Lucid Air App Featured at WWDC23

Alex

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid DE R –Tesla X
DE Number
Referral Code
0M97RTIO
The Lucid app was feature at WWDC23: You will be able to access your Lucid widget from iOS and add it to the MacOS X desktop.

(at about 46:35 minutes into the presentation)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lucid app was feature at WWDC23: You will be able to access your Lucid widget from iOS and add it to the MacOS X desktop.
(at about 47 minutes into the presentation)
I got excited seeing that! (Missed screenshotting it). Do you think this is an indication of a deeper business connection between the two companies? Possibly working on the FULL carplay experience together?

I got excited seeing that! (Missed screenshotting it). Do you think this is an indication of a deeper business connection between the two companies? Possibly working on the FULL carplay experience together?
I think, since Lucid already has an iOS widget, they probably decided to use it. Tesla would have been a possibility, but they don’t have a native iOS widget.

Since the presentation is still ongoing, who knows if we get a CarPlay peak.

Here is the clip from WWDC23

Either apple employees like lucid(woz im looking at you)....

Or apple is buying lucid! Yay!

On a more serious note, did anybody see that reality pro headset? It was actually AMAZING, and will probably be the next iphone.

Here is the clip from WWDC23
Sorry, wrong audio (to late to delete the message)

Either apple employees like lucid(woz im looking at you)....

Or apple is buying lucid! Yay!

On a more serious note, did anybody see that reality pro headset? It was actually AMAZING, and will probably be the next iphone.
afaik, Woz no longer has his car. I don't know why he got rid of it.

I think it’s a sign that one of the execs at Apple recently bought a Lucid.

Also, it’s a gentle screw you to Tesla for not supporting CarPlay.

Tesla does have a widget, by the way.

The widget also made an appearance at the Platform State of the Union presentation. It was on screen much longer in that video. But still no mention of Lucid by name.

Still, it’s nice that Lucid is on Apple’s radar. I hope deeper collaborations are coming.

I wonder if Lucid has to pay for the product placement.

I doubt Apple would want money for that. If so, every company would be falling over themselves to get into the Keynote.

I wonder if Lucid has to pay for the product placement.
Apple being the "premium" company they are, I dont really think they would solict ads. I think that lucids inclusion was just a simple nod towards the fact that the Air looks like somebody answered the question "What would an apple car look like?"

Back