Lucid ads and commercials

crayfish

20240205_113954.jpg

In the last week, I have seen a series of high production value television ads for MB, BMW, Lexus, and other EV sedans and SUVs. Each one made my stomach churn, knowing my Lucid is just as polished, appealing, and satisfying (if not more) than those vehicles. Makes me feel those manufacturers are eating our lunch, since Lucid's public advertising is virtually non-existent.

Being the best means absolutely nothing if no one knows about it. The clock is ticking and accelerating.

In the last week, I have seen a series of high production value television ads for MB, BMW, Lexus, and other EV sedans and SUVs. Each one made my stomach churn, knowing my Lucid is just as polished, appealing, and satisfying (if not more) than those vehicles. Makes me feel those manufacturers are eating our lunch, since Lucid's public advertising is virtually non-existent.

Being the best means absolutely nothing if no one knows about it. The clock is ticking and accelerating.
I see ads for lucid/fisker on youtube every once in a while but have not seen any on regular television.

I see ads for lucid/fisker on youtube every once in a while but have not seen any on regular television.
Polestar is on multiple times this week, and Lexus as I key this! Taking advantage of NCAA playoffs and PGA tournaments.

Yeah, I wish they'd run more ads in more places and on more stations too, showing how much fun they are to own and drive. They seem to want to position it as a luxury vehicle only. Which may have made sense initially, but doesn't make sense now with the current pricing. But I'm sure they have their reasons and plans. In any case, they definitely need more brand recognition.

I did see Lucid ad runs on Prime video a couple of times since Prime now has ads if you don't pay the additional fee.

Everytime I take my car out, there are folks yelling at me “hey what is that” and I say “Lucid”, and then classic “who makes it”. I guess we are all getting the word out there.
"who makes it" is so annoying, people always think its just a car model instead of its own make 🤣

I also get the "what is it" and "who makes it" questions a lot. In answering, I am quick to add that it's an electric car developed by the guy who did the original Tesla Model S. That gets most people onto more familiar turf and usually gets the conversation cooking so that I have a chance to extol the virtues of the car.

Yes more advertising whether niche or mass market that emphasizes the dynamic superiority, range, comfort and unrivaled space.

I also get the "what is it" and "who makes it" questions a lot. In answering, I am quick to add that it's an electric car developed by the guy who did the original Tesla Model S. That gets most people onto more familiar turf and usually gets the conversation cooking so that I have a chance to extol the virtues of the car.
True, although when I'm talking with true car enthusiasts I often refer back to him being the Chief Engineer at Lotus and being behind great cars like the Elise, as I find that piece of information often gets that specific audience more hooked.

Last edited:
Advertising in Architectural Digest is nice, but talk about a limited audience! Lucid needs to get the word out in far more mainstream outlets. True those mainstream outlets will include many who simply can’t afford the car, but at the same time it will reach far more that can than Architectural Digest!

Back