Lucid Air 2.9.3- Same as 2.9.0?

Halodde

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Aug 12, 2022
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
1,660
Location
Buffalo, NY
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Referral Code
BJ2URGEK
I thought maybe it was a glitch like the false key fob update when I got an email from Lucid Tracker saying that 2.9.3 was available. So, I came here to check it out. The release notes for 2.9.3 appear to be the same as 2.9.0. What am I missing?
 
Seems so.
 
Seems so.
Well, that's all I needed to hear. I consider you to be one of the best resources for software updates/issues. So, if you don't have any additional information on it, it must be irrelevant lol

Think it's another glitch? The only other thing I could think of was it might have been a general release to get all Airs on the same software version before the release of 3.0.
 
Or maybe it's another patch just for RWD Pure models? I have a Touring and did not get a notification from Lucid. I got a notification from Lucid Tracker. We'll see if I ever get anything from Lucid
 
I thought maybe it was a glitch like the false key fob update when I got an email from Lucid Tracker saying that 2.9.3 was available. So, I came here to check it out. The release notes for 2.9.3 appear to be the same as 2.9.0. What am I missing?
It appears to be a bug fix of 2.9.0/2.9.2.
 
What's new says "This Update resolves an issue from the prior 2.9.2 release"
 
So far only Pure owners appear to be getting the message.
Except for a few of us who are stil on 2.8.30 - but not in a major rush to update at this point.
 
I am also still on 2.8.30. I have not received any notification for 2.9.2 and the app shows my software is current. And yes, my Pure is on home wifi in the garage.
 
I am also still on 2.8.30. I have not received any notification for 2.9.2 and the app shows my software is current. And yes, my Pure is on home wifi in the garage.
I right there with you!
 
I don't know why some folks are so anxious for OTA updates, but I'm thankful y'all are out there beta testing for me. I don't have time for a service center visit.
So, here is 1 reason to be anxious to get the 2.9.x update of some sort installed.

I read that Lucid was pushing out an OTA to Air Pure models to detect which cars are having half shaft bolt issues and which aren’t. To me, if this is true, it now is somewhat urgent to get the update. Could be a safety concern. Maybe it’s already part of 2.8.30 but my appointment to inspect it isn’t until July.

Also , a new recall for failing Gen 4 inverters - also in RWD pure models - has an OTA software fix. This was just announced Friday.

Sitting at 2.8.30 is making me nervous.
 
I thought maybe it was a glitch like the false key fob update when I got an email from Lucid Tracker saying that 2.9.3 was available. So, I came here to check it out. The release notes for 2.9.3 appear to be the same as 2.9.0. What am I missing?
I'm confused, have you received the 2.9.3 update on your Touring? Or are you just asking about it because you saw it on Bobby's site?

It's been discussed that the 2.9.x minor releases have so far only been for the RWD Pure trim because of some QA issues with the main 2.9 release. Probably best not to worry about software that doesn't apply to your car.
 
I'm confused, have you received the 2.9.3 update on your Touring? Or are you just asking about it because you saw it on Bobby's site?

It's been discussed that the 2.9.x minor releases have so far only been for the RWD Pure trim because of some QA issues with the main 2.9 release. Probably best not to worry about software that doesn't apply to your car.
I did not receive it. I got a notification email from Lucid Tracker that it was out. But there was no indication that it was only for the Pure. Then I noticed it had the same release notes as 2.9.0 (which I already have). So I asked here and figured out it was only for the Pure with more digging. Sorry for the confusion.
 
I have a 2024 pure RWD. I received the 2.9.2 update and installed it before there were reports of problems. My car experienced no problems and has been driving fine. With so few cars receiving the 2.9.3 update, I’m hoping to hear whether there are any new problems before installing that update. If you were me, would you install it now?
 
I have a 2024 pure RWD. I received the 2.9.2 update and installed it before there were reports of problems. My car experienced no problems and has been driving fine. With so few cars receiving the 2.9.3 update, I’m hoping to hear whether there are any new problems before installing that update. If you were me, would you install it now?
I have a 2025 Pure and got bricked from the first 2.9.2, then fixed in the second 2.9.2, then got 2.9.3. I can't tell any difference. I had one bug in the 2nd 2.9.2 (drowsy driver warning) and I still have it with 2.9.3. No critical issues.
 
I have a 2025 Pure and got bricked from the first 2.9.2, then fixed in the second 2.9.2, then got 2.9.3. I can't tell any difference. I had one bug in the 2nd 2.9.2 (drowsy driver warning) and I still have it with 2.9.3. No critical issues.
What is the issue with the drowsy driver warning? If it just shows up too much and is annoying, you can turn it off in the settings.
 
What is the issue with the drowsy driver warning? If it just shows up too much and is annoying, you can turn it off in the settings.
That's exactly the issue. I've always kept it off. Every time I drive it turns itself back on, then gives a warning that the camera can't see my face (but it can). I turn off the setting and the warning goes away... until the next time I drive. Wash, rinse, repeat
 
Back
Top