Lucid addresses lease return!

Tym

Active Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Sep 20, 2024
Messages
117
Reaction score
138
Cars
2026 Air, SSP, Massage
Just got this in email and wanted to share in case anyone’s went to spam.


Dear Valued Customer,

At Lucid Motors, we strive to deliver an exceptional experience at every stage of ownership, including the conclusion of your lease. We understand that some customers have encountered concerns or confusion during the lease-return process, and we want to acknowledge those experiences directly.

We sincerely apologize for any frustration or inconvenience you may have experienced. Your feedback has made it clear that, in some cases, our communication, inspection, and billing processes did not meet the standards of transparency and fairness that we hold ourselves to.

Lucid is currently reviewing all recent lease-end charges to ensure they are accurate, appropriate, and consistent with our published policies. We are also working closely with our finance and inspection partners to improve clarity in inspection reports, final billing, and the overall return experience.

In addition to these measures, please note that underbody plate scratches and any scratches smaller than 3.5 inches on the body of the vehicle are not subject to charges. We have also eliminated charges for wheel scrapes that are less than 3.5 inches, and reduced charges for wheel scrapes between 3.5 inches and 12 inches to $200. Additionally, there will be no charges for any interior stain that is less than 3.5 inches.

If you believe that a charge you received may be inaccurate or would like to request a review, please contact Lucid Financial Services at 1-833-423-0369.

Thank you for being part of the Lucid community and for giving us the opportunity to make this right. Your trust and satisfaction are of the utmost importance to us.

Sincerely,
Lucid Motors
 
Fantastic news.
 
The recent anecdotes about high Lucid lease-return charges were concerning, so it’s great to hear that the company is paying attention to this issue. Lease-return policies have a major impact on customer loyalty — I know it will certainly influence my own decision when my lease comes up.

By contrast, when we turned in our Porsche Macan, they actually gave us a $1,000 credit for minor wear when we leased another one. That kind of approach goes a long way in encouraging repeat business.
 
The recent anecdotes about high Lucid lease-return charges were concerning, so it’s great to hear that the company is paying attention to this issue. Lease-return policies have a major impact on customer loyalty — I know it will certainly influence my own decision when my lease comes up.

By contrast, when we turned in our Porsche Macan, they actually gave us a $1,000 credit for minor wear when we leased another one. That kind of approach goes a long way in encouraging repeat business.
Some companies give a vibe of having endless meetings where they discuss how to nickel-and-dime the customer in order to squeeze a tiny little bit of margin growth out of them. I don't know why exactly, but I really hate that. It's not about the amount of money I spend. I've had more than one company that I've bailed on, and went to a competitor that was just as expensive but the amount was clear up-front, with no surprise from a sprinkling of random fees on top. I think that companies working to offer a luxury experience are well served by charging a higher up-front price, and in return never springing expenses that feel surprising/unfair to the consumer.

One of the biggest disincentives to me of a Gravity lease is the thought of dealing with B of A again. I closed my account many years ago, and was happy to be done with them. The best that I can say of them is that they don't seem to have defrauded their customers as much as Wells Fargo did. 🤣
 
Some companies give a vibe of having endless meetings where they discuss how to nickel-and-dime the customer in order to squeeze a tiny little bit of margin growth out of them. I don't know why exactly, but I really hate that. It's not about the amount of money I spend. I've had more than one company that I've bailed on, and went to a competitor that was just as expensive but the amount was clear up-front, with no surprise from a sprinkling of random fees on top. I think that companies working to offer a luxury experience are well served by charging a higher up-front price, and in return never springing expenses that feel surprising/unfair to the consumer.

One of the biggest disincentives to me of a Gravity lease is the thought of dealing with B of A again. I closed my account many years ago, and was happy to be done with them. The best that I can say of them is that they don't seem to have defrauded their customers as much as Wells Fargo did. 🤣
I agree with you, and it does appears that this disconnect of return charges was driven more by B of A than Lucid...
 
I’m just glad it seems better now.
 
I’m just glad it seems better now.
My experience has not been pleasant. My charges are over $4k from Lucid. I hadthe car inspected by Blue Lane a few weeks before the return. The inspection was fine, a smalll wheel scratch noted. I just received final lease return inspection when my car was turned in, and all of a sudden all kinds of garbage is being charged. Do yourself a favor, do not Lease a Lucid. Super frustrating. I am pushing back, but the whole process sucks. I will never deal with this company again.
 
Can you give us an idea of the things they charged you for and how much for each? It could allow us to not only prepare ourselves but pay more attention to something we, as drivers, may want to overlook.
 
Still fighting Bank of America. They ding you for every little item. Be careful with you tires. The inspector passed mine and when two weeks later Lucid picked up the car, they are charging me for 4 new tires. I had 9,000 miles on car. Lucid is no help. Horrible customer service. So glad I went with the a new BMW. Having actual dealerships makes a huge difference. Lucid lost me as a customer.
 
My experience has not been pleasant. My charges are over $4k from Lucid. I hadthe car inspected by Blue Lane a few weeks before the return. The inspection was fine, a smalll wheel scratch noted. I just received final lease return inspection when my car was turned in, and all of a sudden all kinds of garbage is being charged. Do yourself a favor, do not Lease a Lucid. Super frustrating. I am pushing back, but the whole process sucks. I will never deal with this company again.
I just had the same exact experience as you. Who are you contacting to escalate the situation?
 
Still fighting Bank of America. They ding you for every little item. Be careful with you tires. The inspector passed mine and when two weeks later Lucid picked up the car, they are charging me for 4 new tires. I had 9,000 miles on car. Lucid is no help. Horrible customer service. So glad I went with the a new BMW. Having actual dealerships makes a huge difference. Lucid lost me as a customer.
Sorry, but I’m having a hard time believing you were assessed as needing new tires after 9000 miles. Unless you were launching the car for those entire 9000 miles. Or tracking it, driving like a maniac, etc.

I’ve got 27k miles on my Air and every time I ask about my tires they tell me I’m good for a while yet. The Air is very good on tires for a heavy EV.
 
Well they did. I would be happy to send you the bullshit report they came back with once the car was turned in. Trust me, I am not aggressive driver. Those dirtbags even claimed I did not return one of the fobs. Luckily I had a photo of the driver who picked up the with the box and fobs in his hand.
 
Underbody scratches were getting charged?!?!?! I'm glad that's being reversed. I find it really hard to believe that they were actually changing out scratched underbody pannels on lease returns.
 
Well they did. I would be happy to send you the bullshit report they came back with once the car was turned in. Trust me, I am not aggressive driver. Those dirtbags even claimed I did not return one of the fobs. Luckily I had a photo of the driver who picked up the with the box and fobs in his hand.
Oh I’m sorry. Wasn’t implying you were lying. Just that I couldn’t believe they’d claim you needed new tires after 9k miles. Unless you really were tracking it. I suppose it’s technically possible, in other words. But so unlikely as to be ridiculous.
 
Super frustrating. I have leasing cars for a long time, never seen anything like this.
 
Well they did. I would be happy to send you the bullshit report they came back with once the car was turned in. Trust me, I am not aggressive driver. Those dirtbags even claimed I did not return one of the fobs. Luckily I had a photo of the driver who picked up the with the box and fobs in his hand.
Clearly, someone is misrepresenting the truth. Either someone in the return process took the fob or it was so messy that they lost it. Either way, the company has lost its right to claim any faults were not caused by it or its representatives. To quote Winston Churchill: "We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender. "
 
Back
Top