Slam08

Cars
2022 Jaguar I Pace

Attachments

• 4CB3CF38-2982-4577-8F0A-8B831690D003.jpeg
    4CB3CF38-2982-4577-8F0A-8B831690D003.jpeg
    227.5 KB · Views: 84
No, because it does. Lol

Does the standard say anything about video lag? Every once in awhile mine decides to take a nice long breather.

The full surround view camera has a lag, the rear view (backup) does not. If someone is having a problem with it, it is their specific car not an overall issue. This has been discussed multiple times before.

I thought it was a rear view camera lag as well. I guess I misread the posts!

Good to know it’s not an issue then

The full surround view camera has a lag, the rear view (backup) does not. If someone is having a problem with it, it is their specific car not an overall issue. This has been discussed multiple times before.
I guess it's just my car then. I'll post a video of it if you require proof or something.

I guess it's just my car then. I'll post a video of it if you require proof or something.
Customer care would probably like a video since it would help them troubleshoot the issue. The vast majority of forum members I think trust one another and like you are trying to get the most out of their Lucid Airs and make sure that it is working the way that it should.

Last edited:
On the rare event that my car actually lets me in right away, the rear camera does not come up right away for me. If I’m in a hurry, I have to back up with the surround camera saying it’s loading and the rear camera a black screen, with only the arrow to indicate that it should be the rear camera up. I figured it was this way for everyone. I’ve also had to get used to the regen braking not being active for the first minute or two, usually until the surround camera loads.

On the rare event that my car actually lets me in right away, the rear camera does not come up right away for me. If I’m in a hurry, I have to back up with the surround camera saying it’s loading and the rear camera a black screen, with only the arrow to indicate that it should be the rear camera up. I figured it was this way for everyone. I’ve also had to get used to the regen braking not being active for the first minute or two, usually until the surround camera loads.
That is actually something to report to get serviced. Once you are able to get the car into reverse, that camera should activate. It's completely independent of the surround view system.

Yeah what @hydbob said. The glass cockpit reverse camera should come on as soon as the car is awake and you out the car in reverse, only the surround takes longer to load. Try a reset and if that doesn’t work then call service.

Yeah what @hydbob said. The glass cockpit reverse camera should come on as soon as the car is awake and you out the car in reverse, only the surround takes longer to load. Try a reset and if that doesn’t work then call service.
Agreed,

My rear turns on instantly, surround usually doesn’t turn on till I’m already out of my garage.

I have seen many cases where it says camera unavailable for forward or reverse camera. Often enough that I discovered that closing ‘parking mode’ and opening it again usually fixes it.

I have definitely seen the rear camera video lag (framerate just drops very low or hangs and then takes a second to catch up) on more than one occasion. It appears to be a performance issue.

I just got my Lucid Touring last week. First: love the car, the ride, the speed, the comfort. Software is still a bit buggy. Putting that all aside, I just had my second instance of front/rear camera "not available". I've tried a number of things but so far the only fix that works for me is to exit car, lock and then alarm car. When I return later all is working just fine. I will try your suggested closing 'parking mode' and see if it works.

I just got my Lucid Touring last week. First: love the car, the ride, the speed, the comfort. Software is still a bit buggy. Putting that all aside, I just had my second instance of front/rear camera "not available". I've tried a number of things but so far the only fix that works for me is to exit car, lock and then alarm car. When I return later all is working just fine. I will try your suggested closing 'parking mode' and see if it works.
Yeah this has happened to me more frequently since the last couple OTA, but what always works for me is closing the 360 camera and backup camera with the X in the upper left corner, then clicking the parking camera button in the bottom right of the pilot panel. I’ve never needed a reboot to fix it so maybe try that?

Agreed,

My rear turns on instantly, surround usually doesn’t turn on till I’m already out of my garage.
Same here.. The small reverse does come up right away but the surround cameras usually come out after I am out of the driveway.

thanks I will give it a try and let you know.
Camera failed again today. Similar scenario: Locked car and ran into store. Back after 15 min and no forward or backup camera. Same message: camera 'not available'. Tried BunnyLebowski suggestion but did not work. Any other suggestions? Car reset? Service call? thanks to all.

Camera failed again today. Similar scenario: Locked car and ran into store. Back after 15 min and no forward or backup camera. Same message: camera 'not available'. Tried BunnyLebowski suggestion but did not work. Any other suggestions? Car reset? Service call? thanks to all.
Try the Bobby reset, log out of your profile, log in as guest and see if that fixes it. If not, text service.

The behaviors described here and elsewhere regarding the cameras, especially rear, make me think that they have a bit of a long boot-up time, and the car's integration unit handling them may time out waiting for them to respond. Not every car will have the exact same cameras and firmware, I believe, so some cars may be more prone to this than others. Things like the profile change and shifting gears and other attempts to get the cameras to work do just that, they give the cameras time to complete their power-up cycle and participate. It would likely be good to let the customer service team know the details of when this occurs for you so that the feedback to the engineering team allows them to put together a solution, if the problem is as I describe.
Not all problems I've read about with cameras fit this scenario, but the number that seem to correspond to the initial boot-up period lead me to speculate on the boot time. Feedback to the service team is essential, as this forum can't usually provide anything more than an idea for a workaround or sympathy.

Back