Loving the gravity dream edition

tonykerf1

Active Member

Joined
Nov 24, 2022
Messages
114
Reaction score
50
Cars
2022 lucid air grand tour
Finally got it! I purchased with 1000 miles on it, and I’m in complete love with it. I actually enjoy driving this over my sapphire, I’m 6ft 215lbs, and I’m 42 years old. I love how fast and comfortable this gravity is, I literally have zero complaints at the moment
I love that it is spacious and airy, and it is extremely fast. The sapphire for sure is faster, but this gravity just suits me better
I used to have a grand touring air with glass canopy and this gravity the canopy blocks the direct sunlight much better, I don’t even think I will need the shade, I had a question, is it true that although the dream edition has more horsepower than grand touring, it still has Same torque??
 
[…] is it true that although the dream edition has more horsepower than grand touring, it still has Same torque??
Yes, the GDE max torque is the same the GGT according to Car and Driver.

GDE (Lucid specs for GGT):
  • hp: 1070 bhp (828 bhp)
  • torque: 909 lb-ft (909 lb-ft)
  • 0-60: 3.1* sec (3.4 sec)
The reason the GDE is faster than the GGT is because it can produce higher or equal torque (acceleration) than the GGT at any given speed. The area under the torque curve is larger even though the maximum torque is the same.

* 0-60 times vary depending on source. Some report 3.0 seconds. I can’t find official Lucid numbers.
 
Last edited:
Finally got it! I purchased with 1000 miles on it, and I’m in complete love with it. I actually enjoy driving this over my sapphire, I’m 6ft 215lbs, and I’m 42 years old. I love how fast and comfortable this gravity is, I literally have zero complaints at the moment
I love that it is spacious and airy, and it is extremely fast. The sapphire for sure is faster, but this gravity just suits me better
I used to have a grand touring air with glass canopy and this gravity the canopy blocks the direct sunlight much better, I don’t even think I will need the shade, I had a question, is it true that although the dream edition has more horsepower than grand touring, it still has Same torque??
I agree. I got mine in Nov 25. I do wish the FE got more range but I charge at home and with Nacs charging and tripping shouldn’t be a problem
 
Does anyone have any idea what @VLumina talking about
I forget if it was here or one of the Facebook groups but someone posted asking about a Gravity for sale that had been wrecked and was a salvage title asking whether it was worth it for the price.
 
I think the "black (Gravity)" they mentioned was @hmp10 's 2nd of 3 Gravity's he's owned
He posted pics of the damaged vehicle on one of the threads in this forum
Thank goodness no one was badly injured
 
Ok he scared the crap out of me lol, because one weird thing on the one I bought is the stealth trim that goes across the top of the windows appears discolored from above rear second row window the the third row window see photo
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8894.webp
    IMG_8894.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 133
always run a car fax when buying used- it will tell you if it had an accident if reported to the police or insurance
 
Ok he scared the crap out of me lol, because one weird thing on the one I bought is the stealth trim that goes across the top of the windows appears discolored from above rear second row window the the third row window see photo

Our Black DE that got wrecked had 1331 miles on it, so I don't think it could be yours. It also had Yosemite interior, fwiw.

The insurance company declared it a total loss, which I understand is now their standard practice when airbags deploy in an EV. However, it looked reparable to me, and I've sometimes wondered what the salvage company did with it. There was absolutely no damage aft of the A pillars. No glass cracked, door alignment still perfect, and the battery pack seemingly undamaged. (Almost a week after the accident I went to the tow yard to retrieve some personal items. As I approached the car with the key fob, it powered up, the A/C and music came on, the car showed very little phantom drain, and it was still communicating with the app every time I pulled it up.)
 
Our Black DE that got wrecked had 1331 miles on it, so I don't think it could be yours. It also had Yosemite interior, fwiw.

The insurance company declared it a total loss, which I understand is now their standard practice when airbags deploy in an EV. However, it looked reparable to me, and I've sometimes wondered what the salvage company did with it. There was absolutely no damage aft of the A pillars. No glass cracked, door alignment still perfect, and the battery pack seemingly undamaged. (Almost a week after the accident I went to the tow yard to retrieve some personal items. As I approached the car with the key fob, it powered up, the A/C and music came on, the car showed very little phantom drain, and it was still communicating with the app every time I pulled it up.)
That seems to say quite allot about the crush zone and crash worthiness of Lucid's platform engineering. Automotive companies spend significant sums of money and time to engineer this into their vehicles - kudos to Lucid! I get insurance companies' reluctance to repair, simply from a liability stance, but we, as occupants, are so darn well protected during impacts - unfortunately, one of the reasons we spend so much on a modern car, but fortunately, one of the benefits of spending so much on a modern car!
 
Yes, the GDE max torque is the same the GGT according to Car and Driver.

GDE (Lucid specs for GGT):
  • hp: 1070 bhp (828 bhp)
  • torque: 909 lb-ft (909 lb-ft)
  • 0-60: 3.1* sec (3.4 sec)
The reason the GDE is faster than the GGT is because it can produce higher or equal torque (acceleration) than the GGT at any given speed. The area under the torque curve is larger even though the maximum torque is the same.

* 0-60 times vary depending on source. Some report 3.0 seconds. I can’t find official Lucid numbers.
So it is faster ?
 
Finally got it! I purchased with 1000 miles on it, and I’m in complete love with it. I actually enjoy driving this over my sapphire, I’m 6ft 215lbs, and I’m 42 years old. I love how fast and comfortable this gravity is, I literally have zero complaints at the moment
I love that it is spacious and airy, and it is extremely fast. The sapphire for sure is faster, but this gravity just suits me better
I used to have a grand touring air with glass canopy and this gravity the canopy blocks the direct sunlight much better, I don’t even think I will need the shade, I had a question, is it true that although the dream edition has more horsepower than grand touring, it still has Same torque??
You have my DREAM garage! Congratulations! Enjoy your rides.
 
That seems to say quite allot about the crush zone and crash worthiness of Lucid's platform engineering. Automotive companies spend significant sums of money and time to engineer this into their vehicles - kudos to Lucid! I get insurance companies' reluctance to repair, simply from a liability stance, but we, as occupants, are so darn well protected during impacts - unfortunately, one of the reasons we spend so much on a modern car, but fortunately, one of the benefits of spending so much on a modern car!
@hmp10 has been in more, but having been in one collision in my Air, I barely felt a jolt. There was tens of thousands of damage, and the Camry was totaled, but I literally felt almost nothing.

Lucid is right up there with Volvo when it comes to safety engineering.
 
So it is faster ?
In a nutshell, yes. That's your horsepower number.

In terms of maximum output, it is the same. However, the DE can hold that maximum output longer and across a larger spectrum of speeds.

So both are true: it has the same maximum torque, and, it is faster.
 
Back
Top