Lucid Air 2.8.9

Check your regen mode to make sure you are in your preferred setting.
Yup:

First day driving with .9 installed - usual commute, 17 miles one way this morning. Is it just me, or is the Regen reduced? I very much like one-pedal driving, and always keep my Air Touring in "strong" regen setting. I drive days without even touching the brake pedal. This morning alone, I had to press the brake pedal three times. Something feels different on Regen. I made sure my settings are still on Strong Regen.
 
The software update took 45 minutes to install this early morning.
My car has the CCCv2 upgrade; I have noticed the F.P.S. (Frames per second) displayed within the instrument cluster for the mirror camera's FPS and the Center Console 360 camera's FPS increase. This results in a more fluid video feed being displayed.

My miles per kWh is partially more ROBUST too! Mix of city, highway, and express way in which GPS speed never exceeded 70 MPH.

View attachment 33778
View attachment 33780
I do believe that the time is related on how fast is your Internet at home. I do a Fiber cable internet with 3gbs. So this update took 23 minutes only. Am I wrong about this ???
Me too I do have ccv2 for my 2023 Air Touring DD Pro.
 
First day driving with .9 installed - usual commute, 17 miles one way this morning. Is it just me, or is the Regen reduced? I very much like one-pedal driving, and always keep my Air Touring in "strong" regen setting. I drive days without even touching the brake pedal. This morning alone, I had to press the brake pedal three times. Something feels different on Regen. I made sure my settings are still on Strong Regen.
Yes regen is reduced I notice that too. And I prefer it. I get worse mileage with regen on.
 
Confirmed with multiple YouTube videos that the audio/video lag issue appears to be solved!

Also, as of .5 or .7 CarPlay connects reliably. Before, I had an iOS automation that would force a connection to CarPlay if it detected Bluetooth connection to a Lucid.

- T
 
Yes regen is reduced I notice that too. And I prefer it. I get worse mileage with regen on.
Curious, worse mileage on the highway or in the city or combination?
 
Confirmed with multiple YouTube videos that the audio/video lag issue appears to be solved!

Also, as of .5 or .7 CarPlay connects reliably. Before, I had an iOS automation that would force a connection to CarPlay if it detected Bluetooth connection to a Lucid.

- T
did you ever get Shortcuts to do anything else? I try to get it to warm up my car at a set time but it never works.
 
I do believe that the time is related on how fast is your Internet at home. I do a Fiber cable internet with 3gbs. So this update took 23 minutes only. Am I wrong about this ???
Me too I do have ccv2 for my 2023 Air Touring DD Pro.
You are mistaken. It fully downloads the update before it prompts you to install it.
 
First day driving with .9 installed - usual commute, 17 miles one way this morning. Is it just me, or is the Regen reduced? I very much like one-pedal driving, and always keep my Air Touring in "strong" regen setting. I drive days without even touching the brake pedal. This morning alone, I had to press the brake pedal three times. Something feels different on Regen. I made sure my settings are still on Strong Regen.
I have to agree with this. I have a standard route that I follow most weekdays, involving going on back roads with only stop signs, and never touch the brake pedal except for urgent/emergency stops. Starting with 2.8.7 I’ve had to hit the brake pedal more than once because the car didn’t stop before the stop sign in the distance that I remember from muscle memory. In parallel, I’ve also noticed a 15% or so efficiency drop, so much so that I’ve had to check whether I wasn’t accidentally in Swift mode when I was clearly in Smooth. My charge limit is set at 80%, I always drive on freeways in the 72-75 mph range, and temperatures are in the 65-75 F range.

Of course this is all quite minor but glad to see I’m not the only one experiencing this.
 
I have to agree with this. I have a standard route that I follow most weekdays, involving going on back roads with only stop signs, and never touch the brake pedal except for urgent/emergency stops. Starting with 2.8.7 I’ve had to hit the brake pedal more than once because the car didn’t stop before the stop sign in the distance that I remember from muscle memory. In parallel, I’ve also noticed a 15% or so efficiency drop, so much so that I’ve had to check whether I wasn’t accidentally in Swift mode when I was clearly in Smooth. My charge limit is set at 80%, I always drive on freeways in the 72-75 mph range, and temperatures are in the 65-75 F range.

Of course this is all quite minor but glad to see I’m not the only one experiencing this.
how is the tire pressure? with temps dropping, this is worth a spot check.
 
25 AP no DDPro here. Installed .7 without issues and now .9 with also no issues. DIdn't reboot with either. I've noticed my ability to do mobile key only is better. Also carplay starts automatically (which is my main interface to traffic and audio) when I enter the car. Seems like my easy entry is now ALSO WORKING! First time since I got the car in June which is great. So sorry many have had issues--my experience has been great.
 
Ok, so new to my Lucid, so I have a total rookie question. How long do you normally have to wait to get an update. I was updated to 2.8.7 when I had my infotainment computer upgrade a couple of weeks ago, but prior to that was still on 2.4 or something for at least a couple of months. Note, I just purchased my Pre Owned 2023 GT at the beginning of September. Not sure if the fact that when I'm parked overnight, it is in a parking structure and so wifi access overnight is minimal at best. Or does the update come to my phone first? Still trying to figure all of this stuff out. Thanks all!
 
how is the tire pressure? with temps dropping, this is worth a spot check.
Good question. It’s 44 psi all around on the 20s. I just got brand new Michelin PSEVs a couple weeks ago as mentioned elsewhere on the forums. In SF and temperatures have been as expected, 65-75 F. Nothing jumps out.
 
First day driving with .9 installed - usual commute, 17 miles one way this morning. Is it just me, or is the Regen reduced? I very much like one-pedal driving, and always keep my Air Touring in "strong" regen setting. I drive days without even touching the brake pedal. This morning alone, I had to press the brake pedal three times. Something feels different on Regen. I made sure my settings are still on Strong Regen.
Same here in everything you said, ironically including the 17-mile morning commute lol.
Regen is indeed weaker than usual since 2.8.7, and I’ve read reports that others felt the same in the 2.8.7 thread, but it didn’t get much attention because black screens were more popular in that thread lol.
Checked my regen settings and confirmed it’s still in high regen, and I never charge above 80%.
 
Ok, so new to my Lucid, so I have a total rookie question. How long do you normally have to wait to get an update. I was updated to 2.8.7 when I had my infotainment computer upgrade a couple of weeks ago, but prior to that was still on 2.4 or something for at least a couple of months. Note, I just purchased my Pre Owned 2023 GT at the beginning of September. Not sure if the fact that when I'm parked overnight, it is in a parking structure and so wifi access overnight is minimal at best. Or does the update come to my phone first? Still trying to figure all of this stuff out. Thanks all!
Car first then you are alerted to install it. It’s not a huge file I think it can download without WiFi. Usually 2-3 after you hear about it most people get it.
 
Same here in everything you said, ironically including the 17-mile morning commute lol.
Regen is indeed weaker than usual since 2.8.7, and I’ve read reports that others felt the same in the 2.8.7 thread, but it didn’t get much attention because black screens were more popular in the thread lol.
Checked my regen settings and confirmed it’s still in strong, and I never charge above 80%.
What I notice/care about on the car varies wildly based on how pissed off I am at Lucid on that day. Locked out of my car at a public charger??? THE EDGES ON THE AIR BADGE ARE TOO ROUGH AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN POLISHED!!! Ghosted by service? THIS CAR IS TRASH!

But when I’m not mad at Lucid it’s like “ya know they’re doing a great job with this car”

🤣 😭
 
Checking in. After 2.8.5 update I had issues that the mobile app show vehicle offline. Worked with support but no luck, although support state that the vehicle is visible on their system, so scheduled a service visit. 2.8.7 came out a week before the appointment and vehicles is visible. Kept monitoring for a week and cancelled the service. Now 2.8.9 it is sporadic. Anyone experience this issue?
 
Checking in. After 2.8.5 update I had issues that the mobile app show vehicle offline. Worked with support but no luck, although support state that the vehicle is visible on their system, so scheduled a service visit. 2.8.7 came out a week before the appointment and vehicles is visible. Kept monitoring for a week and cancelled the service. Now 2.8.9 it is sporadic. Anyone experience this issue?
you might try loging out of the app and back in, and make sure you only use one email address. I had two email addresses at some point in time, and it made a mess of Lucid's system.
 
Yup tried that. Also restarted phone. Rebooted using the brake, + and mic buttons. No luck :confused:
 
Back
Top