Loss while sitting idle

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
I have been traveling and I have noticed that the Lucid is losing about 2% of charge per day while parked in my garage. This is my first EV. Is this typical? See app screenshot. Was at 80% line on 12/29 and is as indicated today without having moved.

Attachments

• FE01082D-3DB9-4EDC-8773-9217BF3E2F9D.jpeg
    FE01082D-3DB9-4EDC-8773-9217BF3E2F9D.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 231
I used to get phantom drain like that with my Tesla, but haven’t gotten it with my Audi E-Tron or Jaguar I-Pace. So it seems to vary by EV model.

We have a Tesla Model S Plaid and a Lucid Air Dream Performance parked next to each other in the garage -- so in identical conditions. When I'm out in the garage doing something and neither EV has been driven recently, I notice that the Lucid's battery cooling system seems to run more often than the Tesla's (and more loudly). It may be due to the larger battery pack in the Lucid or something about the design of the Lucid cooling system.

We keep both cars plugged in, but I'm sure we'd see some phantom drain in both if we didn't.

Last edited:
We have a Tesla Model S Plaid and a Lucid Air Dream Performance parked next to each other in the garage -- so in identical conditions. When I'm out in the garage doing something and neither EV has been driven recently, I notice that the Lucid's battery cooling system seems to run more often than the Tesla's (and more loudly). It may be due to the larger battery pack in the Lucid or something about the design of the Lucid cooling system.

We keep both cars plugged in, but I'm sure we'd see some phantom drain in both if we didn't.
Oh wait, so all the fan noise I hear on the DC charging videos is coming from the car or both?

And that may at least partly explain Bill's phantom drain. Running the battery's cooling system takes some energy to accomplish.

Oh wait, so all the fan noise I hear on the DC charging videos is coming from the car or both?

I haven't used a CCS DC charger yet, but I'm pretty sure the Lucid pack's cooling system runs at least part of the time during fast charging. Our Tesla's cooling system usually runs some of the time when using a Supercharger.

Charging at the rate the Lucid can charge requires keeping the pack in a fairly narrow temperature range to accept the current optimally, so it's likely that either the pack's cooling or heating system will run.

Back