOT need higher or enhanced restrictions for EV's or high performance cars. To reduce highway deaths we need responsible drivers, proper enforcement, and good old civility (now there's something you rarely see today - civility) to your fellow motorists - and the world in general. But I digress.

Respectfully, this post is misguided and ill advised. Electric cars may or may not be something for you, but they are certainly not "really stupid". I own a Taycan Turbo and I also own a Lucid GTP. I also own a Porsche 911 Turbo (I have been fortunate). While I agree that EV's are extremely powerful (at least the cars I drive), all high powered cars take high skill in safe operation while operating at their full potential. And while I am uncertain of what you mean when you say that a 911 GT3 driver "knows what he is getting into" I do know that EV's, by and large, have a lower center of gravity and higher mass and, as a result, higher traction and downforce. (just a little application of the laws of physics). In a word, from a perspective of safer operation of high powered high performance vehicles, EV's are safer than most performance ICE's. Immature and inexperienced drivers are unsafe in any vehicle. You can kill someone in a Ford Fiesta if you are reckless. We have restrictions on safe operation. It's called the Vehicle and Traffic laws. They are routinely broken through a variety of reasons: everything from innocent inattentiveness to criminality. We DO NOT need higher or enhanced restrictions for EV's or high performance cars. To reduce highway deaths we need responsible drivers, proper enforcement, and good old civility (now there's something you rarely see today - civility) to your fellow motorists - and the world in general. But I digress.
He’s 13.

Yea, my 1965 Cobra Replica was probably to most dangerous car I have owned. Putting 525hp in a sub-2000lb car with no traction control, no anti-lock brakes, so safety gear of any sort (other than a seat belt) required respect to drive at all and a bit of skill if you wanted to test it.

My 1973 Mustang Convertible can't be driven like a modern automobile either, but is quite a bit more tame than the Superformance Cobra.

I imagine your conclusions are no doubt based on video games because you’re too young to have ever driven an actual car. Consider this accident, in a Carrera GT: https://amp.theguardian.com/film/2014/jan/03/paul-walker-died-car-coroner-report

Reckless driving on public roads puts innocent people at risk, regardless of the car.
I wasnt saying that reckless driving in a gt3 would have a lesser outcome. I was talking about the mentality of the drivers, apologies if it was misunderstood.
For this, I again was not talking about EV's being bad. I am just saying that regular people having access to this kind of power (now that fast electric cars are reducing in price) is scary.
In conclusion, I apologize if anybody took away from this that I am saying the lucid is bad thanks to the lack of downforce, I was remarking on the fact that inexperienced drivers now have access to higher amounts of power, and that is a bit dangerous.

Last edited:
Yea, my 1965 Cobra Replica was probably to most dangerous car I have owned. Putting 525hp in a sub-2000lb car with no traction control, no anti-lock brakes, so safety gear of any sort (other than a seat belt) required respect to drive at all and a bit of skill if you wanted to test it.

My 1973 Mustang Convertible can't be driven like a modern automobile either, but is quite a bit more tame than the Superformance Cobra.
No argument there, to decribe those Cobra's while under power as squirrely is an understatement.

Back