hmp10

Founding Member
Verified Owner
Cars
Model S Plaid, Odyssey
DE Number
Referral Code
033M4EXG
One of the ~160 Lucid Airs sold so far in Western Europe apparently made its way to Poland. My partner is there now and sent me this news clip from Warsaw. Apparently, the driver tried to avoid hitting a car that cut him off and instead hit a pole (lower case, no pun intended), whereupon the car caught fire.

The headline reads, "Fire of electric car in Warsaw. A million zloty [$247,000 USD] Lucid Air burned after an accident."

image000000-2.jpg

I've heard from someone who lives nearby that it was a DE. 😢
On a positive note though, everyone involved was fine. The driver walked away and was lucid enough (also no pun intended) to answer questions from police.
His impression was that the fire crews did a great job of extinguishing it, and that they have training for EVs there now.

I've heard from someone who lives nearby that it was a DE.

That would help explain the price, then.

Poland is not one of the four European countries where Lucid is being sold currently. I'm wondering if this was a visitor from maybe Germany, or whether Lucid has some service arrangement for servicing cars in a non-sale country?

That would help explain the price, then.

Poland is not one of the four European countries where Lucid is being sold currently. I'm wondering if this was a visitor from maybe Germany, or whether Lucid has some service arrangement for servicing cars in a non-sale country?
There is no such service arrangement. There’s a guy in Ukraine who has built himself an “unofficial service shop” lol by RE’ing the car from salvaged ones. Kinda wild.

But even wilder that everyone walked away. I would not have expected that, but man, the car keeps surprising me. I’m glad nobody was hurt.

There is no such service arrangement. There’s a guy in Ukraine who has built himself an “unofficial service shop” lol by RE’ing the car from salvaged ones.

Do you have his address? My insurer, who groaned and dissembled about the labor rates for a Lucid-authorized body shop, would probably like to know about him.

Do you have his address? My insurer, who groaned and dissembled about the labor rates for a Lucid-authorized body shop, would probably like to know about him.
Hahahaha no, no I don’t.

Back