Looking at Used 2023 GT, What should I look for in the test drive

schmoot

New Member

Joined
Sep 22, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Cars
Rivian R1S, Old: Model S
I'm seriously considering a 2023 GT model, but given the uneven reports around build quality, I was hoping to get a list of items to look out for in the test drive. The car would still have 12K miles and 1 year warranty left, but would prefer avoiding dealing with major issues/warranty hassle if they can be discovered before purchase.

Carfax is clean, but can't find any way to check service history, it's being sold by a 3rd party dealer.
 
I am also planning to look at a 2023 Touring + Dream Drive Pro + Glass Roof with similar miles for $10K less, which is pretty tempting
 
I think a 2023 would have itself sorted out. You'd want the CCCv2 and make sure the Dream Drive isn't the one that needs activated

Go check them out, make sure the HVAC buttons are good and the roof bow isn't peeling up on the glass roof and I think that's kinda it. You could contact Lucid service and ask about remaining warranty and service history. Some of them needed updated...coolant I think? Some sort of service campaign.
 
I'm seriously considering a 2023 GT model, but given the uneven reports around build quality, I was hoping to get a list of items to look out for in the test drive. The car would still have 12K miles and 1 year warranty left, but would prefer avoiding dealing with major issues/warranty hassle if they can be discovered before purchase.

Carfax is clean, but can't find any way to check service history, it's being sold by a 3rd party dealer.
Unfortunately, it appears Lucid will not disclose anything regarding history or options unless you have title to car..
 
Unfortunately, it appears Lucid will not disclose anything regarding history or options unless you have title to car..

My local service center was more helpful than central support. They provided me with options on the car and verified warranty remaining. But they would not give service history.
 
I think a 2023 would have itself sorted out. You'd want the CCCv2 and make sure the Dream Drive isn't the one that needs activated

Go check them out, make sure the HVAC buttons are good and the roof bow isn't peeling up on the glass roof and I think that's kinda it. You could contact Lucid service and ask about remaining warranty and service history. Some of them needed updated...coolant I think? Some sort of service campaign.
Do you know how to do so on the car itself? I mean something easy enough where the dealership can check the cars settings without calling lucid?
 
Do you know how to do so on the car itself? I mean something easy enough where the dealership can check the cars settings without calling lucid?
doubt it on the maintenance stuff
as for CCCv2, i think you can tell by the wifi name it broadcasts, you'd have to search the forum for that info I'm not certain.
 
doubt it on the maintenance stuff
as for CCCv2, i think you can tell by the wifi name it broadcasts, you'd have to search the forum for that info I'm not certain.
Sorry apologies for not specifying, I meant the dream drive pro. I know the cameras in the pillars are an indication but they don't actually show if the software has been paid for so I was wondering if there's an easy way to find that out
 
Sorry apologies for not specifying, I meant the dream drive pro. I know the cameras in the pillars are an indication but they don't actually show if the software has been paid for so I was wondering if there's an easy way to find that out

I think you’ve gotta call Lucid sorry
 
Sorry apologies for not specifying, I meant the dream drive pro. I know the cameras in the pillars are an indication but they don't actually show if the software has been paid for so I was wondering if there's an easy way to find that out
You can ask them to send you pictures of the Dreamdrive screen from the pilot panel. If it has Pro then the options for it will be the first things there.
 
doubt it on the maintenance stuff
as for CCCv2, i think you can tell by the wifi name it broadcasts, you'd have to search the forum for that info I'm not certain.
That’s for TCUv1 vs v2
 
Back
Top