Lock unlock update

I keep hearing people saying they’re replacing the key fob batteries pretty often. Has anyone sent feedback to Licid that they should make the fob have a rechargeable battery?
That doesn't make sense since the battery is just a plain old CR2032. They are also hit and miss, but I've only had to replace my battery once in 7 months.

That doesn't make sense since the battery is just a plain old CR2032. They are also hit and miss, but I've only had to replace my battery once in 7 months.
My Mercedes key fobs use a CR2023 (not CR2032) and really do not like even name brand battery replacements, which often fail in a few months. The only ones which work for a full year are from the dealer, which last I looked are Panasonic. I suppose these sort of batteries aren't super reliable in general.

I have CR2032 batteries in my Tesla fob, and it easily lasts more than a year at a time with either energizer or Panasonic batteries. I would guess that since the Lucid fob is using Bluetooth that it probably requires more energy to do its work than a simple RF transmitter sort of thing like my old Tesla fob from 2016.

I don't see how it doesn't make sense to put a rechargeable battery in something. Really anything. My Logitech mouse that only needs to be charged every 6 months has a rechargeable battery in it. It's relatively easy now to design a custom, small rechargeable battery for small electronics. It might be hard to fit it in such a small package, but that's up to a product architect to sort out. I just wanted someone to give them the feedback.

It's relatively easy now to design a custom, small rechargeable battery for small electronics. It might be hard to fit it in such a small package, but that's up to a product architect to sort out.
I'm glad they didn't though...I don't want a failed proprietary battery that I won't be able to quickly replace due to whatever world event supply chain disruption happens next.

I have CR2032 batteries in my Tesla fob, and it easily lasts more than a year at a time with either energizer or Panasonic batteries. I would guess that since the Lucid fob is using Bluetooth that it probably requires more energy to do its work than a simple RF transmitter sort of thing like my old Tesla fob from 2016.

I don't see how it doesn't make sense to put a rechargeable battery in something. Really anything. My Logitech mouse that only needs to be charged every 6 months has a rechargeable battery in it. It's relatively easy now to design a custom, small rechargeable battery for small electronics. It might be hard to fit it in such a small package, but that's up to a product architect to sort out. I just wanted someone to give them the feedback.
Rechargeable 2032 Batteries 3.6V Lithium Ion Button Coin Cell Batteries of Key Fob Batteries CR2032 Rechargeable (4pcs) https://a.co/d/hD6JqER

Here is an example. I go out to the car after work, the car has been level 2 charging. Door handles do not present, press either the key fob twice or hard press on the door handle, the car may or may not unlock. Almost always works after a couple of tries. Open rear door and put my computer bag down, close rear door and the car locks with no input from me. Try the fob or hard press again and the car unlocks, remove the charging cable and the doors lock again. Try the key fob or the hard press and the car unlocks. Get in the car and put on seat belt and the car locks with all screens going black. Press the brake pedal and all comes back up. This is definitely not acceptable behavior from the car. This occurs with both key fob and mobile key or if I just have mobile key.
Yeah if you’ve done the full valet card reset and that didn’t resolve it then I’d call service, that’s not typical glitchy Lucid behavior. Do you have anything else in your pocket at all? I’ve found if I have my wife’s Subaru key which also has a proximity sensor it makes the Lucid auto-lock quickly when I get out. Never once had it lock on me when in the car though.

My batteries for both the Nissan Leaf and the Toyota Sienna last a 2-3 years. I'm surprised people are having to replace the Lucid Fob batteries so frequently.

Yeah if you’ve done the full valet card reset and that didn’t resolve it then I’d call service, that’s not typical glitchy Lucid behavior. Do you have anything else in your pocket at all? I’ve found if I have my wife’s Subaru key which also has a proximity sensor it makes the Lucid auto-lock quickly when I get out. Never once had it lock on me when in the car though.
I have not done the Valet card reset for a few weeks. I may try that before going to work. Customer care has time stamps for two occasions when this scenario has occurred. So far the response has been a software fix is in the works. I push them harder on some other issues, this one is just annoying and funny at the same time.

Rechargeable 2032 Batteries 3.6V Lithium Ion Button Coin Cell Batteries of Key Fob Batteries CR2032 Rechargeable (4pcs) https://a.co/d/hD6JqER
I see from the text printed on the battery that it is "Rechapgeable", not "Rechargeable"!

I just spent a couple days with my wife’s 2015 GS350 driving it from Dallas to Greenville. this 7 year old car I never once took the fob out of my pocket. Unlocked and locked perfectly every time. When I walked up to the trunk and went to open it, it opened immediately. Back in Greenville, I quickly parked the Lexus and got back in the Lucid. First stop was grocery store. Went to load the trunk and the car just would not allow me to open the trunk or unlock with me standing behind the car. I gave it about 30 seconds, which after a car that opens immediately seemed like forever. Had to get the fob out. the short long Morris code to open the trunk worked, and right after opening the trunk the car decided to unlock the doors. Later in the day approached the trunk again to place a purchase in the trunk. Once again refused to open. Doors also refused to unlock without a physical press. I can live with the other interface software issues. Lock unlock sucking is my bane with this car. I’m not parking it to drive the Lexus. 😁

I also continue to think the Lucid fob is different, but not better in any way. 2013 and 2020 GM fobs.

Attachments

• 5517233C-F277-43CF-A59F-01D8DEEE330B.jpeg
    5517233C-F277-43CF-A59F-01D8DEEE330B.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 74
I keep hearing people saying they’re replacing the key fob batteries pretty often. Has anyone sent feedback to Licid that they should make the fob have a rechargeable battery?
I replaced the battery in one fob after 5 months, much shorter time than any other fob we have. Lucid support said that's normal. Not sure that I agree but I don't think that it's a priority for them.

Back