Leasing issues

ahostmadsen

I made an order for a Lucid Air Pure. I live in Honolulu. Now Lucid comes back to me and says 1) because I live in Honolulu I cannot get the $5000 on-site discount 2) they want $5000 to ship it to Honolulu. So, basically, I will have to pay $10,000 extra because I live in Honolulu. I understand why I have never seen a Lucid Air here!

Here is one idea I have: I'm going for 2 months to Houston. Perhaps I can get the car there, use it instead of the rental I have booked, and then ship it back to Honolulu (around $3000). But the logistics seems daunting. For one thing, the place I rented doesn't have charging. So, I would have to rely on public charging.

And even if I get it here, I would be worried about service. There is only mobile service.

Sigh, Perhaps it's back to Tesla...

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me, although on a much smaller scale. Went through the entire process for a car in CA, got to the end of the process and Lucid said no go on the $5k because of CA tax laws, so no $5K on-site and a shipping cost to Albuquerque. So I ended up getting on from Houston - very nice people.

However, it was only a $200 flight and 800 mile drive for me. But I feel your pain.

I cancelled my order and they will refund my $500. It was a beautiful dream... I really love the Lucid Air. They made all the right design decisions. But paying $10,000 extra and with questionable service it was just too much.

So, goodbye 😢

Back