• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Lost Mileage

Yes, I have driving mode set in smooth, the key fob is 80+ feet away from car when the car is parked. I charged the car at EA station on a 150 Kwh charger. my speed is around 40-45 mile/hr. in local and 70-80 miles/hr. on highway mostly at traffic speed.

Yes, I have driving mode set in smooth, the key fob is 80+ feet away from car when the car is parked. I charged the car at EA station on a 150 Kwh charger. my speed is around 40-45 mile/hr. in local and 70-80 miles/hr. on highway mostly at traffic speed.
The EA station charge explains the 2.2 mi/kWh on your since last charge trip. The BMS works hard when the car is parked shortly after the session. I’ve had issues with it as well but accept it as being cautious. I’ll bet your mi/kWh increases to closer to your 3.0 display by the time you have to charge again. That’s about 72% of epa, which seems to fall in line with a lot of other 21” GTs.

Charging with a high speed charger and stop and go 40-45 are not ideal for range. Do you accerlerate and decelerate slowly? Those habits will improve range.

When the car is parked at home. Are you utilizing the mobile key? Are the fobs stored far enough away from the car or in a faraday pouch? Sadly these things wake the car with relative ease, thus keeping the car awake to drain the battery.
I have to agree with this. I had a good amount of drain, then it went in for service and I saw almost no drain over the week it’s been there. I ordered a faraday box to store keys in so I assume the trend will continue.

I have to agree with this. I had a good amount of drain, then it went in for service and I saw almost no drain over the week it’s been there. I ordered a faraday box to store keys in so I assume the trend will continue.
You should be able to tell when the car is on versus when it's off and locked.
And the app should make that obvious as well, is your car staying on? Or did it?

My fob is probably 20 feet from my car and haven't had any issues like that

3.0 mi/kWh lifetime on 21s is pretty good. I'm at 2.9 lifetime (over 6300 miles), with most of my driving being commuting to and from work, 13 miles total, 9 of which are highway going 75-80. When I drove to San Diego and back, I averaged 3.2 with HA set to 75.

3.0 mi/kWh lifetime on 21s is pretty good. I'm at 2.9 lifetime (over 6300 miles), with most of my driving being commuting to and from work, 13 miles total, 9 of which are highway going 75-80. When I drove to San Diego and back, I averaged 3.2 with HA set to 75.
my original owner was at 3.6 lifetime, but he said his commute was mostly around 55-65 mph so it makes sense (but I'm on 19")
and the winter just started, so he probably had summer lifetime mi/kw recorded, whereas I'm in the first winter, and Utah highways are at 70-80 mph minimum

I agree with you that 3.0 mi/kWh on 21s is very good

My experience with my heavy, high performance ICE vehicle is that I get 20mpg on the freeway at 80 mph and about 10 mpg in town. 5000lb is a lot to start moving. I expect a better range of efficiency with the Lucid with regen but you have to expect town driving will have a huge effect because of the weight.

My experience with my heavy, high performance ICE vehicle is that I get 20mpg on the freeway at 80 mph and about 10 mpg in town. 5000lb is a lot to start moving. I expect a better range of efficiency with the Lucid with regen but you have to expect town driving will have a huge effect because of the weight.
Somebody in here mentioned, don't ever let the power meter go past the R in POWER when driving lol

Somebody in here mentioned, don't ever let the power meter go past the R in POWER when driving lol
If you really want to eek out the efficiency don't let it go past the W 🤣

If you really want to eek out the efficiency don't let it go past the W 🤣
Do you ever find people behind you impatient or upset with how fast you move off the line?
R definitely still seems too slow, by the time you really get going past 25-30 mph, maybe 3 cars make it through before the light goes back to red behind you lol

Do you ever find people behind you impatient or upset with how fast you move off the line?
R definitely still seems too slow, by the time you really get going past 25-30 mph, maybe 3 cars make it through before the light goes back to red behind you lol
100% legit question because it happens so me fairly often now...hehe...Im trying to slowly accelerate on city streets to keep efficiency good but people behind me are pissed

Back