Lucid ads and commercials

Saying it’s important to be identified as a California brand in order to sell cars in California would seem to carry the implication that it also has consequences in places where what California is thought to represent engenders dislike, no?
Apple plasters "Designed in California, Made in X" on all its packaging. Don't hear of people refusing to buy iPhones outside of CA because of it roots.

I think, at this point, the 'should they say designed in California or not' question has been beat to death. I would suggest, before anyone else posts anything about it, please try to ensure that it hasn't already been said. Don't want this to turn into a circular argument.

Fun thread, just noticed that.
How about "Designed in good parts of California only".
Love the State (the grounds and people), dislike the shitty parts of some cities, we all know what cities and what parts of those cities I'm referring to, where human poop is more visible then the dog poop.

Let's not kid ourselves, America does NOT favor Cali, nor their politics.
Sorry Californians, still love you guys and girls (or vice versa).

Fun thread, just noticed that.
How about "Designed in good parts of California only".
Love the State (the grounds and people), dislike the shitty parts of some cities, we all know what cities and what parts of those cities I'm referring to, where human poop is more visible then the dog poop.

Ouch, but also very true... 🤣 LA is still my dream place though!

Can anyone post samples of Lucid ads that showcase its capacious interior, its luxury materials, its performance prowess (perhaps via mentions of key awards). I wonder what percentage of the ad content they represent compared to the more "atmospheric" stuff.
This is one of the better ones I’ve seen on Prime and TV broadcasts (CNBC I think). Somebody else posted that it aired on the Academy Awards broadcast.

This is one of the better ones I’ve seen on Prime and TV broadcasts (CNBC I think). Somebody else posted that it aired on the Academy Awards broadcast.

Very good ad. I just wish the closing shot had included fade-ups of the various major trophies the Air has won -- especially since the ad was running during an awards show in which trophies were handed out.

That's what Lucid needs. Free tacos angle.

Attachments

• funny-pictures-3-19-24-19.jpg
    funny-pictures-3-19-24-19.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 23

Of all the places I've lived, my favorite two were Vermont and Los Angeles -- and for much the same reason: a live-and-let-live attitude. When retiring early to take care of my partner who had developed early-onset dementia, I wanted to return to California but was pulled toward Florida because we already owned a vacation home here, that's where so many friends and members of his family were going, and we both needed that support group around us to handle what I knew was coming.

So much has changed since then. My partner is gone, and a state that once was politically purple and attitudinally nonchalant became increasingly strident, angry, and vindictive as its population splintered and moved to increasingly extreme and vocal poles. Were it not for the network of friends down here, had I not spent several years designing and building my dream home, and were I a few years younger, I would seriously consider returning to California.

HOWEVER . . . I'm in Florida. I own a lot of Lucid stock, I love the product, and I want it to succeed. I'm sick of the regionalism that so blights more and more aspects of life these days. I'm sick of political signals and dogwhistles everywhere I turn. I'm sick of conversations and news stories about Bud Light and drag shows and immigrant invasions. I'm sick of political menus in restaurants. I'm sick of political signage on businesses and commercial vehicles. I'm sick of flags and yard signs. I'm sick of hearing what's wrong with California and New York and Chicago (all places I have lived and loved). I'm sick of business and product boycotts.

I know some posters doubt that much or any of this could manifest as hostility to Lucid. But I live here and know otherwise. I see the stridency, the anger, the unrelenting drive to conjure up new bogeymen from the most absurd and inconsequential of places or from thin air if need be . . . and I don't want Lucid to get enmeshed in this.

Stay away from regionalism. Don't claim a meaningless (and inaccurate) "California design" heritage. Don't stamp California geo coordinates on door sills. Don't slap California bears on fenders, wheel hubs, seat backs, and cockpit screens. It's . . . just . . . too . . . much.

Very good ad. I just wish the closing shot had included fade-ups of the various major trophies the Air has won -- especially since the ad was running during an awards show in which trophies were handed out.
How about editing a specific version that started out “We’ve won awards too.” And then showing the trophies for those awards with titles and then ending with Experience the Best video. That would get me excited to check out the car during an awards broadcast. 🤷🏻

P.S. I’m not in marketing, I hire people lot more creative for that like the free tacos with the purchase of a home.

Great ad. Especially because they knew to show off the right color.

Agree that mentioning "Motor Trend Car of the Year" wouldn't hurt.

Stay away from regionalism. Don't claim a meaningless (and inaccurate) "California design" heritage. Don't stamp California geo coordinates on door sills. Don't slap California bears on fenders, wheel hubs, seat backs, and cockpit screens. It's . . . just . . . too . . . much.

You are so correct. I despise politics, political talk, political fights and anything with political angle in it.
What it does, it divides people (even within family members), make them angry and intolerant. I guess, divided people are better manipulated and controlled by politicians.
Well, whoever said "United we stand, divided we fall" was right.

Now, enough politics for me.
Let's talk cars.

You are so correct. I despise politics, political talk, political fights and anything with political angle in it.
What it does, it divides people (even within family members), make them angry and intolerant. I guess, divided people are better manipulated and controlled by politicians.
Well, whoever said "United we stand, divided we fall" was right.

Now, enough politics for me.
Let's talk cars.
You're completely right. These days, I meet people who vote for their person of choice JUST because that person was in their "state's party" (you know what I mean). If only more people actually voted for somebody based on their INDIVIDUAL campaign... these days, those people are a clear minority. Not to go offtopic though... anybody have more ideas for ads?

True, although when I'm talking with true car enthusiasts I often refer back to him being the Chief Engineer at Lotus and being behind great cars like the Elise, as I find that piece of information often gets that specific audience more hooked.
i know.. but while i am driving and there is no room for lot of conversation, more of yelling back and forth happens.... Atleast that's how it is in Indianapolis. But yes, when i am at a parking lot, i am happy to even let them even look inside and sometime sit in my car.

My point was also that, cars on the street are also like advertisement which i guess is what they are trying to do by giving good lease/finance options for people approaching them.

Just saw a commercial while watching PlutoTV. Showed a Stealth model, was driving in what looked like a parking structure. Can’t find video on YouTube. Lucid needs to put these on network television.

Of all the places I've lived, my favorite two were Vermont and Los Angeles -- and for much the same reason: a live-and-let-live attitude. When retiring early to take care of my partner who had developed early-onset dementia, I wanted to return to California but was pulled toward Florida because we already owned a vacation home here, that's where so many friends and members of his family were going, and we both needed that support group around us to handle what I knew was coming.

So much has changed since then. My partner is gone, and a state that once was politically purple and attitudinally nonchalant became increasingly strident, angry, and vindictive as its population splintered and moved to increasingly extreme and vocal poles. Were it not for the network of friends down here, had I not spent several years designing and building my dream home, and were I a few years younger, I would seriously consider returning to California.

HOWEVER . . . I'm in Florida. I own a lot of Lucid stock, I love the product, and I want it to succeed. I'm sick of the regionalism that so blights more and more aspects of life these days. I'm sick of political signals and dogwhistles everywhere I turn. I'm sick of conversations and news stories about Bud Light and drag shows and immigrant invasions. I'm sick of political menus in restaurants. I'm sick of political signage on businesses and commercial vehicles. I'm sick of flags and yard signs. I'm sick of hearing what's wrong with California and New York and Chicago (all places I have lived and loved). I'm sick of business and product boycotts.

I know some posters doubt that much or any of this could manifest as hostility to Lucid. But I live here and know otherwise. I see the stridency, the anger, the unrelenting drive to conjure up new bogeymen from the most absurd and inconsequential of places or from thin air if need be . . . and I don't want Lucid to get enmeshed in this.

Amen

Back