Locking doors with kids

pyle112

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid touring
Apologies if this was asked but couldn't find anyone talking about locking doors with kids.
Just took delivery of a 23 touring. I'm sure every parent experiences this but what do you do when you go out of the car to run a quick errand- maybe it's hopping out to buy a soda at the grocery store or pick up a pack of cigarettes- how do you leave the car running with the door locked so that passengers, specifically kids, can still have the radio and heat on? It seems that if you lock the doors from outside the whole car shuts off. I know there's a lock the door command on the console but small kids can't figure that out.

If you leave a fob or phone set up for mobile key in the car, it won’t shut down when you lock the doors.

I just lock them inside with climate running. They can live without music for 5 minutes.

Apologies if this was asked but couldn't find anyone talking about locking doors with kids.
Just took delivery of a 23 touring. I'm sure every parent experiences this but what do you do when you go out of the car to run a quick errand- maybe it's hopping out to buy a soda at the grocery store or pick up a pack of cigarettes- how do you leave the car running with the door locked so that passengers, specifically kids, can still have the radio and heat on? It seems that if you lock the doors from outside the whole car shuts off. I know there's a lock the door command on the console but small kids can't figure that out.
The soda and smoking are more worrysome to me.

The soda and smoking are more worrysome to me.
Diet and menthols... They're kids for crissakes... But in all seriousness that was just for laughs. Any thoughts?

I've actually been kind of paranoid about this because sometimes the car seems to have a mind of it's own. So if you leave a key fob in the car, it will not turn off? If the person in the car hits the lock button on the pilot panel, with the a key fob in the car, does it then stay locked with climate and music available? Aren't there threads on this board about people being locked inside the car? My last two cars would automatically lock and turn off if all the doors were closed and I left with the key fob, so I would leave it in the car if someone was waiting there.

I've actually been kind of paranoid about this because sometimes the car seems to have a mind of it's own. So if you leave a key fob in the car, it will not turn off? If the person in the car hits the lock button on the pilot panel, with the a key fob in the car, does it then stay locked with climate and music available? Aren't there threads on this board about people being locked inside the car? My last two cars would automatically lock and turn off if all the doors were closed and I left with the key fob, so I would leave it in the car if someone was waiting there.
I’ve sat in the car for hours with my fob, happily listening to music and enjoying the climate. Long after I’ve locked the doors. If the fob or mobile key are in the car, the car assumes you are in the car and won’t shut anything down.

I’ve sat in the car for hours with my fob, happily listening to music and enjoying the climate. Long after I’ve locked the doors. If the fob or mobile key are in the car, the car assumes you are in the car and won’t shut anything down.
I think the car also recognizes when someone is in the front seats even if locked with the fob (havent tested beyond a couple minutes) but doesn't recognize when someone is in the backseat.

I think the car also recognizes when someone is in the front seats even if locked with the fob (havent tested beyond a couple minutes) but doesn't recognize when someone is in the backseat.
I’ve also sat in the back for at least 30-40 minutes. Honestly, it’s more comfortable and the sound system sounds even better back there.

Back