Lucid’s opportunity to create brand ambassadors

Let's remember that Lucid is a start-up and their main focus was on building a great car. They did that. Now, they have to start building the support functions around it: sales, marketing, PR, Financial Services, etc.

The one thing that I love about the company is that the people they have hired really care about us. They understand that things like Financial Services and the EA network have to be fixed ASAP and I know that they have taken my input and started acting on it.

They told me they read this Board as well as our emails and bring them to daily meetings where they go over issues.

I am in month two of ownership and am loving my new car. I bought the website "Ilovemylucid.com" and sent it the CFO as a gift.

Owners as Brand ambassadors is effective and inexpensive. TV ads are expensive and of limited utility. I think that I have seen the annoying Cadillac Lyriq TV ad more times than actual Lyriq’s delivered to date.

I have personally encouraged two work colleagues to order Lucid Airs (one delivered so far) instead of a Tesla S and an Audi ETtron.

If every forum member did this it would be 5K+ more Lucid Air sales. Word of mouth from current owners. It’s sold a lot of Teslas. It can sell a lot of Lucids.
Just not enough to be meaningful and Lucid didn't have the time to build up awareness that slowly at this point. Everyone knows about the non-existent Lyriq much more than the population that knows about our awesome car.

This thread is getting out of hand. Appears brand ambassador sparks a lot of passion

I have one thing that has to happen before I could ever recommend Lucid to anyone other than wealthy buyers that can use the car for fun only and have spare cars to use if problems occur.
Improved service response and Lucid loaners when it needs to be serviced. I have had the car for 4 months and put 1600 miles on it. I have had almost zero operational isssues and only a few minor fit and finish issues.
That being said Lucid has scheduled my car to be either worked on by a traveling tech or to be picked up and taken to the South Florida service center. All 3 times nothing happened. No communication. I eventually call and they schedule again. I now believe the only way I can get anything done is drive 300 miles to the service center and get a hotel to avoid having to drive 10+ hours to get home in a rental. This type of issue has to be solved before Lucid can sell cars anywhere that they don’t have service centers.
As a positive follow up, Lucid out of the blue contacted me Saturday to discuss my case and schedule a service call. While talking with the representative he told me that he was from the Chicago service center and had been temporarily assigned to Riviera Beach to help out. So once again it appears Lucid does listen and takes corrective action, maybe not as promptly as we hope for but at least they try. Now, let’s see if they show up tomorrow.

As a positive follow up, Lucid out of the blue contacted me Saturday to discuss my case and schedule a service call. While talking with the representative he told me that he was from the Chicago service center and had been temporarily assigned to Riviera Beach to help out. So once again it appears Lucid does listen and takes corrective action, maybe not as promptly as we hope for but at least they try. Now, let’s see if they show up tomorrow.
Was that Mohamed? He's great!

Everyone knows about the non-existent Lyriq ...
thought they were extinct ?
iu

Oui! Yes! Ja! In every culture, in every language, customers want to get over-communication about the status of their cars. But this is something so many people in the auto industry fail at. If Lucid were designing their own CRM system, I'd probably put some sort of reminder in the system to contact the client at least every 48 hours with some sort of status update, and put this in the "To-do" list in the service advisor's dashboard. Salesforce probably already has some sort of similar software set up.

You all might think this is funny, but here is one thing I am doing to be a Lucid Brand Ambassador. I work from home for work for a non-profit organization with staff across the US and a number of other countries around the globe. I have a lot of meetings over Zoom with colleagues in the US and in other countries at all different times. We are doing global deployment of Workday HCM and Workday Financials.

My virtual background is the picture of a Fathom Blue Pure parked near the Golden Gate Bridge. I definitely get questions and very positive comments! Some say that they want a car like mine. I then have to break the bad news that I don’t actually own one yet, but that Lucid is my dream car, whether I’m awake or asleep! When someone asks about the car, I always drop the Lucid Motors website in the chat box.

Hopefully this qualifies me as an unofficial Lucid Brand Ambassador!

PS - Workday had a great Super Bowl ad with real rockstars. It’s amazing how Workday combined rockstars with their details about their cloud-based software.

PSS- I shared something about Workday in this post, so I guess I'm a Brand Ambassador for Workday as well...?

Excellent comments and points! Lucid should definitely take advantage of its “beta” customers. Wondering if this forum owner/manager can share the comments with lucid leadership.

I would say check LinkedIn and see if anyone can connect with their brand manager, chief marketing officer, chief design engineer…

Excellent comments and points! Lucid should definitely take advantage of its “beta” customers. Wondering if this forum owner/manager can share the comments with lucid leadership.

I would say check LinkedIn and see if anyone can connect with their brand manager, chief marketing officer, chief design engineer…
I would venture to guess that Lucid is aware of this thread. If they were planning on taking some of the suggestions, I’m sure it would take some time to implement a customer outreach program. Unfortunately, their messaging and communication is exactly the same as it’s been, so that is a little disheartening to me. It wouldn’t take much to put out a few Twitter posts talking about what is in development. To me that would be a good start.

Last edited:
I just read thru this long thread. I never wanted to be anyone’s ambassador, but I think I may have been today unconsciously.

I had to go to Houston north side this morning from west side of city. I was taking outer rim 2 lanes tollway Hwy99, doing HA at 80 mph, 50 miles to my destination. When I got to close to I-45, it got interesting. A BMW X5 cut me off without using blinker, soon another BMW M3 did the same cut me off abruptly, then not far behind another Audi A4 started tailgating me. I yielded my left lane and let them past in zig-zag fashion. Eventually, I caught up when the tollway started getting congested. When they were in front of me, I started to zoom pass each one of them later from 65~90mph acceleration whenever there is opening between lanes. After I passed all 3 of them, I then find opportunity to block the left lane with a long truck/trailer to my right lane and let the M3 to read my license plate out loud tailgating me — “TSLA2.0”. After a minute of my blockage. I zoom out of their vicinity in epic 70~120mph acceleration to let them scratch their head. Today I showed Blinkers Means What and Audi don’t mess with the next generation beast. I think I did Lucid brand a favor today sending these German auto enthusiasts a message. They will go home to Google research Lucid Air.
90564D88-5AD7-4487-B4A0-BCB5380E8FDC.jpeg

March 3rd:
Lucid +3
BMW -2
Audi -1

PS - Action is LOUDER than words.
689D444E-D28E-435B-B377-880ADDF1726B.jpeg

I just read thru this long thread. I never wanted to be anyone’s ambassador, but I think I may have been today unconsciously.

I had to go to Houston north side this morning from west side of city. I was taking outer rim 2 lanes tollway Hwy99, doing HA at 80 mph, 50 miles to my destination. When I got to close to I-45, it got interesting. A BMW X5 cut me off without using blinker, soon another BMW M3 did the same cut me off abruptly, then not far behind another Audi A4 started tailgating me. I yielded my left lane and let them past in zig-zag fashion. Eventually, I caught up when the tollway started getting congested. When they were in front of me, I started to zoom pass each one of them later from 65~90mph acceleration whenever there is opening between lanes. After I passed all 3 of them, I then find opportunity to block the left lane with a long truck/trailer to my right lane and let the M3 to read my license plate out loud tailgating me — “TSLA2.0”. After a minute of my blockage. I zoom out of their vicinity in epic 70~120mph acceleration to let them scratch their head. Today I showed Blinkers Means What and Audi don’t mess with the next generation beast. I think I did Lucid brand a favor today sending these German auto enthusiasts a message. They will go home to Google research Lucid Air.View attachment 10221
March 3rd:
Lucid +3
BMW -2
Audi -1

PS - Action is LOUDER than words.
View attachment 10223
Interesting drive for you.
How fast can you drive in Tx without getting a ticket? In Az, less than 10 miles above the posted speed.

Interesting drive for you.
How fast can you drive in Tx without getting a ticket? In Az, less than 10 miles above the posted speed.
Same 10 miles.
That was why I did HA at 80 mph.

While we are on the subject of brand awareness, earlier this week I went to a very different neighborhood, predominantly Hispanic. After I got out the car in the grocery parking lot proceed to go inside to use restroom. A Hispanic gentleman approached me. “Is that your car you driving?” “…Yeah?! Why?!”, I perplexedly replied. “Have ever you heard Nio? You should get a Nio, man! Nio is better! Don’t get this Tesla!” “Too late now!” I answered and rushed into Fiesta supermarket to obey my bladders.

While we are on the subject of brand awareness, earlier this week I went to a very different neighborhood, predominantly Hispanic. After I got out the car in the grocery parking lot proceed to go inside to use restroom. A Hispanic gentleman approached me. “Is that your car you driving?” “…Yeah?! Why?!”, I perplexedly replied. “Have ever you heard Nio? You should get a Nio, man! Nio is better! Don’t get this Tesla!” “Too late now!” I answered and rushed into Fiesta supermarket to obey my bladders.
This tesla? All along I was so sure the air was made by lexus…

Back