Low battery shutdown

jlongii

Cars
2023 Air Grand Touring
Has anyone ever had their air shutdown as a result of the battery being completely discharged? I got down to 1 mile of range but fortunately made it home. Pretty scary. Is there any cushion in the range? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_3002.webp
    IMG_3002.webp
    738.8 KB · Views: 1,750
I think there is about 4kWhr at the bottom as a buffer. The GT's are supposed to have a 112kWhr battery. The unofficial API for my car shows battery health at 93.6% and battery capacity of 101kWhr. The math works out to 108kWhr. In addition, Lucid told Tom Moloughney after his recent range test that he could have gone another 15 to 16 miles after the car showed zero. That also works out to about 4kWhr.

I went to Death Valley 2 weeks ago when it was 124 degrees and my range dropped faster than I expected and hit 0 miles with 26 miles to the nearest charger. I kept driving (slowly at 45mph), sweating and praying and after about 5 minutes (which felt like an hour) driiving with 0 miles range, road started going downhill and finally regen kicked in and made it to the charging station with 13 miles to spare.

I think there is about 4kWhr at the bottom as a buffer. The GT's are supposed to have a 112kWhr battery. The unofficial API for my car shows battery health at 93.6% and battery capacity of 101kWhr. The math works out to 108kWhr. In addition, Lucid told Tom Moloughney after his recent range test that he could have gone another 15 to 16 miles after the car showed zero. That also works out to about 4kWhr.
Good to know and thanks. Hopefully I won’t get caught in this situation again. I was in northwestern Indiana and Google mapped a fast charger. Found one but when I got there I couldn’t find any chargers so just decided to go for it. One mile left on the dashboard when I pulled into the garage. WHEW! but I guess I still had some cushion.

Back