Look, another Edmunds hit piece!

xponents

Cars
Kia EV9, future Air?

Really? 0 percent of the staff would buy the Lucid again? This almost confirms that their biases are solely due to their hatred of the car, and I wonder why they have it. I can almost guarantee the Blazer had more issues than it, yet it somehow got one vote.

Really? 0 percent of the staff would buy the Lucid again? This almost confirms that their biases are solely due to their hatred of the car, and I wonder why they have it. I can almost guarantee the Blazer had more issues than it, yet it somehow got one vote.
It sounds like a combination of a very early build, the problems associated with that early build and, probably most important, the price. They admitted newer builds probably don’t have many of these issues, and newer models can be had for far less.

They seem to take great delight in conveying their frustration with the brand. I guess it's an editorial decision that makes for "good content?" It'd odd to write off the Air as an entire product line while admitting that their biggest problem with it has likely a) been resolved in subsequent builds, and b) failing to even reach out to customer care to have the issues addressed.

It's like they WANT it to fail.

Overall the info here is almost worthless. I didn’t think they were too unfair to the Air, and I agree a lot of it comes down to price. Expectations at that level are sky high.

Overall the info here is almost worthless. I didn’t think they were too unfair to the Air, and I agree a lot of it comes down to price. Expectations at that level are sky high.
They trashed the Air line of vehicles based on their instance of the vehicle (early build of a 1st year car), without attempting to resolve the issues, while saying the issues were likely fixed in later builds....but still wouldn't buy NOW because of the problems with THEIR early build. It's that last part which doesn't make sense. Saying "maybe the Gravity will be better" implies that the Air is 'done.' If they believed that to be true, then fair enough, but why conclude the line is done (ie, wouldn't buy one TODAY) while implying the issues are likely resolved?

It's not price-related because they have hope for the Gravity.

They trashed the Air line of vehicles based on their instance of the vehicle (early build of a 1st year car), without attempting to resolve the issues, while saying the issues were likely fixed in later builds....but still wouldn't buy NOW because of the problems with THEIR early build. It's that last part which doesn't make sense. Saying "maybe the Gravity will be better" implies that the Air is 'done.' If they believed that to be true, then fair enough, but why conclude the line is done (ie, wouldn't buy one TODAY) while implying the issues are likely resolved?

It's not price-related because they have hope for the Gravity.
Perfectly articulated my thoughts, thanks. Question, where in Northern NJ are you?

It was a fair video. Yes, they said they would not buy an Air again, but their whole thing is based on THAT particular car. They can only go by the car they have, not on what other cars may or may not be quality-wise. They acknowledged that the software got much better, complimented the range and battery and their complaints weren't really that bad all things considered. Fit and finish are a thing for sure, but they said the same thing about their 2020 Y as well and for the same reason.

The two thumbs guy prefers the i7 because it keeps his butt more comfortable in the back seat!

I get the feeling Edmunds either wanted a free car from Lucid or special treatment, didn't get it and then every article from them was steering negative. I recall them posting something about Lucid not giving them free tires or something and then more and more negative \ skewed articles started showing up.

They lost their credibility long ago when the clown was showing how laggy CarPlay was whilst also recording on said phone. Don't understand the basics, then you shouldn't be reporting.

The car has certainly come with some flaws and being one of those people with an early build I can say the experience I was having on day 1 was vastly different to the experience I was having 6 to 9 months on. It just seems Edmunds is hell bent on holding Lucid accountable for the day 1 experience vs the experience of today.

I get the feeling Edmunds either wanted a free car from Lucid or special treatment, didn't get it and then every article from them was steering negative. I recall them posting something about Lucid not giving them free tires or something and then more and more negative \ skewed articles started showing up.

They lost their credibility long ago when the clown was showing how laggy CarPlay was whilst also recording on said phone. Don't understand the basics, then you shouldn't be reporting.

The car has certainly come with some flaws and being one of those people with an early build I can say the experience I was having on day 1 was vastly different to the experience I was having 6 to 9 months on. It just seems Edmunds is hell bent on holding Lucid accountable for the day 1 experience vs the experience of today.

They are trying to live in the past with Lucid :p
Something like complaining about a 10year old that he peed and pooped in diapers 9 years ago.

Doesn’t everyone base their opinion on their actual car? They paid $140k and thought there were some areas of concern - do you disagree with that? I had terrible experiences personally with BMWs and I will never buy another one - what do I care if they got better long after I bought mine? Stop acting like anyone who doesn’t worship Lucid has some vendetta and how dare they point out shortcomings - or keep pretending there are zero issues anywhere and everyone should just see sunshine and roses all the time. They reviewed the car they bought and it wasn’t even a terrible review - just because 10 staffers at Edmunds wouldn’t buy again shouldn’t get you all riled up.

You think the Gravity will be $140k? If it is then Lucid will be out of business in less than a year. Price always influences our expectations.

Doesn’t everyone base their opinion on their actual car? They paid $140k and thought there were some areas of concern - do you disagree with that? I had terrible experiences personally with BMWs and I will never buy another one - what do I care if they got better long after I bought mine? Stop acting like anyone who doesn’t worship Lucid has some vendetta and how dare they point out shortcomings - or keep pretending there are zero issues anywhere and everyone should just see sunshine and roses all the time. They reviewed the car they bought and it wasn’t even a terrible review - just because 10 staffers at Edmunds wouldn’t buy again shouldn’t get you all riled up.

You think the Gravity will be $140k? If it is then Lucid will be out of business in less than a year. Price always influences our expectations.
I for one haven't had the best ownership experience with Lucid but they've gone out of their way to help me which is much more than I can say from my past experiences with Audi. You can see from my many posts on this forum that I by no means give Lucid a free pass but out of all the media outlets i've seen it seems that Edmunds deliberately skews to the negative when it's not entirely justified. Yes, call an automaker out but if all your reviews misrepresent things then i'm not buying what they're selling.

They got called out on the CarPlay review. The video spread like wildfire and was a Tesla fanboys delight to shit on Lucid. Did they ever take the video down when they realized they were in the wrong? no, they kept it up and buried a "clarification" in the comments. I haven't watched the video above as I gave up on Edmunds long ago but when I saw the thread topic my initial reaction was "surprise, surprise". From what I read in the past from them I don't find their reviews fair at all.

It's the flaw in the reasoning. They're allowed to not love the car. Their flow of logic seems to be irrational, though.

I bought a first year Honda S2K. My car had a couple of production problems. Those problems were since fixed in subsequent models. If someone asked me if I were to buy that product again, today, I would.......wait for it.....take into account the fact that the problems had since been fixed. If I wasn't SURE they'd been fixed, I'd find out how LIKELY it was they were fixed. Either way, it would sure as hell play into my decision making.

The analogy above about complaining about a 10yr old's behavior who is now in college is pretty much spot on.

They're clearly CAPABLE of recognizing change....they've mentioned the software improvements over and over again. Yet, they disregard the fact that a) they likely could've gotten many of their car's issues fixed at no charge (that's what a normal owner would do), and b) those issues are likely no present on today's vehicles. Why are they so willing to recognize one form of change, but seem blissfully unaware of the others.

That's why you see the resentment here.

So a loose a-pillar and they dish the entire car, they hardly mentioned the efficiency, range, handling. I’m sorry, but these are amateur clueless reviewers. When you say the i7 is better because it keeps you rear passengers butt more cosy, they lost the plot. i7 is an ice converted to EV, doesn’t even have frunk for God’s sake!

Go look at real reviewers- throttle house, savage geese, autoexpress, car magazine, top gear reviews- universally praise the engineering and handling. These clowns don’t know what they are talking about. And it’s not about worshipping Lucid- it’s all about a new car company coming out with the best EV- with their very first car. Technology that is even ahead of Tesla. And they call themselves auto reviewers……give me a freakin break!

I for one haven't had the best ownership experience with Lucid but they've gone out of their way to help me which is much more than I can say from my past experiences with Audi. You can see from my many posts on this forum that I by no means give Lucid a free pass but out of all the media outlets i've seen it seems that Edmunds deliberately skews to the negative when it's not entirely justified. Yes, call an automaker out but if all your reviews misrepresent things then i'm not buying what they're selling.

They got called out on the CarPlay review. The video spread like wildfire and was a Tesla fanboys delight to shit on Lucid. Did they ever take the video down when they realized they were in the wrong? no, they kept it up and buried a "clarification" in the comments. I haven't watched the video above as I gave up on Edmunds long ago but when I saw the thread topic my initial reaction was "surprise, surprise". From what I read in the past from them I don't find their reviews fair at all.
Exactly, I just got my car from service, all minor issues resolved completely without a question asked. If you expect a new car company not to have trim hiccups, you are living on another planet. Lucid service is exemplary, but I guess the Edmunds amateurs didn’t want to find out or refuse to acknowledge. Bunch of biased self serving reviewers!

And this is not called worshipping, it’s called acknowledging excellent engineering and service.

Ed"muds" as everyone has pointed out, is way off the mark when it comes to its Lucid Air reviews. In Earth 1, review after review has consistently listed it as one of the best electric cars.

The only question is why? Are their reviewers so incompetent that they are unable to see what all others see? Or is it deliberate and malicious? Is there some petty grudge? Who knows? For that matter, who cares? I don't give credence to their opinions anymore.

I'm an outsider here.............I don't have a lucid Air.......Have never driven a Lucid Air............but.................I want a new Lucid Air Pure RWD

Currently own a 2023 Tesla Model S and previously owned a Rivian R1T (was totaled).

I saw the Edmunds review of Lucid Air GT 2022 as reasonable, the Lucid forums have left me understanding this models flaws and frustrations.

EV's today are in a development and transitional period. There is not enough history to always pick the right EV........I'm focusing on Technology, Owner Satisfaction and Safety issues.

Back