Leasing in 2023 will get full 7500?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy vs leasing confusion with lucid. I was assigned VIN number for Lucid Air Pure today (fathom blue, AWD). The legacy price including destination charge and doc fee is $84625. Since $7500 EV rebate is only available to me through leasing, I asked them about leasing information. They told me leasing payment for 36 month lease will be $1419 with zero down or $1109 with $7500 down.
Since they are advertising air pure a $94950 Air Pure for $995/month 36 month lease with $7945 first payment, I asked them why my payments are higher for a lower MSRP car.
He said I can not get both benefits (legacy pricing and lease special), so if I do not get legacy pricing my car lease payment would be $995/month for 36 month with $7945 down but I would be getting lucid at higher price. But if I want legacy pricing, I will have higher lease payment. Can any one make any sense of this?
its a promotion

Buy vs leasing confusion with lucid. I was assigned VIN number for Lucid Air Pure today (fathom blue, AWD). The legacy price including destination charge and doc fee is $84625. Since $7500 EV rebate is only available to me through leasing, I asked them about leasing information. They told me leasing payment for 36 month lease will be $1419 with zero down or $1109 with $7500 down.
Since they are advertising air pure a $94950 Air Pure for $995/month 36 month lease with $7945 first payment, I asked them why my payments are higher for a lower MSRP car.
He said I can not get both benefits (legacy pricing and lease special), so if I do not get legacy pricing my car lease payment would be $995/month for 36 month with $7945 down but I would be getting lucid at higher price. But if I want legacy pricing, I will have higher lease payment. Can any one make any sense of this?
Seems pretty straightforward? You can buy the car outright, at legacy pricing, or lease it at legacy pricing. Alternatively, you could give up your legacy pricing reservation for the current promotion which works out to be cheaper for you in terms of monthly payments. BUT, do the math on what the residual is, etc., because if you want to buy it out the MSRP being different may have a bigger factor.

Seems pretty straightforward? You can buy the car outright, at legacy pricing, or lease it at legacy pricing. Alternatively, you could give up your legacy pricing reservation for the current promotion which works out to be cheaper for you in terms of monthly payments. BUT, do the math on what the residual is, etc., because if you want to buy it out the MSRP being different may have a bigger factor.
Lucid has an excellent Payments widget on their website:
1. Select the car Model and optional features you want that are available.
3. Click on Payment Calculator and it will take you to the Financing and leasing page where you can select one of the 3 ways of paying: cash, loan or lease.
a. If you select Lease, it will open up a new page where you can select: a. Term b. down payment and mileage. The only thing missing from the calculator is the Residual buyout price at the end of the lease term. So anyone using the calculator will need to ask Lucid for that number and that number will vary depending on the three different variables of the lease, term, down payment and mileage.

I’m about to get a Lucid AT and so I have been playing around with the Payment Calculator widget and it’s really neat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back