Lucid Accident

This week it occurred. We were rear ended and likely shoved into the car we hit in front of us.

The accident was truly non-eventful. None of us in the car felt anything with no airbags deployed.
One of the worst Lucid crashes ive seen, glad you are fine. Do you have any immediate plans for replacement?

One of the worst Lucid crashes ive seen, glad you are fine. Do you have any immediate plans for replacement?
Not sure. I was hoping OP got a decent quote on his, but reading the thread more closely it was my own post on actual cash value 🙄

We will get another GT, perhaps not the original interior/exterior combo.

Not sure. I was hoping OP got a decent quote on his, but reading the thread more closely it was my own post on actual cash value 🙄

That's incredible because it looks so bad. That you felt nothing is kind of wild.

This week it occurred. We were rear ended and likely shoved into the car we hit in front of us.

The accident was truly non-eventful. None of us in the car felt anything with no airbags deployed.
I am shocked that the airbags did not deploy given the picture. Happy no one was injured, at least in your car.

If totaled and you have replacement car coverage, insurance provides the cost to get comparable car with similar mileage. This includes sales tax.

Nothing major other than airbag stuff. This is probably the first few accidents with Geico on the car. Everyone is clueless so waiting till Tuesday now
Did you get alerts on the dash? Are you in early collision detection settings? I'm curious if the car tried breaking or saw it and tried something to mitigate the damage. I am glad you are okay!

So glad you're safe, and terribly sad to see these Lucid's destroyed.

Did you get alerts on the dash? Are you in early collision detection settings? I'm curious if the car tried breaking or saw it and tried something to mitigate the damage. I am glad you are okay!

So glad you're safe, and terribly sad to see these Lucid's destroyed.
We were already decelerating via Regen, but the car quickly kicked it into emergency braking via the early alert just as I started to apply brakes. There was a curve and hill with a lane of blocking traffic. Would have been close if the other car had not rear ended us for it to stop in time.

The car has detected and started aggressive braking in the past to allow plenty of room for error of margin. I like the proactive steps though most times completely unnecessary (already applying more aggressive brakes). Early warning and application is better than too late...

This looks so much worse than I pictured when you had told me you didn’t feel it! So glad you and the family were all ok!

The car did a great job absorbing the energy and not passing it on to the occupants. Effective crumple zones & engineering. The car gave its life protecting its owners.
It’s true. Seeing things like this makes me infinitely more likely to continue with Lucid for safety.

Did your front look something like this? I think mine is totaled, so I am curious as to the payout for yours (23' or 22' model year)?
Did your front look something like this? I think mine is totaled, so I am curious as to the payout for yours (23' or 22' model year)?
I am really sorry to see this. My car is also Zenith Red. The one positive take away from this is that you walked away from this. It is a testament
to the strength and safety of the Lucid. Not too many other cars could sustain this amount of damage without injuries. Good luck.

Back