Loud humming during charging in cabin.

AwesoM

Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Touring
Hello, today is our 2nd time going to EA to charge the vehicle after 5 days of ownership. Today being a warmer day the fan came on in full force as to be expected. What was not expected is the humming in the cabin was pretty loud. We never got it in the BMW I4 or our current IX.. so we were a little surprised. Is this normal? Customer care watched the video and said it was, but I wanted to see what other owners experience has been like.

Attachments

• IMG_5534.mov
    18.7 MB
Hard to tell the absolute volume of this noise from just a video but I've experienced similar and did not perceive it as a problem.

I've had that happen from time to time, and am pretty sure it just has to do with cooling the battery during fast charging. Particularly so when it's warm outside. It sometimes also happens for a few minutes after you disconnect. I have noticed that if you turn off the air conditioning for a while when that sound starts up, the volume tends to go way down. Hope that helps.

Appreciate it all for the feedback. It sounded like a lawn mower taking off 😝 as long as it doesn’t sound like that while driving….

Charging speeds not so impressed, seems to be no different that what I am accustomed to with BMW. Today we drive in at 19 percent… we plugged in and it peaked about 210 and it quickly went back down .. maintained around 150 for a little and then downhill from there. We did get 193 miles in 19 min according to the app.

Charging speeds not so impressed, seems to be no different that what I am accustomed to with BMW. Today we drive in at 19 percent… we plugged in and it peaked about 210 and it quickly went back down .. maintained around 150 for a little and then downhill from there. We did get 193 miles in 19 min according to the app.

Just about exactly what is to be expected at present. A lot of owners have requested Lucid to explore ways to maintain the high initial rate of charge longer, instead of the current more or less linear drop.

Just about exactly what is to be expected at present. A lot of owners have requested Lucid to explore ways to maintain the high initial rate of charge longer, instead of the current more or less linear drop.
Good to know… but currently I don’t see there is much differentiation between us (Lucid) and them (others… in my case BMW) in this area.

Good to know… but currently I don’t see there is much differentiation between us (Lucid) and them (others… in my case BMW) in this area.
Your miles added per minute of charging should be higher in the Lucid than the BMW. In the end, that's what matters. You'd actually prefer to add many miles in a short period of time, but few kWh, as the miles are to your benefit but the kWh are ultimately just a cost.

In general, it’s about the stations; I’ve gotten >300kW plenty, but not every time. Non-DEs or GTs won’t charge *quite* as fast, but still faster if you actually get a fast station.

Appreciate it all for the feedback. It sounded like a lawn mower taking off 😝 as long as it doesn’t sound like that while driving….

The charging curve is not a mystery. It can be disappointing, certainly, but should not be surprising.

You'll frequently hear it for a little while AFTER charging is complete, WHILE driving, so, also do not be surprised. It absolutely got my attention when I first heard it. I was worried initially since it was a new noise, but I was able to correlate it with the fact that I'd just charged.

Back